Four

Will You Be My Dongsaeng?

            Sigh.  I don’t know why but today I feel very happy.  The sky is that beautiful blue that I love and there are little puffs of white cumulus clouds scattered across the sky that are fun to look at when cloud watching.  The sun is shining but not so much that I sweat buckets and get blinded.  Absolutely PERFECT

            I take deep breaths and make sure to wash my face well.  Last night felt awful filled with the sad memories of my past family.  A good cry usually always makes me feel better but this time I wouldn’t allow the tears to come. 

            Suddenly today I feel like continuing my search for the perfect stuffed doll.  The perfect stuffed PIKACHU doll that is.  I don’t know why, but I have been searching for a cute Pikachu doll for like my whole life!  Pikachu is soooo adorable and of course, I love Pokémon.  I used to have Pokémon cards and Ash, Misty, and Brock dolls but I threw them out the window as soon as my interest in it was lost.  Suddenly, I am in my room.  Not the orphanage room but the room at my old house. 

“No, Nabila.  This is how you play.  The HP goes down every time I attack you with my Pokémon…. NO, that Pokémon can’t do that attack now!  You need the water power card!  You don’t know how to play!!!” Rafi said as he started to throw a tantrum.  He scrunched up his face as he tried to explain to me once again.  He had such a passion for playing Pokémon that he made it seem boring  -.- .  

He got up and ran to get his Pokémon Book.  He had finally given up on teaching (FINALLY!).  He showed me the Pokémon book and pointed at Rayquaza.  “See?  This is Rayquaza, my favorite Pokémon.  He rules the sky and lives in the ozone layer.  He is AWESOME,” Rafi said as he got that look on his face as if he could actually catch Rayquaza in real life.  I miss you so much.  Where have you gone without me?

Suddenly, I snap out of the flashback.  I slap my face a few times.  Don’t do this to yourself anymore, Nabila!  Stop being stupid!  I nod to the little voice in my head and will myself to listen.  NO MORE FLASHBACKS.

As I get out of the orphanage, I rove carelessly about.  I don’t give a damn if the kids follow me this time.  I need to get out.

I walk towards the toy store.  Pikachu, oh Pikachu.  Where art thou adorable thing?  I smile at myself for remembering Shakespeare’s line from Romeo and Juliet.  Hah.  I sound like a love-sick idiot! 

As I make my way towards the store, I start to skip.  I don’t know why but it feels good to be alive and I wanna enjoy every moment (yolo, right?).  I skip over to the side in the store that has Pokémon goods.  I’ve checked out this side a lot in the past years and have checked out the Pokémon sections in many other places too.  Still no perfect Pikachu doll.  All the ones I find usually look really fake and nothing like Pikachu (I mean, orange, seriously?).

            As I walk along the short shelves, I finally see it.  “Pikachu!” I shout (I don’t care for the weird stares at the moment), “I finally found you!”  I scoop up the cutie and hug it and kiss it until I finally realize I have no idea where this toy has been.  As I wipe my lips on the edge of my sleeve, I make sure to tightly hold onto Pikachu.  No way am I losing this.

             Suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear a quiet sobbing.  As I turn around, the sobbing gets louder until I lay my eyes on a little girl who looks like she has cried a whole bucket.  Instantly, for some reason, I go into big-sister-help-little-sister mode.  “What’s wrong kid?  Are you lost?  Are you hurt?  What’s wrong?” I ask in a slow, soothing way.  The girl sniffs a few times and wipes her eyes with her hands.  She has started to hiccup. 

            “I *hic* have looked in so many stores for the perfect Pikachu doll and *hic* have never found it until *hic* now.  I feel upset because you have the doll and *hic* I don’t want to *hic* take it from you *hic*.” She said between hiccups and sobs.  I just had to smile.  This kid reminded me so much of how I used to be as a kid and how I still am now.  She has the passion for Pokémon that me and ----

            No.  No time to think about that.  Look at what’s in front of you Nabila.  I shake my head slightly to vanish the memory and look at the girl before me.  I get down on one knee so I can look at her at eye level and don’t seem like a giant to her.  “Kid,” I started as I wiped her tears, “I think I should give this to you.  Sure I’ve been doing the same thing as you but you look like you care more.  Because you look like a sweet little girl, I’ll give this to you.” I say as I hand her the beloved Pikachu.  “I love this Pikachu a lot so you better take really good care of it, okay?” I ask her. 

