Making Friends and... Frenemies? o_O

Someday~

I wanna start off saying this:

The italic words like this are thoughts from the person.

If you're wondering who's thought belongs to whose, just reread the chapter.  I'm sure you'll be able to find who thinks what.  :)

Enjoy!

~*~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*

When Jonghyun bumped into someone in front of him, he fell to the floor.  Since he held Minjoo's hand, she fell with him, her body falling on top of his.  Their faces were so close to each other that they could smell each other's breathe.

Mmm....she smells like chocolate mint.  n___n  Then again that's what I saw her eat from her schoolbag.

Mmm~ he smells like fresh brown sugar macchiato~ .......yeah, I've tried that before.  Tastes good~ then again that's what I saw him drink right before we left the apartment.

Meanwhile, for the past minute, the person they bumped into glared at them.  "YAH, I SAID, WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!  AREN'T YOU GOING TO APOLOGIZE?!"  he yelled at them.

Both Jonghyun & Minjoo flinched at the shriek from the person who is blocking their way.  Minjoo got up and faced the guy while Jonghyun reluctantly got up on his own, dusting off the imaginary dust off his pants.  As soon as he looked up, he and the guy widened their eyes in unison, making eye contact with each other.

The guy scanned Jonghyun from head to toe.  "J-Jjong?!"  he stuttered out.

"Key..." Jonghyun started to speak and stepped forward to the guy presumably 'Key', but 'Key' backed off immediately.

"W-What are you d-doing here?"  Key continued to stutter.

Jonghyun pointed to Minjoo, who at the moment looked confused yet worried about being late to class when the bell rang.  "I'm her host, so she's staying at my place for the time being until she graduates."  he replied.  He then cleared his throat.  "Key, I - "

Key interrupted him with a hand in front of his face in a diva manner.  "Just....leave...please....I'm sure this is the girl's first time at this school, so just quickly show her to her class and go."

Jonghyun looked upset and was about to speak once more, but Key ran off to the other side of the building, leaving a confused Minjoo behind.

"Jonghyun, what the hell was that all about?"  she blurted out as she continued to watch Key's figure disappear in front of her as he turned to a corner.

The young man sighed and held Minjoo's hand.  "I'll tell you later in the school garden during break, now hurry!  There's a 5 minute waiting right after the first bell!  3 minutes already passed by~ good thing I know where your classes are!"  he explained and pulled Minjoo to the hallway.

 

 

 

"You mean to tell me you know this guy, too?!"  Minjoo exclaimed as she looked up at her supposed 'Advanced Drama' teacher's assistant.

"Yeah, Minho-ah, meet Choi Minjoo.  Minjoo, meet Choi Minho."  Jonghyun quickly introduced the student and his friend to each other and immediately pulled Minjoo back, seating her next to Minho.  Jonghyun sat on Minjoo's other side and began to talk to the other students behind him.

Confused, Minjoo looked to her right and stared at Minho, who seemed to be staring back right at her.

"You look like a small female version of me, except you have Onew hyung's eyes.  Are you Chinese?"  were the first words that came out of his mouth for the day.

"And you look like a tall male version of me, except you're really athletic-looking and have big eyes like an alien.  No, I'm Filipino-American."  were what Minjoo said back to him.

Minho nodded and smiled.  "Cool."  He's not a man of many words, huh?

Minjoo mirrored his smile and looked around the classroom.  Thankfully, no one seemed to notice she was new or that she wore a male uniform when she's a girl.  Not that she minds what people think, though.  But she also noticed that the teacher's not in the classroom.

"Minho, where's the teacher?"  she asked.  Minho shrugged in reply.  "I'm betting he has errands to do.  He always does in the mornings.  That's why I come here to assist when he's not around.  It's part of my credits to pass college.  I'm in my 2nd year majoring film."  he explained.

She looked confused at the moment.  "So shouldn't you be teaching right now?"

The teacher's assistant chuckled in reply.  "I was about to, but since you're new, I'll let it slide.  You're supposed to make a small intro if you're new in front of the classroom, but whatever."

Minjoo smiled at him and thanked him.  Suddenly she remembered the incident earlier.  Since Minho here is Jonghyun's friend, I can ask him about this 'Key' guy, right?  It's itching my brain already!

"Hey, Minho?"  The latter chuckled at her informalities.  Oh well, let's just leave it be until it becomes a problem for her, which I doubt it will.  :)  "What do you know about a guy name Key?"

Minho smiled.  "Key, as in Kim Kibum?  Yeah, he's my best friend.  We go to the same college together with our other friend, Onew hyung."  Minjoo nodded.

"Well, what do you know about this Key guy and Jonghyun?"  she asked as she pointed next to her.  Jonghyun was too busy to notice the conversation as he started talking about computer games with the other students behind him.

Minho looked contemplative upon wanting to answer.  Should I... or shouldn't I?  ...ah, screw it.  I'll say it.

"Erm, Minjoo-yah, Key is Jonghyun's ex-boyfriend.  They used to date when they came to school together here before."

Minjoo could only blink.  What...?