Three

Will You Be My Dongsaeng?

The weekend has already started.  I know, I know.  How did it come so soon?  I’ve only been to school for one day!  Well, you see, the idiots who run the Board of Education said that school must start on September 6th, even if it’s on a Friday (fudging gadas  xD).  Anyway, the glorious days to relax from hell, I mean school, is here so I’m happy.

            Lately, my room has been looking a little dull.  Sure it has the baby blue wallpaper and the blue, green, black, white, and gray bed sheets set for my bed that I love but my dresser is so empty and lonely looking.  It’s time to go shopping for some new assets for my bedroom.

I get the money I have gotten for allowance (lucky for me, this orphanage is pretty rich).  We get allowance every week for doing chores and other things.  Sometimes we get allowance for just being good.  I haven’t really spent my money since I’m not really into shopping for clothes and stuff.  Because of this, I have a lot of money saved up.

Anyway, I get some money and go out.  I have to go secretly or else the other younger kids might cling to me and I would have to peel them off (I do not get why they like me so much when I’m always pushing them away from me  -.-).  I’m almost at the door when I feel like I’m being watched.  I slowly turn around and see that two pairs of eyes are watching me from a bedroom door.  The bedroom door of the troublesome fraternal twins.

“Where you going?” little Lily asked. 

“SHHH!!” I said in an exasperated tone.  “You’ll wake them up!”

“Who?!” Peter whispered in a frightened tone.

I had to think fast.  What are kids scared of?  “MONSTERS.  They usually roam the hallways being invisible.  If you talk to loud, they’ll come out and grab you to take away to their home in the mountains.”  There that should do it, right?  Wrong.

“EEEEEP!!” went the twins as they lunged at me with their tiny hands.  Great.  Just what I needed.  “Scare them away Nabila!  Karate chop ‘em!  Don’t let ‘em take us!!” they shrilled in loud whispers as they wrapped their arms around my legs.  Just when I was about to say I was lying, my knight-in-armor came to the rescue.  No, make that my orphanage-bro-in-plain-clothes. 

“Come here kids!  I have flashlights!  They’re like swords to monsters!!  We can fight them off!” he said in an excited way.  The twins ran over to oppa and grabbed two flashlights.  “We can fight them!  Hai-ya!” Peter said as he did a small kick in the air and fell down.  “Yup, now hurry or else we’ll be in trouble!!!” he said as he shot a sly grin in my direction.  I know what that meant.  As I mouthed a thank-you to oppa I made a mental note to pick up some Reese’s Pieces.  That shall be my token of gratitude.

 

*   *   *   *   *

            As I got to the store, I breathed a final breathe of relief.  Sometimes those crazy kids follow you out the door and scream like the lunatics they are.  You can almost never be too sure.

            As I walk into the store, I look around for a pretty mirror and perhaps a vase to put some pretty wild blue violets in.  I might not be the total girly type but I still think it would be nice to have something pretty in my room.  I lifted my head to look at the vases on the upper shelves.  Blue, blue, blue.  No, maybe I should get white with some blue flowers painted on it.  Or maybe a clear looking one to also see the beautiful green of the flowers stem and leaves.  As I thought over my options, I took small steps backwards.  The vases were too high up and I need to go back a little to see all of them.

            As I walked backwards, I suddenly stumbled into someone behind me.  I quickly turned around and saw a boy with brownish hair and fair, light skin.  He had a surprised look on his face as he stared on something on the floor.  As my eyes followed his to the floor, I saw what he was staring at.  .  , , .  As I looked on the floor, my look was returned by my own face staring back on many broken pieces of a mirror.  I was afraid to look back at the dude but I have to apologize.  That’s the right thing to do.

            “Sorry!  I’m so sorry!  I didn’t see you there since you were behind me and now your mirror is broken!  I’m so sorry!” I said.  The boy looked at me and smiled.  What does that mean?  Do I have to pay him back?  What’s gonna happen!!!!

“That’s okay.  I have more at home and I can always buy a new one, right?”  Well that was unexpected.  “All I was doing was looking at myself anyway.  By the way, since you broke my mirror and I wasn’t done looking at myself, I’m going to use your glasses as a mirror.”  Before I could say anything, the boy adjusted himself so that he was at my height and could see his reflection in my eyes.  He’s smiling a toothy smile.

The Dude’s Perspective:

I wish my mirror wasn’t broken but at least it’s something I can replace.  *sigh* I was looking at my beautiful reflection.  Oh well.  Just like I said, I will use this girl’s glasses as a mirror.  As I look into the glasses and start to pretend to fix my hair, I notice something.  Something beautiful.  Something I didn’t notice before.  Her eyes.  They look so beautiful surrounded and hugged by a bouquet of eyelashes.  They’re so attractive that I want to compliment her.

But then, I notice something else too.  Tears.  Drops of tears at the corner of her eyes, hanging there, looking like clear pearls.  As I continue to stare, a tear slides down her cheek.  Suddenly, I snap out of my trance and notice sadness and anger all mixed in her eyes.

