Study time

One of the Guys

 

The day put a big smile on my face. I had fun hanging out with Zico, Ukwon, and Bbomb. At first, I was worried about how Kyung’s date will turn out but as the day progressed I’ve forgotten all about it. To rejoice, I decided to tell all about it to Kyung with a bit of hope he’ll tell me how his was.

I arrived home at around 6 pm. I took my shoes off and flopped myself into the sofa exhausted. But before I could forget what happened today, I dialed Kyung’s number.

“Hello? Maki?” he said, surprised to hear me.

“Kyung! Why do you sound surprise to hear me?” I raised an eyebrow though he can’t see it.

“Nothing, I just didn’t expect you to call me. Anyway, is there a reason that you’re calling me?”

“Are you already done with your date?”

“Yeah, I just got home.”

“Ohh ok, so I’m not disturbing you then. Anyway, it’s not really important; I just want to share that today was really fun! Too bad you couldn’t come with us.”

“Ohh really? What did you guys do? I know that you went to the movies; what did you watch?”

“We watched the new romance comedy movie (again). It was hilarious! You should’ve seen how Ukwon laughed! I didn’t expect him to laugh really hard with Zico!” I laughed. We watched the movie again though I never would’ve thought that Ukwon would pick it to watch. Just like how the people reacted when I saw it the first time, they burst out laughing when it’s finished. And by ‘they’, I meant Ukwon and Zico. Bbomb would smile, smirk, and roll his eyes throughout the movie, but other than that he didn’t laugh at all. Even though we watched it the second time, it was still funny.

“That’s what we watched as well! And man SuRin couldn’t stop talking about it,” he said. My eye twitched a little when I remember how they were very close at that time.

“Really? That’s great! She must’ve really enjoyed it! Did you know how nice Ukwon is? He paid for my ticket (for I already used up my money for the first ticket and the cake). Isn’t he nice?” I boasted.

“Ohh! Did you know that SuRin is sweet? She fed me when were watching the movie and she stayed really close to me,” he bragged.

“Oh yeah? That’s sweet! After the movies, we went to the mall where there was a dance contest. Ukwon and I partnered up! It was embarrassing at first but I danced like usual. We didn’t win though,” I said grinning.

“That’s too bad! You could’ve won if I was there!” he laughed. “So when we left the café, we went back to the park and relaxed there since the weather was really nice. We talked and who knew she’s really down to earth.” I could them together sitting together with his arm around her shoulder being all snuggly. I crunched my nose at the picture.

“Isn’t that great! And did you know that Ukwon is such a gentleman, we were watching other dancers and it was crowded. He looked after from keeping squished, though I didn’t really mind the crowd and I could’ve managed it by myself.”

“Wow! Isn’t he nice! I would’ve done the same too you know,” I could tell that he was smiling through the phone. Then he continued, “Did you know…” The whole conversation went on and on showing off how Ukwon and SuRin were a great company.

“Oh yeah? Did you know how cute she is when she blushes?”

“Really? Did you know how charming he is when he smiles?”

“Just like mine right!” we both started laughing. “Just where did our conversation go,” he said between laughs.

“Haha! I don’t know,” I said still laughing. Once we both settled down I said, “Anyway, it seems like that you enjoyed your day with her. I’m glad. She’s really nice so treat her well or else!” I said. Even though I didn’t want to say it, I really meant it. She’s a pleasant person and I want her to be happy with him even though I feel a slight pang of envy that he will devote most of his time with her. I don’t dislike her, I just need to get used to the fact that they’re together now.

“Yes, I will,” he chuckled. I smiled.

“Well have a good night! See you in school!

“You too! Sweet dreams! Bye!” we hanged up. I ate dinner, washed up, and went to bed.

-          - - -

Kyung POV

“Yes, I will,” I chuckled. I could feel that Maki was smiling when I said that. I knew that she really wanted me to be together with SuRin. However when I saw her today I saw a little bit of jealousy when I was with SuRin, A little bit of relief went through my mind at that time, it means that she that there’s a bit in her that thinks about me; though it could be because my attention was towards another girl than with my best friend that she’s jealous or something else.

“Well have a good night! See you in school!” she said.

“You too! Sweet dreams! Bye!” we hanged up. But before I forget, I dialed Zico’s number.

“Zico?”

“Yo Kyung! What’s up?”

“Nothing much! By the way, did Maki know that I already know that you guys were following us?” I grinned.

“No she didn’t. Well, I was telling her and then you came so she didn’t really mind me. Yo! Isn’t that bad for you to be playing with SuRin this morning?”

“Hmm? I wasn’t playing her. Well, at first I did just to show Maki, she knows that I was just pretending because I told her that we were being followed so she played along. But after awhile I started to like her company. She’s really nice to be with,” I said remembering the time when we went to the park.

“So, what now? Are you really moving on from Maki?” he asked.

“I guess so. I don’t want to get my hopes high anymore. She already admitted that she likes Ukwon. You heard that.” I heard him sighed.

“Yeah. But you saw her today right? And man was she crazy when we were following you. There were times that I saw her smiling at you guys but there were also times were she wanted to throw something. Haha! Ohh man, really that girl,” we both chuckled.

“Yeah I was happy! But it could also mean that her best friend won’t have as much time together like before,” I explained.

“Hmm. Yeah, I guess so. But still..”

“I still care for her but I can’t wait for her forever and ignore the one who cares for me.” he sighed again.

“I guess you’re right,” he said. “Man I should get myself a girl, you guys are driving me crazy!” he said trying to lighten up the mood. We both laughed. “Well, ok then if that’s what you want!”

“Yeah!.. Well, I’ll see you in school!”

“See you!.. Ah Kyung wait! By the way…”

-           - - -

Maki

Next day

“..Maki-chan~!” I grunted at the person shouting. I looked over the clock on the wall, turned to my side and put a pillow over my head. It was 10 o’ clock in the morning. “Wake up!" he shook my shoulders.

“What?” I said annoyed, waking me up from my sleep.

“You’ve got company!” I took the pillow off and looked at the grinning person.

“L, what are you talking about? I’m not expecting one ‘til 10:30 or maybe even later.”

“Well, you have TWO right now,” he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

I got off the bed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, got dressed, didn’t bother to fix my hair, and went downstairs where two people were waiting for me.

“Good morning Maki!” my eyes widened at them.

“Good morning.. Ukwon?” I scratched my head in confusion. It was Ukwon and Bbomb.

“You forgot that we’re coming over today?” he chuckled. I slapped my forehead.

“Of course,” Bbomb smirked.

Yesterday, as we were all heading home, we talked about how exams are nearing again. I reluctantly asked Zico if he could tutor me. He said yes as it would be good chance for him to mock me again. Of course, I offered Ukwon if he wanted to come over as well and study together with us and that Bbomb could come along. I didn’t tell Kyung because I thought it would only be me and Zico because I was not expecting them to come; I didn’t want to embarrass myself like before and no distractions.

“I-I didn’t know you would take my offer and literally come over or that it would be today,” I said. “How did you guys even find where I live?” I continued still surprised by the sudden visit.

“Zico told us,” he smiled. “Where is he anyway?”

“He’s not here yet. You guys are early.”

“..Oh.” I chuckled.

“Anyway, did you guys eat breakfast yet?”

“Yes, we did,” he smiled.

“Ok! Just sit for a bit and I’ll bring in some snacks and drinks,” I said and headed to the kitchen to find out that there was nothing to eat and drink, except for leftovers and water. Umma left a note saying ‘overtime at the restaurant. there are still leftovers from last night’. I decided to run to the store real quick to buy something to eat. I went back the living room where the two guys were. L was chatting with them.

“I’ll just buy something to eat and drink. I’ll be back in a bit. L could keep you company,” I said.

“Oh I’ll come with you,” Ukwon offered.

“No, it’s ok!” I smiled and ran to store. It took me about five minutes to get there. I grabbed some snacks and juices, paid them, and ran back home but walked halfway. Overall, it took me about 15 minutes more or less. When I opened the door, I furrowed my eyebrows for the three more pairs of shoes that surprised me. I’m not sure who, but they’re really early.

I closed the door behind and heard someone said, “She’s back!” By the sound of it, it must be Zico who said that. I stood there for a bit trying to identify the other voices.

“What are you doing?” the smiling person surprised me. I raised an eyebrow.

