One

Will You Be My Dongsaeng?

Breathe Nabila, breathe.  Even though high school is messy and complicated and stressful and you tend to not like it and you’re not that good at making friends and are afraid that no one will like you and will instead bully like the few last years, YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE.  Crap.  I just listed all my fears of school and they are probably going to come true.

            It’s a new a day and a new first day of school (great, another Monday =.=).  I don’t want to get out of bed but the milky blueness of a sky with wisps of clouds in the air beckons me to get out.  Fine, fine.  I’ll do it.  Now hush up sky.  I reluctantly peel the light blanket off and run towards the bathroom.  No way those kids are going to beat me this time.  They can pee in their pants for all I care but I’m getting in first!  As I slow down turning the corner towards the bathroom I see I have been beat by like the whole orphanage… and that is to say more than about 20 other kids and more are coming on the way.  Crap, crap, and double crap!, is all I can think about, not that I would say the words out loud.  I reserve the right to curse in my head but will never do it out loud ‘cause then the kids will learn and I can’t get myself to do that.  The guilt would KILL me. 

            As I patiently wait in line and mind my own business, a boy front the front of the line started looking at me and snickering.  What’s wrong with him?, I thought to myself.  It was Yoseob oppa.  “Omo!  Our little Nei Nei is stuck at the back of the line again!   Tsk, tsk, tsk.  What are we going to do with you Nabila?”  he said as he shook his head in mock disappointment with a huge grin on his face.  “Oppa, stop it.  I’m already in a grumpy mood.” I said because it was true.  Waking up for school left me in a super sour mood.  “Oh yeah!” he clapped his hands as he realized something.  “It’s your first day of being a sophomore in a new school!!” he grinned to himself with pride for remembering.  Despite my mood, I just had to smile.  Oppa can be so stupid sometimes that he can always make me smile.  “Excuse me, hold my spot please,” he asked a kid who was too young and scared to say no.  He skipped over to me and dragged me to his spot on line.  “Here, you stand here with me.  You have to be ready for school so make sure you clean yourself up in the bathroom!  I mean, look at you!  Has a bird been making a nest in your hair?”  Yup.  That’s my oppa.  He makes you feel happy and love him one second and then loses the touch the next but I still love him.  “Thanks oppa,” I said actually meaning it (for the place in line, not his comment on my hair xP).

 

*   *   *   *   *

           

After about 15 minutes in the bathroom, I ran to the dining room and scarfed down a breakfast of Apple Jacks cereal.  “Slow down kid!  You don’t wanna have a stomach ache!!” Yoseob oppa yelled.  “Oppa!!  I’m not a kid!!  Stop calling me that!!”  I yelled back. 

“Okay, okay… kid.  Why are you in a hurry for? “

“School, man!  I’m about to be late!!  It starts at 8:45!!”  Although I wasn’t thrilled about getting up and going to school, I was too much of a nerd to be late.

“Fine, fine.  I’ll drive you there.  Happy?”

“Thanks oppa!  You’re the best!”  I said as I gave him a quick hug and peck on the cheek.  I ran to my room like a lunatic and threw something on but made sure I still looked good.  Okay, Nabila.  Breathe. 

As oppa pulled up to somewhere near the school in his blue car (my favorite ^^), I already got weird stares.  Darn it.  So much for going by unnoticed.  If only oppa wasn’t so good-looking, I would be fine.  But NO, God had to go and make him so handsome that I got death glares from the other girls.  Pfft was the sound I made as I blew my bangs from my face.  This is gonna be a hectic day, just as I predicted.

“Okay, I’m gonna have to leave you here.  Walk to school the rest of the way, I need to go somewhere,” Oppa said. 

“Fine oppa.  Love you,” I said as I got out, annoyed.

“Aww, come on.  Don’t pout.  I’ll pick you up later, okay?” he said looking worried.

“Fine.  Bye oppa!!”  I said with fake enthusiasm.

And just like that he drove off.  Boys.  They get convinced so easily.  As I continued walking, I heard a few blood-curling screams behind me.  I turned around quickly and saw a car coming my way.  At the same exact moment, I noticed the mud puddle that the car was going to ride through.  The mud puddle that was right next to me.

Before I could even scream “Noooo,” in super slow motion, the car sped through the puddle and drenched me in the dirty water.  Now I scream.  “Noooo!”  The car stopped and came back a little, just a few centimeters away from the puddle.  I looked on in horror as a person from the back of the car came out.  I wiped the muddy guck off my face and clothes as the person came closer.  “Oh, umm, sorry for the damage of the car riding through the puddle.  You shouldn’t have been walking so close to the curb,” the boy said.  I translated this into “Stupid!  Why the heck were you walking near the curb!!  Don’t you have eyes you four-eyed idiot!!”.  I looked up the dude.  No, more like glared at the dude (why did he have to taller than me -.-).

 “Excuse me, but did you ever consider maybe driving a little slower?”  I said.

“Umm, no actually ‘cause we were already driving pretty slow,” the dude said.

“Then how ‘bout telling your driver to watch out for puddles and maybe, oh I don’t know,  drive around them and be careful not to spray anyone!!” I said enraged as I waved my hands over by clothes which were wet.

“Okay, listen, I said I was sorry, right?  Look, I’ll pay for dry cleaning or something, okay?  Here, take this, I have to get to school,” he said as he pushed something paper-like into my hands, rushed back into his car, and drove away.

“But I don’t want your stinkin’ money!!” I said defiantly as I was about to throw what the dude gave me on the ground in a tantrum.  But then I noticed what he had given me.  It wasn’t money at all.  It was a business card with what I would guess to be his name and number on it.  What is this? I thought as I looked at the card.

            Suddenly, I heard some running feet.  On instinct, I moved a step away and just barely missed a girl running towards me.  “Woah!” she squeaked as she almost fell.  “Hi, umm, my name is Sylvia!  Was that just Minwoo oppa that stopped in front of you?!” 

“Who?”  I asked.

“OMG!  You don’t know Minwoo oppa?!  Here’s a picture of him,” she said as she showed me a picture.  As I looked at the picture, I realized it was the same person.  But something nagged at me.  He looked familiar to me, like I've-seen-him-before familiar.  “Yeah , that’s the same person.”

"OMG!  I can't  believe this at all!!  Ummm, may I ask what's your name?"

"Oh, umm, my name is Nabila."

"Nabila,  okay!!  Hope I can see  you again!  Gotta go  now, I'm almost late for school!  Bye!"

Huh.  Well that was interesting.  I wonder if most girls are like that around here, I thought as I shrugged my shoulders and walked away towards my new school. 

            As I got to school, I got the usual stares and whispers that happened whenever I came to a new school.  I shrugged that off too.  To keep myself from feeling, or rather looking, intimidated, I just said in a loud voice in my head, “Yes my darling paparazzi!  Look away, whisper away!  I know how famous and wanted I am by my adoring fans!”  Great.  Now even I feel embarrassed by the way I think.

            As I entered the school, I tried to scurry along as fast as I could to escape the weirdo-stares.  In my attempt to make haste, I overlooked a “Wet Floor” sign and almost fell on my face in front of the whole student population.  “Eeep!” I screamed as I skid along, trying to regain my balance.  I closed my eyes trying to focus but also blot out everyone around me so I didn’t feel like an idiot.  BIG MISTAKE.  Suddenly I felt a two strong arms on my shoulders, stopping me from going any further.  “Woah there!  You okay?  You should keep your eyes open to actually see where you’re going and make sure you don’t run anyone over!”  A grin.  I heard a grin in this voice.

            As I slowly opened one eye and then the other, I noticed that I had been stopped by a grinning tall guy who looked like he was a senior.  He had a handsome face with chiseled looking features including high cheek bones (this is something I very rarely say about anyone).  What should I say?  “Thank you for stopping me from running anyone over” or just leave it at “Thank you for stopping me”?  I decided to go with the latter.

            “Thank you for stopping me…” I said nervously.  I don’t like getting intimidated but from going to an all-girls school for the 8th and 9th grades, boys intimidated me pretty easily sometimes.

            “You don’t look familiar.  Are you the new student we’ve been expecting?” he asked.  I looked up at him.  Man he’s tall, I thought.  I’m used to being the tall one so this was a big change for me.  “Yeah, I’m the new girl.” I answered.  “Okay new kid.  Follow me.   We’ll go get you your schedule and run down the rules for you.  Then I’ll introduce you to everyone and then I have to get to my own classes.  Does that sound okay?”  I would have answered him right away but I was biting back the urge to pound him half to death.  After breathing a bit, I answered in a weak-ish voice, “Yes.”

            “By the way, kid, my name is Donghyun.  I’m a senior so basically I’m your oppa, okay?  You better respect me,” he said in a smiling way.  I smiled back in a fake way just to get him off my back.  Respect him.  Yeah right.  Call me kid again and I might smack you.

            After getting me my schedule, he led me to my first class: Trig.  Originally I would be taking Geometry but since I was in the advanced class for math, I got to be ahead (lucky me).  “Everyone, may I have your attention please.  You have a new chingu.  Her name is…Nabila was it?”  Nabila?  Nabila?!  I have to correct him.  “Actually, Donghyun, it’s pronounced ‘Na-bee-la’,” I said.  I stopped myself from continuing my speech of how to pronounce it.  

Everyone looked at me in a shocked way.  Guess they weren’t used to hearing the new girl actually speak.  How frightening!  “Okay, Nabila.  Everyone, treat her nicely, okay.  Or else you’ll be hearing from me.”  He said the last part like a threat.  Interesting, I thought.

As I took one of the only empty seats in the first row and took out a binder, I noticed shocked glances.  Strange, what’s wrong with them?  I decided to ignore them and the class went on.  

 

 


 

Bonjour chingus!!

How'd you like my first chapter?

(hint hint, comment!!)

I hope u children have enjoyed it!!

Comment A LOT and add me as a friend!

(I am pretty friendly and will not bite you...only if you're on my good side ;P)