“W-what?  What’s wrong?  Why are you crying?  What’s wrong?!” I ask in a hurry.  Now the tears that had been welling up in her eyes like pools pour out of her eyes like a water fall.  Oh no.  What did I do?  What do I do now?  I want to hug her and stop the tears but I don’t want to frighten her and think I’m a ert.  How weird would I feel if a complete stranger came out of nowhere and hugged me?

“Oh, don’t cry.  Please don’t cry!  T-tell me what’s wrong, please!  Jebal, I don’t want you to cry.  I was only kidding,” I said.  The girl wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.  I handed her my handkerchief to wipe her eyes with.  She took it and lightly dabbed at her eyes and cheeks.

 

Back To Me:

Jerk.  What’s wrong with this guy?  Does he have to do this to me just how so many others before him have?  Breathe Nabila, breathe.  He doesn’t know.  He doesn’t know you or why this action hurts you so much.  As I take deep breathes to calm myself down, I wipe my tears away.  Darn memories.  They always make matters worse.

As I hand him back his handkerchief, I sniff and try to clear my throat without him noticing.  FAIL.

“It’s not you, don’t worry.  It’s just that….. that’s what people have done before to me when they bullied me,” I said.  Just at the mention of the bullies brought on a fresh round of tears.  I was about to wipe my eyes with my hand but the boy was quicker.  He wiped away the tears with his handkerchief.  “Who bullied you?” he asked gently.  I looked up at him.  Why did he care so much about a girl he just met?

“Oh, sorry.  I bet this is really random.  My name is Jeongmin.  Lee Jeongmin.  What’s yours?” he said.  Wow.  He’s a mind reader too, I thought.  “My name is Nabila.  Nabila Nawrin,” I answered.  “Okay then Nabila, want to be friends?  I’m a pretty nice guy you know,” he said smiling.  I smiled back.  This guy is so weird.  I like that.  “I don’t know.  You’re a stranger and isn’t the golden rule not to talk to strangers?  It’s not like I know you or anything,” I said starting to grin.

He had a mock serious look on his face.  “What?!  Me, a stranger?!  What, do you think I’m gonna kidnap you or something?  I am sincerely hurt!  Nae maumi apayo!” he exclaimed with his hand over his heart.  I just had to laugh.  This guy was so funny and dramatic.  A drama queen - er- king!

“Okay, okay.  We can be friends.  But I don’t know if we’ll see each other again, you know.  I mean, I don’t even know if we go to the same school!” I said. 

“Don’t worry, I have my ways.  What school do you go to?”

“Ummm, I don’t actually know the name.  I’m a new kid at school.” I said quietly.

“Oh, I see.  Wait a minute!  I heard there was a new girl at my school!  It might be you!  Don’t worry, I’ll find out!” he said.  At that moment we heard a ‘boing! You have a message!’ sound.  “Oh, sorry,” he said as he reached into his pocket.  He took out his phone.  From the look on face, I knew he was about to leave.  “Sorry, I have to go now.  But don’t worry!  We shall meet again!” he said dramatically as he left the store.

I was upset to see him go but at least I now have another friend.  I smiled at that. 

As I looked around the store, I finally picked a pretty clear vase that I planned to paint with some blue and green designs to make it perfect.  As I went over to the side that had mirrors, I felt myself smile.  The mirrors reminded me of my new Jeongmin oppa, the Mirror Dude.  I picked a pretty square mirror that had a very light blue design on it.  As I purchased my items, I started towards home happy.  New accessories for my room always make me happy.

Before turning a corner, I saw a deli and remembered oppa’s Reese’s Pieces.  Couldn’t forget my token of gratitude or else he would never let me hear the end of it.  After the buying the candy, I started towards home.  My mind was filled with the encounter today and making note-to-selfs to continue using my invisible monster story.  As I kept walking, I looked up to open the gate and suddenly realized I was at the wrong place.

This isn’t the orphanage.  It’s the house I used to live in.  Before I became an orphan and lost my family to the clawed hands of death.  The house that is full of memories of happiness that vanished with the stinging sorrow of loss.  Before I could start crying again, I rushed home to the orphanage, making sure to be careful with my items.  As I walked in, I saw oppa and threw his candy at him to catch and ran into my room.  Forget about it, Nabila.  That’s not your life anymore.  That’s not your home.  This is your home now and it will forever be your home too.  No need to bring back a time of sorrow.

 


 

Bonjour Amar Chingus!!

( 3 languages in one saying "Hi My Friends!!" )

(i'm soo awesome, kidding xD)

How did u like this chapter?  I'm SUPER happy to see some comments

Me happy -->^ w ^     T^T  <-- tears of happiness

The next chapter shall include the twin tornados (here u go ILuvChangjo ^^)

Hold on tight and don't get blown away!!!!!

 

 

~ Nabila (Nei Nei, CHiPMUNK, and other crazy names)