I don't think I can last a day with you.

My Stupid English Teacher is a Chinese

 

“Oh, you were calling me? Ommo, I’m sorry.  I did not notice.” You sarcastically said and made a face.

“I called you. Five times to be exact.” He said as he lifted five fingers in your face.

“Oh, I did not hear.” You reasoned.

“I even called you, ‘hey, that girl wearing make-up like a clown!’.” He said and smirked.

Your eyebrows meet at the ends again and he laughed.

“We have to talk.” He repeats for the second time now and you felt like laughing. He was like a talking machine.

“Oh, what for? I don’t entertain suitors right now. I’m too busy.” You fired and he laughs his out instead. You look at him like he’s some kind of retard.

“Do I look like I’m joking?” You gaped at him and he immediately composed himself. Here we go with the poker face again.

“Do I look like a stupid person to you?” He asked you intently and Chanyeol snorted. Ajhussi’s eyes suddenly darted towards him.

“Let’s go, Chanyeol. This guy is not even sane to talk with.” You said and pulled Chanyeol with you.

 

You were so mad you wanted to throw a table at his face. Or maybe feed him to hungry lions. That’ll serve him right. Chanyeol was right, he was so breezy, and he even looks like he was born without a heart.

“It’s about you and your grades!” He shouted behind your back and you stopped walking.

You knew you were good with all the subjects though you looked like you were slacking off. You hated math though, you were too bad at numbers. You can’t even solve for x properly. Why was he even mentioning your grades to you all of sudden? He wasn’t your math teacher so why would he even meddle with some other people’s businesses? But he said it was YOU and your grades. So meaning, it was your behaviour toward your grades. Wait, what was he trying to say to you?

“Why did you stop?” Chanyeol asked, puzzled.

You did not answer, you were thinking about what ajhussi said. What was wrong with your grades? Oh my, dad will kill me.

“It’s not about math. It’s about my subject.” He continued on, as if he knew what you meant.

You were pretty good at his subject. But you failed at least, 2 times? Maybe this is bait. Hey wait, it was one activity and one quiz. But still, that made a difference. Dad will surely kill me.

“Hey?” Chanyeol waved a hand on your face and you finally fall back into reality.

“What?” You asked him, shaking your head from the thought.

“Aren’t we gonna go yet?” He asked.

 

“We have to talk.” Ajhussi repeated, now even louder. This man was too persuasive. God help that guy.

“Go ahead, Chanyeol. I’ll talk to that retard first.” You said and Chanyeol’s face suddenly became worried.

“Don’t worry. You know I can defend myself.” You assured him.

“Call me if something goes wrong.” He said before walking away.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. He’s a sissy, he won’t hurt me.” You said and patted his shoulder.

“You owe me food.” He joked.

You rolled your eyes and answered, “Whatever. Go now, I’ll be fine. Okay?”

You pushed him farther and he smiled, “See you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, see you.” You said and bade him goodbye.

 

You turned back to ajhussi who was still waiting for you.

“What about my grades?” You asked him as you raised an eyebrow.

“Finally, I thought you wouldn’t talk to me.” He said and walked towards you.

You laughed and he watched you closely.

“Really, I’m serious about this.” He said as he reached you.

“Sorry, I don’t take life seriously.” You mocked him and continued to laugh.

He looked into your eyes and for the first time, you noticed his sincerity and concern. You shut your mouth and waited for what he was going to say next.

“Follow me.” He said but you were hesitant at first. was very common these days. Well, not like he’d you or something. But you’ll never know.

 

You followed him as he made his way to the bench near the water fountain. Your eyes were on his back and you imagined poking him with needles. You giggled and he stopped walking.

You composed yourself while he cleared his throat. He looked at you in a very sympathetic face and told you,

 

 

“We’ve got to help each other.”