Six

Will You Be My Dongsaeng?

 

Chapter 6

The rays of sunlight from a new day come across my face and I start to wake up.  I yawn.  That was a good sleep.  I stretch in bed in order to get the stiffness out and tumble out of bed.  As I land on the floor of my bedroom I realize I actually woke up by myself for school.  I shudder at the thought.

As I get into my clothes I vaguely remember something from the day before.  “I would like to invite you to dinner with me, Jeongmin hyung, and some of our other friends for this Friday.  Is that okay with you?”  Jerkface asked me that.  I scrunch up my face at the thought of him.  I still haven’t asked for permission.  Oh well, I’ll just do it during breakfast. 

I’m starting to make my way towards the eating area when I see Yoseob oppa.  I smile.  “Good morning oppa!” I say cheerfully, jumping and landing in front of him. 

“Good morning to you too sleepyhead!” oppa says with a laugh.   

“I’m not sleepy now.” I say as if defending myself in a mock way.

“You were last night.” Oppa says with a superior look in his eyes.

“Yeah but that was last night, not now.” I say returning the stare.

Yup.  That’s us.  The “siblings” who love each other a lot  ^^.

After our little quarrel, oppa puts one arm around my shoulders and we walk to the eating area smiling.  As we arrive there, I run over to the head worker, Ms. Yun.  “Ms. Yun, is it okay if I have dinner at a friend’s place this Friday?” I ask.
“Nabila!  Where are your manners!  What happened to ‘Good morning Ms. Yun’ or ‘Did you sleep well Ms. Yun’?” Ms. Yun says in mock-shock.

I sigh and smile in an are-you-kidding-me way.  Ms. Yun smiles back in a no-I’m-not way. 

I sigh again.  “Good morning Ms. Yun!  Did you sleep well?  Is this good enough?  Now may I go to the dinner?”  I ask in a very innocent way with big eyes. 

Ms. Yun laughs.  “Yes, you may but don’t stay out too late, okay?”

“Okay!” I say and try to run off.

“Hold on,” she says as she grabs the back of my shirt.  For a few seconds I try to fight her off thinking she might change her mind but then give in since it’s ruining my shirt.

“Hold on,” she repeats.  “Who is this friend?  Where do they live?  Give me their number or better yet bring them over.”

“Ummm, I’ll get you the information you desire but I do not wish to bring them over,” I say in a professional way, trying to convince her to do otherwise.

She raises an eyebrow.  “Nabila Nawrin.”  Oh no, not the full name!, I think.  “You will bring this friend over or else you are not going to that dinner.  Is that understood?”  It’s scarier because she’s not yelling at me.  Aigoo. 

“Yes ma’am,” I say in defeat and walk back to Yoseob oppa.  Great, now they’ll know I’m an orphan.  I don’t mind Jeongmin oppa knowing but Jerkface might try to use it to his advantage against me.

“What was that about?  A dinner?  With who?” oppa asks in a curious way.  I sigh.  It’s no use holding back against oppa.  “Okay, there’s this dude at school who’s been kind of a jerk towards me and now he says he’s sorry and wants to officially apologize to me through a dinner with him and his friends with one of whom I am good friends with.” I spill out.  Oppa whistles.  “Awww, look at my dongsaeng making new friends,” he says as he ruffles my hair.  “I’d like to meet this guy too, okay, give him a few, uh, words of advice.”  I freeze.  “Oppa!” I grab his arm.  “DO NOT BEAT JERKFACE UP!!!!”  I don’t really care about Jerkface’s welfare at the moment but beating him up isn’t a good way to try to start and ‘correct’ things.

“I am genuinely hurt, Nabila,” oppa says with a shocked look and hand over his heart.  “How do you translate ‘words of advice’ to ‘I’m going to beat the shiz-nay outta him’?” 

I sigh.  “Every time I tell you about someone bothering me, you end up beating the shiz-nay out of them!  How do I know you won’t do the same this time too?”