“Kyung?” I said shocked.

“Ya! That’s bad you know, not inviting me when we even talked last night,” he frowned.

“Sorry, I thought it’ll only be just me and Zico, you know less audience of him mocking me,” I sighed. He chuckled.

“So it’s really true that you two are dating,” he grinned. We both laughed. He helped me carry the food to the kitchen. As we passed the living room, I saw the owner of the third pair of shoes, it was SuRin. A smile appeared in my face. He saw me smiling at her and said, “Maki whatever you’re thinking don’t do it!”

“What? Calm down, I’m just smiling I won’t do anything,” I chuckled. It was true that I wasn’t planning anything, I was just happy to see her. I took out a tray to put the food and glasses for the drink. We brought it out to the living room where the people were busy talking.

“I’m back!” I beamed.

“The foods are here!” L said.

“Finally,” Bbomb said. I made a face at both of them for they cared more about the food than me being back.

“Hi Maki!” Ukwon and SuRin beamed together. I smiled at them.

“Yo! Ready to study?” Zico grinned.

“Let’s chat for a bit before studying,” I said trying to change the subject before diving to studying. I put the tray down the coffee table. I sat down the floor like everybody else beside L, who was sitting beside Zico, who was sitting Bbomb, who was sitting beside Ukwon, who was sitting beside SuRin, and Kyung sat beside her. We chat for a bit talking about yesterday and all kinds of stuff.

“Maki, want to come over my house again? I have something to show,” SuRin said giddily.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It’s a secret,” she winked.

“Yeah, come Maki. I’m coming as well. We can go together,” Ukwon grinned.

“Eh~ what’s this? Ukwon knows and I don’t?” I frowned. She giggled.

“Just come whenever fits you. I invited everyone,” she smiled.

“Is this payback for yesterday?” I said and quickly put my hands over my mouth. Zico slapped my back and laughed. Both Kyung and L grinned.

“Always have to meddle huh?” Bbomb said.

“Huh? Just come!” she said.

“Yeah!” Ukwon beamed.

“Ok,” I smiled nervously.

We continued chatting for a couple more minutes. After that, we went ahead to studying. I was in the kitchen alone with my tutor while the rest were at the living room. Of course, nothing had change; I was still struggling understanding the material, Zico still ridicules every solution I made, and sometimes laughter erupted from the living room. Ukwon offered to help me but I turned him down because I wouldn’t be able to focus more when he’ll be teaching really close to me.

Nothing special happened that day except that everyone got a bit closer. Once a while everyone would make fun of everyone’s weak subject but would help each other out.

Hours have passed and it was time for everyone to go home.

“Maki thanks for inviting us!” Ukwon smiled. Bbomb didn’t say anything but he waved his hand.

“Yeah, thank you Maki! I got to know everyone here,” she beamed. Then she moved closer and whispered, “And another day together with Kyung!” she giggled. I smiled at her.

“Yo Maki, just ask anytime if you ever need tutoring again,” Zico grinned and put his hand on my shoulder. I sighed because he knows I would definitely ask for his help again.

“Ya Maki! Don’t leave me out again next time!” Kyung frowned and then smiled. I smiled apologetically.

Everyone said their goodbyes and waved at each other. L and I went back in. He couldn’t help but say, “Maki-chan, did you even learn anything today? I saw you several times peeking at the living room from the kitchen,” he chuckled. “Zico filled me in about what happened yesterday when he arrived while you ran to the store. Is it really Ukwon or maybe someone else?” he smiled slyly.

“What are you talking about? I’m just jealous since everyone’s in the living room while I was stuck alone with Zico in the kitchen.”

“Yeah yeah sure,” he said. It was long day, but I only learned half of the material Zico tutored me. There were many thoughts going through my mind; Ukwon coming over, Kyung and SuRin together and of course, my wonderful teacher torturing me. “You know Maki-chan, you need to make up your mind!” he said. I just furrowed my eyebrows in response since I didn’t much energy to argue. I started to head to the kitchen.

L laughed. “I think I know what you’re thinking right now.”

“Food,” we both said in unison.

 


I'm sorry for this  short and slow chapter everyone!

I'm having a mental block. I can't think of anything to write >.<;

I just finished writing my midterm exams and final exams are approaching fast..