The First Day

Brace Face

"Alright Young Hae, your all done." The dentist announced. I sat up and he started to talk again.

"You'll be having troubles speaking for the next 2 weeks or so. I recomend practicing by reading out loud. And also, you won't be able to eat hard foods so stick with soft foods like mash potatoes." I nodded.

"Also it will be a bit uncomfortable the first week, but you'll get used to it."

I smiled.

"Shank you shir." I covered my mouth. Oh my god! Did I just speak like that?!?!?

The dentist let out a small giggle.

"Have a nice day Young Hae." and I walked out the doors. 

So here I was, walking home, stuck with braces for the next three years.Thank god i'll only have the expander for 5 months though. But now I think I'm going to be laughed at by everyone. 

-Later That Day-

 Me and my family had just finished eating dinner but I didn't eat at all. It was even hard to drink water, but I got it eventually after and hour. I went up to my room  and threw my self on my bed, laying on my back. I looked up to my ceiling. 

"I can't do this." I sighed. 

"Well maybe it wont be so bad. Might as well practice speaking by reading something out loud." I thought to myself.

I walked up to my computer desk and pulled out my notebook of song lyrics. I opened it to a random page and the song "Good Day" By IU showed up. Alright. Lets try this.......

"Why ish che shky sho much more blue? Why ish the breeshe sho perfect today?"

Damn it!!!! I can't say words with S's in them! 

All of a sudden I heard a knock on my bedroom door. 

"Young Hae! Go to bed! You have school tomorrow!!" My mom said.

"Arraso!"

I turned off the lights and on walked to my bed. I got inside and put the covers over me. I looked up to the ceiling. 

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

 -The Next Day-

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. 

It was 6:30 in the morning and I had to get ready for school.

I went down to the kitchen and had a glass of milk and a grilled cheese sandwich. When I was done, I went back upstairs to the washroom and brushed my teeth, put on my school uniform, did my hair and makeup, and grabbed a small lunch to bring to school and left my house.

I got to the bus station and waited alone. 

That's strange. It feels a bit empty around here today. 

About two minutes later, a boy about my age stood next to me waiting for the bus. He looked very attractive. He had brown hair and by looking at his uniform I think he goes to the same school as me.

"Exscuse me?" The boy tapped my shoulder.

Oh my god!!! Is he actually talking to me?? But if i try to talk to him he might think Im weird.

I turned around.

"Are you possibly in the same school as me?" The boy asked. 

Damn it. I have to speak, but I can't!

"Uhhhh...." I looked at his uniform. I nodded.

He smiled.

"I'm new to the school and I was wondering if a pretty little lady like you would be able to show me around." My heart fluttered.

"Shur, That shounds great." 

!! Why did I speak!!!!

I looked at the boy once more and his face turned from flirty to "WHAT THE " 

"Oh, ummm. Actually never mind. Your probably busy with other stuff anyway." The boy smiled.

The bus finally arrived and we both got on. I sat all the way at the back and he stayed his distance avoiding awkward moments which probably was a good idea.

"I'm such a PABO!" I thought to myself. I wonder how bad it's going to be once I get to school. 

I got off of the bus and stood in front of the school.

here we go!

i walked through the school doors and and saw my friend miku standing there. I waved.

"Hey michu!!" Oh I forgot about the lisp I had.

she turned around and looked at me discusted and walk the other direction. Why isn't she walking this way?

"yaa!!"

she still kept walking. Is she trying to avoid me? 

I walked to my locker to get my stuff. Well maybe I'll try to talk to her during class. I walked to class and sat in my seat at the very back. Then I saw miku walk in the class.

"hey michu!" She looked at me again and went to sit at the front.

Everone looked at me with a dead silence and all of a sudden everyone started to laugh. I knew this was bound to happen. They still kept laughing and I felt a tear slide down me cheek. I ran out of the class and out to the school balcony. I didn't care if I missed class, I just wanted to hide myself from embarrassment.

No one ever goes to the school balcony. I guess they have better places to go to. I leaned against the balcony fence and covered my face with my hands hiding my tears. 

The day just started and it already feels like a living hell. 

I stood there all alone. Crying. 

A few seconds later I felt a hand go on my shoulder. I turned around. A boy with blond hair and brown eyes stood there He was very cute but I know if I started to talk he would leave.

"Are you ok?"

i shook my head. "No" 

"why are you crying?" I looked up.

"I can't chalk."

"yes you can. Your talking to me right now." I let out a little giggle. My eyes were all red from all the crying but he seemed different. I'm surprised he hasn't left yet.

"just ignore everyone. They don't know a good thing when they see it." The boy said. Did he just say that??? I smiled. He pulled out his hand.

"my names Kibum but just call me key." 

I shook his hand.

"My name ish Young Hae."