            The girl nods enthusiastically with a huge smile on her face.  “Neh, unnie!  Thank you so much!” she says as she gives me a quick hug and runs off.  I smile at myself.  Well done, Nabs, well done.  You are now a good person.  I scrunch my face at the last part of my thought.  Out of habit, I guess, since many have said this to me and I don’t believe in it.

            As I go back to looking for another Pikachu doll, I get the sudden urge to look up.  When I look up, smiling for some reason, my eyes come across a really cute guy with brownish, blackish hair.  The guy is smiling and looking at something in his hands.  A yellow something.  The Pikachu I just gave away.  He pats the head of the sobbing kid I gave the toy to and looks up at me.  He is still smiling.

            As I stare on in horror, his dreamy smile changes to a look of surprise.  He suddenly turns and starts frantically patting the shoulder of a blonde guy next to him.  I can see his lips moving but I don’t know what he’s saying.  As the blonde guy turns around, I notice he looks exactly like the other guy.  TWINS.  The blonde dude smiles at the place where his brother was, now realizing his twin has run off without him.  Then he turns to look at me with a surprised look and gets ready to run.  Now the action starts.

            “JERKS!!!”  I shout as I run after them.  The dudes have left the store already as I pass the cashier where they threw some money.  As I rush out the door, I look to the left and see that the dudes have a half a block head start on me.  I’m not a good runner but still I try to catch the coothas (excuse me for my language).  Long legs, don’t fail me now!  “Wait, thieves!!  Wait!!” I scream.  The blonde guy looks over his shoulder and yells something unintelligent.  “FINDERS KEEPERS, LOSERS CRIERS!!”  What? I think.  Just then, his brother yells, “Hyung!!  It’s ‘Losers weepers’ not ‘Losers criers’!!  You weirdo!”

            Hah~, I think, brownish hair dude, we have the same thoughts.  I’m already out of breath so I stop running and with my hands on my knees, try to catch my breath.  “Jerks,” I yell out of breathe and shake my fist in the air.  “I will get you!”  After that, I almost pass out but I slap myself to remind me that I am NOT going to faint in public (I am too weak T^T).

            As I sit down on a random step in front of a random apartment building, I remind myself to take deep breathes in case my anger has clouded my actions.  How the heck will I ever catch those BEEPS???  I don’t even know who they are or where they go to school.  Suddenly, a light bulb shines in my head as I think DING! .  Oppa.  Yoseob oppa.  An evil smile starts to tickle my lips but I stop myself.  No need to get those coothas beat to pulp, I think while shaking my head.

Why am I such a considerate person?

 

*    *    *    *    *

            Pikachu, oh Pikachu.  Where art thou adorable thing?, still bounces around in my head as I walk on the paths in Central Park.  I feel upset that I don’t have my Pikachu but at least it wasn’t robbed from me after I paid for it.  Never again will I help a kid who looks innocent.  Why?  Because that’s just it.  They just look innocent but are pure evil.  I have a lot of experience in that category.  Why do kids always trick me?  What did I do to them?, I think as I keep on walking, kicking a stone just for the heck of it.

 


Hello amar chingus!!

Here is the new chapter (yes it has the Jo Twins in it ^^)

How is this chapter?  Is it good?  Is it bad?

I feel like this chapter wasn't that good  -.-'

 

Please comment and subscribe!!

I barely have any comments or subscribers and now I feel unwanted  T^T

To those who have commented and subscribed, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

You peeps have made a day AWESOME!!!

 

Also, Question For The Day:

What is your favorite color?  

If it's blue, comment "woOhoO!  air five through the internet!!" with whatever else you want to say!

Thank You in ADVANCE  ^o^!!!