“Don’t worry, I won’t,” he says pushing my hands off of his arm, “, especially if he’s your boyfriend.”  He starts to walk away but I have to get this out. 

“HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!” I yell and walk off to grab some food before running off to school.  I would talk to him but I’m getting late.

 

*    *    *    *    *

 

*sigh* Great way to start off my day.  I stomp out of the house as I start to finish off my croissant.  Guys.  Why are they so touchy?  But then again, it was kind of my fault for implying that he beats up everyone who acts like a jerk towards me.  Aish, I’ll tell him sorry later when I see him again, I think while ruffling my hair in frusteration.

I arrive at school with no problems.  I want to look for Jeongmin oppa but homeroom is about to start so I have to get going. 

As I walk into the classroom and take a seat, a notice a few differences.  I usually don’t remember all the faces I see but I do definitely notice these.  First reason is because Sylvia points them out to me.  “OMG, Nabila!  Where have you been!!  Look over there!  Most of the F6 moved to our classroom!!” she says in a very squeaky voice.  I rub my ears while giving her a stern look and then turn around. 

The first face I see is Jeongmin oppa’s.  He is smiling and talking to someone and I’m about to wave at him and call him when I see the someone he’s talking to.  MINWOO.  He’s talking to Jeongmin oppa and laughing too.  My eyes narrow at this dude and I quickly move on.  The next person, or the next two people, are a HUGE surprise.  The two look alike but one is blonde and the other has dark brown hair.  A very familiar dark brown hair.  At this my eyes widen and my mouth drops open but I immediately close it.  This cannot be happening, I think.  They are talking to each other about what looks like homework.  What are Pikachu robber One and Two doing here!!  I don’t feel like looking at them any longer so I move on and this face makes my heart stop….but in a good way.

Hyunseong oppa.  I’m amazed that I remember his name.  Wait, no I’m not.  I usually remember people who leave a good impression on me and Hyunseong has DEFINITELY done that.  This oppa is sitting in a very professional and stylish way with one leg swung over the other.  He looks so focused as he writes something on a piece of paper.  Beautiful, I think as I realize I’ve been holding my breath.  I try to imagine how I would draw him in a realistic way, with the correct shadows and lighting when suddenly his eyes flicker up to mine and mine widen as I turn away.

Why am I turning away?  You idiot!, I think as I smack my head with my fist.  Wait.  Why am I doing this in front of him when he’s watching me?  Pabo!!, I think as I stop and try to stop my urge to pull out my hair.

 

Hyunseong Oppa:

            It’s that girl.  What’s her name again?  Ah, I remember, Nabila.  She turned around quickly when I looked up so I think she might remember me too.  I hope she does o.o .  Why is she smacking her head?, I think as I smile at her doing this.  Aigoo, gwiyeobda x3 . 

            “Hyung, who are you looking at?” Kwangmin asks looking over at Nabila.  Kwangmin’s eyes widen as soon as he sees her and he tries to hide behind a textbook he just took out.  “Youngmin hyung!  Duck, hide, do something that disguises  you!” he hisses as he pokes Youngmin.  “Wae!!” he says.  Kwangmin points towards Nabila and as Youngmin looks over at her, he does the same.  “!” he says, “ !!!!” he exclaims.  Kwangmin looks over at me, “Hyung, is that girl looking over at us?”  I look over at Nabila and see she has her head down and is swatting away another girl who keeps pointing at us.  “Ani,” I reply as I shake my head no.

            The twins take a peep and heave a sigh of relief.  “Why this class, why?!  Aish, now we’re gonna have to hide from her every day!” Kwangmin hisses.  “It’s all because of that stupid Pikachu doll you wanted!  Aigoo the shame!!” Youngmin hisses back as he dramatically puts his hand to his head.  Pikachu?  What did these crazy kids do this time?, I think.  The twins turn on Jeongmin and ask him “Why this class of all the classes!?” and he replies by pointing at Nabila. 

“See that girl over there, she’s my friend –“ “…And she’s the chosen one!” Jeongmin starts and Minwoo finishes. 

