Oppa

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gathered on set, the uniform-clad Soojung and BTOB faced the camera as filming was about to start. The set was a small classroom complete with a whiteboard in front. “Wow, they’re taking this seriously” Changsub commented with a smile as they all positioned themselves on a seat.

“Urk! This doesn’t feel all too good” Soojung, who was seated on the center, front most seat, mumbled “And to think I just got out a boring, BORING lecture today” she facepalmed herself, causing laughter among the BTOB members. Peniel, who was seated on her left, ruffled her hair up. “Aish! Peniel, don’t!” she whined, swatting his hand away “the stylist unni-deul will kill me!”

The PD giggled behind the camera, gaining attention “Well, anyway, you probably already know that our filming today is school-centered, given the uniforms you’re all wearing, right?”. “Yes!” everyone answered. “Alright, then! Let’s get to it!” she smiled and signalled all staff to be on standby. “And we’ve recording in 3, 2 …” the camera director announced and just gestured the ‘1’. The camera lights lit up in red and everyone behind cam went silent. “Hello, Everyone!” BTOB greeted immediately to the camera, instantly lightening up the mood from the start. Soojung was a bit surprised at the fast reflexes but soon relaxed and joined in.

“Actually, we don’t know what we’re gonna do today” Ilhoon admitted, sheepishly scratching the back of his head “We’re not gonna have a full-force school theme today, are we? That’s not gonna be fun!”. Soojung giggled “I wonder what’s in store for us then”

At that moment, a man and a woman entered the set. They looked like they were in their late twenties and were brightly smiling at BTOB and Soojung “Hello!” the greeted. BTOB and Soojung stood up to bow and greet the professional-looking pair.

The lady was the first to speak “Hello, my name is Lee Haneul” she smiled brightly. “and I’m Lee Hyunjae” introduced the man “We are both psychologists currently studying relationship trends and patterns among teenagers”. “Ooooh!” BTOB and Soojung reacted then applauded them.

Without further ado, they began filming the ‘lecture scene’ where Dr. Hyunjae and Haneul told them about different behavioural patterns displayed by teenage boys and girls when it comes to dealing with love and relationships.

“Ooo! Is that true, Doctor?” Sungjae raised his hand “Girls really tend to go for guys older than them?” he asked as he let his eyes trail toward Soojung’s back. Dr. Haneul smiled “Most girls, yes. It is brought by the examples of Fathers or older brothers, you see. Given the normal circumstances, a girl’s first love would always, ALWAYS be her father or oppa. They are the first and closest men in her life, after all. Therefore, the tendency is, she would want a guy who’s like her father or oppa: older, dependable and protective like them.” she explained. Sungjae pouted.

“The same goes for guys and mothers in some cases too” Dr. Hyunjae added. Soojung nodded “I see. That explains a lot” she giggled. “Soojunggie, what are YOUR preferences then?” Changsub asked, feeling a bit devious “Do you prefer a guy who’s older? the same age? or younger? Hmmm?”

For some reason, that question got EVERYONE’S attention. The cameras panned and zoomed in on her, the doctors blinked at her and so did the staff while the BTOB members stared at her in anticipation.

 

 

 

 

“E-errr … whoa” she suddenly became self-conscious. She eyed the BTOB members one by one. The last one she locked stares with was Minhyuk who looked away a few seconds after. That helped her snap out of her thoughts and realized something “Uwaaa! Changsub-sshi! Isn’t that a trick question?!” she snapped. Changsub chuckled loudly “Caught.”

“There’s no way I’m answering that question!” Soojung exclaimed, sounding scandalized “In BTOB, there are older guys …” she gestured to Eunkwang, Minhyuk, Hyunshik and Changsub  “a same-age guy …” she glanced at Peniel who returned a handsome smirk “and two younger guys!” she looked at Sungjae and Ilhoon “Don’t make me cause unnecessary misunderstandings! No way I’m answering that!”

“Was worth a try” Changsub shrugged then giggled again.

“Alright, let’s proceed then!” Dr. Hyunjae smiled “In relationship to that just now, there are also differences when it comes not just to age preferences but personality and even appearance. It’s sad and wrong, but it’s a fact …” the lecture continued.

 

 

 

“Ahhh by the way …” Dr. Haneul spoke as their lecture session as coming to an end “Miss Soojung”. “Yes?” the girl looked at her. “You said before that there were guys here that were older than you, right?”. “A-ah … y-yes”

“But I haven’t heard you call them ‘oppa’ though”

Soojung flinched “Not this topic again!” she groaned “W-well I … I d-don’t think I’m in a close enough relationship with them to call them o-oppa”

“Nonsense!” Eunkwang hollered “We’ve been begging her to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter