The Good Hyung

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you like Soojung?”

 

Minhyuk froze at Peniel’s sudden (and freaking straightforward) question. His throat dried up and he started sweating despite the cold.

It was just so sudden that the BTOB visual was caught completely off guard. Well, yeah, he had already acknowledged his feelings for Soojung but he didn’t want the members to know just yet. He feared the show will become awkward if he did. Wow, Peniel really WAS observant.

“Well, hyung? Aren’t you gonna answer?” Peniel proded. Minhyuk gulped as he looked at Peniel’s face. There was no hint of joking in it, just plain seriousness. “W-what makes y-you think so, Donggeun-ah?” he managed to say.

“I’ve been observing you, hyung. It’s the only conclusion I could come to, that’s why I’m asking”

Minhyuk bit his lower lip. No way was he getting out of this without a clear answer. “You know, back in the States, when we fancy a girl, we go for her. It’s not actually ideal to keep it bottled up inside” Peniel commented “So … do you like Soojung, hyung?”

“W-why? … Do YOU like her, Peniel?” Minhyuk unintentionally threw the question back at him. “Yeah, I do” Peniel answered flatly, making the older BTOB member flinch.

“H-he likes her?!”

 

“But I have no intentions of making everything all awkward during the show so I won’t tell everyone yet. I’m telling YOU now because I think you might have the same feelings for her so … yeah. Now answer my question, I know you’re stalling”

 

- Minhyuk -

“Yeah, I do”

I didn’t think that such simple and confidently-spoken words would shake me like this. He likes her. Peniel likes Soojung! I thought it was just my imagination before …

 I was horrified. I was frightened. I didn’t even know why.

I love Soojung but … I love my members too and I vowed since the beginning NEVER to make anything hard for them. I promised to be the good hyung. I promised not to be someone to hold them back from ANYTHING. Being the visual of the group, I know that they feel some resentment towards me since I get a lot of attention and sometimes overshadow them. Even if they don’t say it, I know. That’s why I thought I’d do my best to be the good hyung for them.

 

 

I didn’t think that that would require me to choose between the girl I love and a dongsaeng that I love.

 

I clenched my fists, trying not to show my face to Peniel.

“N-no, Peniel …”

“Huh?”

 

 

 

 

“I-I … “ I bit my lower lip. This was seriously crushing me.

 

 

“I don’t have feelings for Soojung” I finally said after summoning every bit of courage from inside “I-I don’t like her so you don’t have to worry about me”

Peniel’s face lit up “Really, hyung?”. “Y-yeah” Minhyuk looked down. “Uwaaaa!! You are seriously THE BEST hyung ever!! Thank you!! I’m so glad!” Peniel jumped up and down, smiling cheerfully.

After a while, Peniel finally calmed down “Let’s go back now, hyung?”

“A-ah … You go on ahead … I’ll stay for a little bit more” Minhyuk mumbled, not showing his face.

“Alright … Don’t take too long. Thanks again, hyung!” and with that, Peniel skipped back toward Soojung’s apartment.

When Peniel was out of sight, Minhyuk finally broke down.

 

 

He leaned on the cold wall and let his body slide down. All his energy was suddenly drained from him and the tears were pouring out from his eyes. “Darn it, Lee Minhyuk! Why are you crying?” he sobbed to himself.

He felt his heart being gouged out from his chest. It hurt. It seriously hurt.

He and Soojung weren’t in any kind of relationship, that was true. But then why did it hurt like this? Why did such a simple senten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter