Surprise

One of the Guys

 

“You know what? It wasn't bad. I think I'm gonna pass the tests,” I said.

“Yeah right! When I glanced at you a few times, your face was all crunched up and you were writing your answers hesitantly,” L scoffed. 

“Oh who am I kidding. I'm glad it's over!” I said with a sigh of relief.

We just finished our exams today and I'm happy that it's done. I'm tired of all those days sitting for hours trying to focus studying. I'm beat with the late night studies forcing all the information in. Time to take a breather, that's why we were on our way to SuRin's house, to just hang out. 

“Come on now! Let's not dwell on it anymore. It's over now! It's time to party!” SuRin beamed from Kyung's side.

“Yeah! Besides, if anyone passes, it's all because of me,” Zico grinned peeking at me beside L. “Though I doubt that a certain person will pass the test.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, it looks like I’m not the only one,” I nodded to the person who has been staring blankly the street ahead. “Look at him, it looks like the exam took all of Kyung’s being,” I teased. He has been like that ever since the exam ended. Well, it was pretty tough. It was either the exam or something else. He was occupied with his thoughts that he didn’t seem to have heard why I said so I gave him a slap on the back. That snapped him back to surface.

“Huh? Wha?” I laughed a little.

“Welcome back to earth!” I moved to his side and put an arm on his shoulder but withdrew it when I saw SuRin looking at me and then turned away. Oh right, can’t be too close now. I put my arm to my side. Kyung noticed the sudden withdrawal of my arm. Then understood why and a little bit disappointed.

“Ha? What are you talking about?” he said trying to break the awkwardness.

“You’re sulking because you think you didn’t do well on the exam, am I right? Am I right?” I said elbowing his side. “Don’t worry you’re alone there buddy,” I beamed at him.

"As I said before, don't place him the same as you, Maki-chan," L said.

“Haha yeah don’t place me the same as you!" Kyung laughed. "Anyway, Ukwon and Bbomb are not coming with us?”

“Oh yeah, they can’t come because they something to do. By the way, it was Ukwon who was excited to come over to SuRin’s house.” I was a little sad that they couldn't come with us. I was hoping they could join us since the exams kept us all busy. I was relieved of Bbomb's mocking but I kind of missed it. I stayed back and turned to SuRin. “So.. SuRin what was the surprise?” I smiled giddily looking at the bright side. I’ve been curious as to what she wanted to show us ever since she teased us about it a week ago.

Instead of replying, she gave me a big giddy wide smile back. Now, I really want to know what it is.

 

-          - - -

 

We made it in front of SuRin’s house.

“It’s here!” SuRin yelled excitedly.

“Huh? Where is it?” I looked around. She giggled, inserted the key to the doorknob, and turned it open. I anticipated nervously as to what it would be. A few seconds later, I heard a muffled bark growing louder and louder. A puppy burst out of the door. A light brown Shar Pei.

“Ah!” Zico, Kyung, L, and I said in unison.

“Isn’t he cute? His name is Ryou. We took him in from a shelter 3 days after I told you guys about it,” SuRin said. She was really happy talking about Ryou. We talked a little bit about the puppy, how her parents wanted her to have company whenever they’re not around, and maybe as a bodyguard when he grew up. She let us in and we sat on the floor on the living room. I sat between L and Zico.

“Uhm SuRin, I don’t want to be impolite but you did say we could make ourselves feel at home right?”

“You’re hungry, am I right?” SuRin giggled. “Ok I’ll be back with the snacks!” She went to the kitchen to prepare the snacks.

“What’s wrong with you!” L said.

“What?” I said acting innocently.

“Well that’s how she is. That’s never gonna change,” Zico sighed.

“Ya!” I yelled. Kyung laughed.

“It’s a trait that can make misunderstandings, but also a trait that is honest and straightforward,” Kyung said.

“What he said! Besides, a long day after exam, I deserve a food break.” The word 'food' made Ryou perked up and started wagging his tail. “See! Even Ryou agrees with me!” I said his back. He turned his back on me and walked over to his bowl of dog treat at the corner and the bag of dog treat. “Ooh food!”

“Whatever you’re thinking, don’t!” Kyung warned me.

“What? I’m just looking at it.. andmaybehaveapiece,” I mumbled. I took a piece from the bag and ate it. “Hmm. It’s not bad.”

“What do you mean it’s not bad? You don’t know but the next thing that can happen is you throwing up all over the place,” L said in disgust. I rolled my eyes at him.

“You just can’t let it go, can you? As long as it’s food,” Zico said.

“Maki you don’t know, but it could be poisonous!” Kyung said nervously.

“Don’t worry! I’m fine! My stomach has survived a lot of food.” I took two more pieces and ate it before SuRin came back with a tray of snacks.

"Here you go!" SuRin smiled. She laid it down the coffee table and sat down beside Kyung. I looked away. Trying to take my mind to think of something else I called out to Ryou. Surprisingly, he behaved immediately and laid down beside me.

“Aww!” He was adorable and it melts my heart to just be close to him. He was soft and warm that I could hug the cuteness out of him.

“So you finally showing your soft side!” Zico grinned. I crunched my nose at him.

“Well...” Before I could finish what I’m about to say my stomach was acting up. Uh-oh. “I think I need to go to the bathroom..”

“Oh, it’s through the kitchen and make a right. Why? Is something wrong?” SuRin asked concerned.

"See! We told you not to eat it!" L exclaimed.

“No, I’m fine. It’s just that..” I stood up. I was occupied by the sudden ache in my stomach that I forgot that Ryou was beside. 'Yo be careful!' someone shouted. I felt his hair touched my foot beofre I could completely step on him. I stepped back quickly not noticing that L’s foot was on the way. I stepped on it and started to lose my balance. I tried to step back again and turned but Ryou was still there. I lost my balance and stumbled down.

I was expecting the hardwood floor to hit my face but someone caught me. My eyes widened at the situation. He caught me my arms but that wasn’t all that he caught. He had my lips onto his lips. My head started spinning. What? what? what? Huh?

“What in the world is happening?” L said in shock. SuRin’s mouth made a big O shape. Kyung and Zico couldn’t speak at what was happening. Ryou was hiding under the table realizing that I almost squashed him. Seconds later, my mind settled and I quickly withdrew from the position. However, my stomach wasn’t cooperating. I rushed to the bathroom.

“What did just happen?” Kyung said in disbelief.

Everyone already knew what just happened but L still said out loud what was in everyone’s mind. “Maki and Zico just... kissed.”

 

 


A little something after the exams :)

I'm sorry it's too short and emotionless :S

I'm trying my best >.<

I hope you like it!