but on a wednesday in a cafe, i watched it begin again

Lightweight

      Length: 3/3 + bonus chapter

Summary: Baekhyun loves Soojung; Soojung gives up on love… or maybe gives Baekhyun a chance to man up.

bonus chapter

She’s not always confident, or as she seem to be, whenever she walks down that busy hallway along with strangers she never knew. There are days and nights, endless nights, that she wants to be held – and even if she aches for Sehun, she gives up. She loves being held, but only Sehun knows that, and Sehun is busy.

Sometimes, she doesn’t just want to talk. Talk about things, talk about her life, or how she is. She doesn’t want to tell them she’s fine, even though she’s really not – but she has to anyway, because nobody even cares if she tells them the truth.

Sometimes, all she wants is a hug. A stranger’s hug would be nice, or rather, thrilling. She doesn’t care. Soojung never does, but people always misunderstand. All she wants is a hug, and for someone to let her cry.

I found you, at long last. Baekhyun magically appears out of nowhere, as though he hears her silent pleas. Soojung’s eyes widen, bewildered at the thought of him hearing out her thoughts – or maybe she said it out loud without even knowing.

He finds her, and she doesn’t push him away like she normally does.

Baekhyun scoots himself next to her, though the bench is pretty spacious for two people, he prefers to be next to her, thigh to thigh, arm to arm. He likes the warmth, he says when she shoots him a look. Soojung doesn’t protest though, and if Baekhyun is surprised, he doesn’t show it.

He doesn’t need to ask because he knows (Soojung suspects it’s Sehun who told him) what’s wrong – or that’s what he always say; Soojung grimaces, hoping he doesn’t or else she might just –

You can cry on my shoulder; I’ll sit still.

And so she does, and he doesn’t even mind. Even if his shoulder is soaked with Soojung’s hidden tears, or his ears muffled with miserable cries, he’s feeling rather happy. Maybe one day, if everything is okay and Soojung is happy, he can tell her. He can tell her that he’ll be different, that she won’t have to suffer and cry anymore – or if she ever cries, he’ll make himself cry.

Maybe one day, he can show her just how much love is stronger than the pain she’s feeling now.

and oh guys, i just co-authored a drabble fic! mind checking out? I LOVE YOU.

pic © yeahbaekstal