“Mwo!!  Andwae!!  Tell me you’re lying!!” the twins complain. 

“You don’t like her?  Nadu!!  I think she’s a little weird,” Minwoo says.

“YAH!!” Both Jeongmin and I yell.

The maknaes give us weird stares.  “Hyunseong hyung, Jeongmin hyung.  Are you saying you actually like her?” they ask in horror.

“Yeah, of course.  You kids don’t even know her that well so don’t be quick to judge her,” I say.  Now I’m getting the weird look from everyone. 

“Hyunseong-a, how do you know her?” Jeongmin asks.

“I met her on the first day of school, during recess,” I say trying not to get into the details.

“Oh, well I met her in a store and ended up being friends with her,” Jeongmin replies, also trying not to get into the details.

The maknaes give us a weirdo look, sigh, and then continue to look upset and disappointed.  Aigoo, they just don’t understand, I think as I shake my head at them.

 

Back to Me:

Okay.  Breathe Nabila.  Even if it’s not now, I know I will eventually get over this awkward moment.  I’m about to start to get ready for class since class is supposed to start any minute now when I feel a tap on my shoulder.  As I turn around, I feel shocked at how ironic my life feels even though this isn’t a real irony. 

“Hi Nabila,” Hyunseong oppa says smiling.  I can feel my cheeks get warm as I recall how stupid I made myself look not a few seconds ago.  “Hi oppa,” I reply smiling and doing a little wave.  I am calm, I am calm, I tell myself.  Hyunseong takes a seat in an empty chair diagonally behind me, facing me. 

“I heard that you’re invited to the dinner on Friday,” he says grinning.  That makes me think.  Hyunseong and those other dudes back there are the friends Jeongmin oppa and Minwoo were talking about?!  Aigoo -.- .

“Umm, yeah, about that…” I start.

“What, you can’t come?” he asks with a worried expression.

“I’m not sure yet.  My guardian says that she wants to meet Minwoo and possibly you guys to see if I can go or not,” I say.  “Oh!  And my oppa wants to meet you guys too,” I add.

“Okay, cool.  We’ll come over today with you…that is if you’re okay with that.”

“Ummm, I’ll call her and check at the end of the day,” I say with a smile hiding me freaking out.

“Cool, see you later,” he says smiling.

I’m about to melt when I remember something.  “Wait!  Oppa,” I say.  He turns around.  “Is the dinner formal or casual?” I ask nervously.  Oppa smiles.  “I’ll ask Minwoo since it’s at his place then get back to you later,” he says as he backward-walks to his seat.  I nod and smile and turn back to Sylvia who is frozen.

“Hello!  Earth to Sylvia!” I say as I wave a hand in her face.  She is standing with open in shock.  She slowly turns her head toward me like in those creepy alien movies where the head can turn all the way around. 

“Hyunseong oppa..came here…and...spoke to…YOU,” she says like a Miss Obvious. 

“Yes, he did.  Do I need to get a nurse or something?”

“Hyunseong oppa came over here…near me,” she says with a dazed look as she slowly plops into a chair next to me.

I look at her in a quizzical way but return my focus to the front of the class because the teacher has walked in. 

 

Note-to-self: Somehow cure Sylvia and come up with way to stop F6 from coming to my house a.k.a. orphanage.

 

 

 


 

 

Hello All  ^^ !!!

Jongmal mianhae for not posting for a long time xS

I wrote up most of the chapter earlier but then got a little writers block...

But at least I updated again ^^" !!  (please don't be too upset *~*)

 

Also, some new news!!!

I'm also writing a new fanfic!!  It's called "Stone Keepers" !!!

(i wrote a little bit in school and let my friend read it and she basically, literally beat me to start it -.- ...oh well!  I'm thankful for that since I probably wouldn't have started it other wise ^^")

 

Q of the Day!!:

What is your horoscope???  For me it is Leo ^^ !!!

 

 

ALSO!  Please comment, subscribe, follow on twitter (since i'm not allowed a fb -.-), check out my other story, and other fun stuff (like answering the q above  ;P )