or maybe it's you, and your sick need to give love then take it away

Lightweight

 

Characters: Kyungsoo/Krystal; Jongin/Krystal

Song: One and Only – Adele

Length: 1/1

Summary: Kyungsoo is in love with Soojung, but he hopes that one day, Jongin can take care of her as much as Kyungsoo did.

 

“you’re hopeless,” soojung tells kyungsoo on a sunday afternoon, both of them laid out in his family’s famous 5-metre land full of green trees and shrubs, exhausted and merely relaxing as they wait for the day to get by. they do this every single day, at exactly three o’clock, where the sun is beginning to set slowly and the wind is colder than before.

kyungsoo doesn’t retaliate, maybe it’s because he’s gotten used to soojung’s endless insults (she doesn’t mean it, he knows that, because no one knows her more than he does) or because he sees her in a different light – something way more than a best friend should feel for the other.

soojung scoots closer, her chest heaving up and down when she feels the grasses tickling the back of her neck, and kyungsoo doesn’t mind. instead, he holds out his arm, she lifts her head shortly, resting her delicate head on his arm, and he positions himself comfortably. they don’t talk, but they’re comfortable at the adequate amount of silence towering over them.

and it’s times like this one, for example, that kyungsoo cherishes and hopes to last forever.

 

jongin meets soojung through kyungsoo. kyungsoo remembers it very well, because right after he picks the younger boy at the airport, jongin demands to bring him home. home is wherever you live, hyung, he tells with a cheeky grin when kyungsoo doesn’t remember jongin’s address.

kyungsoo notices the stares jongin gives her, but he tries to play it cool, and even suggests of setting them up on a date. jongin throws his hyung a look – ‘what do you think you’re doing, hyung?’ but kyungsoo plasters a rather collected expression just to fake what he’s feeling.

soojung rolls her eyes, and even ignores the suggestion (though kyungsoo knows so well how much she’s liking it.)

the three forget about it later, and they spend time laughing and talking about senseless things. kyungsoo remembers how it used to be just soojung and kyungsoo – now it seems to be jongin and soojung, plus kyungsoo on the side.

 

“we’re dating.”

kyungsoo chokes on the meat he’s nibbling (somehow, he knows this was coming, seeing as soojung appeared at his doorstep early this morning, determined to cook him lunch), struggles to reach for water, and attempts to push back the pain in the back of his mind. he coughs, he clears his throat… then he coughs again, because he wants it to not be true.

he blinks, averting his gaze away from his best friend, as he tries to process her announcement in his mind. kyungsoo admits that soojung deserves someone more, someone even better than kyungsoo was, but she never seem to realize that before and it appears selfish, but kyungsoo wishes she never does.

but now she does, and he starts to regret.

however, when he looks up, and he sees that unfamiliar, sparkling glint in her eyes, his heart breaks even more knowing that she’s happy – and that only jongin can make her that happy.

 

it’s been two months, and jongin decides to visit kyungsoo again, with both of their favorite meal in his hand – spicy rice cakes. kyungsoo is pleased with his visit, hugging for a good two minutes because it’s been so long since they last spent together, with just the two of them.

kyungsoo prepares the food, while jongin picks out the movie – ‘hyung, do you still remember how we both cried watching titanic? well, you cried first, then you threatened me that if i don’t, you’ll never cook for me again. kyungsoo remembers, and he badly wants to tell him that. kyungsoo bets jongin watches movies with soojung, too, and maybe, they do more.

in the middle of the movie, jongin suddenly tells him that he’s been happy. and kyungsoo suddenly remembers the question he’s been dying to ask – ‘how have you been?’ but he never did.

kyungsoo grins, and whispers, ‘then that’s good’ even though it isn’t. it’s never good. kyungsoo is falling apart, his heart breaking into tiny, painful pieces, and he could only blink the tears back.

when the part where the ship is sinking appears, jongin asks him if he’s fine, because he’s been strangely quiet. kyungsoo must have said ‘i’m fine’ twenty times – and it breaks his heart that jongin never noticed that he’s lying.

 

kyungsoo is unhappy, and only joonmyeon knows that – perhaps, he’s the only one who notices. some people are just too happy to even notice the difference, but kyungsoo doesn’t wish for them to perceive it anyway. it hurts, but he’s going to be fine, he assures himself.

as he drowns himself in that familiar sensation of pain and the comfort of a stranger’s company, he silently wishes that jongin gives soojung the love she deserves, the love that is stronger than his own.


 

this is the last random chap! thank you for the 61 subscribers who supported this. i can go creys now because you guys are so nice. i've been thinking about making a similar one, only the theme would be like "the guys in soojung's life" - so do you guys get the idea? kkkk~ thanks for the support! /sends you my krystal hearts