Chapter 5

Happy Together

 

The crossed arms fell to the child’s sides and crossed at the back as the child began to stare at the floor and shuffle his feet, he looked up through his eyelashes and asked meekly, “Does Appa love Chullie?”

Inside Kangin wanted to scream and break things thanks to the epitome of aegyo standing in front of him, but then he remembered that Heechul was not only a friend, his band mate, his hyung, but more importantly, his child.

“O-Of course, princess.  What’s wrong?” Kangin forced a smile on his face and tried to ask as sweetly as possible. His ‘little princess’ looked up at him with bright eyes and a wide smile and reached for Kangin’s somewhat free hand, “Good, now come follow me Appa, I have something to show you!” he squealed trying to drag Kangin and the rest of his brood to the clothing section.

 

 

Kangin looked up at the store sign and sighed for the umpteenth time. “Heechul… are you SURE what you want is in there?” he asked the excited five year old who was excited already rummaging through the lower racks for the garment he had his eye on; the girlish boy looked up with bright eyes and nodded cutely, “Uh huh Appa!”” and proceeded in looking for whatever he was looking for.

Kangin, dragging in the rest of the kids into the girly boutique, had only one thing in mind ‘Sungmin will definitely not leave this place.’

All he could see was pink; pink shelves, pink ribbons, pink hangers, at the sight of the whole shop he could see Siwon’s little ‘shibrows’ shoot up at the girliness of everything.

Kangin, with Kyuhyun, Kibum, Siwon and Shindong in tow headed for the couch area to wait for Heechul to finally pick something; that was until he saw Hankyung  running as fast as his little legs could carry him. “Ch-chullie’s done…” he said breathlessly.

Kangin raised his eyebrows in question of his child’s obvious exhaustion. “Uh, okay. Hannie, why don’t you sit down with your brothers and rest first? I’ll go check on Heechul.”

He looked around the store for his eldest, only to be approached by one of the sales ladies. “Sir, would you happen to be the father of a pretty little girl with milky skin would you? I believe she introduced herself as Heechul…” the saleslady smiled at Kangin, as if congratulating him for having such a beautiful child, ignoring the sparkling gaze of the saleslady, he asked, “Uhh yeah, where is h- err, she?” the saleslady gave him one last bright smile as he was then ushered into the dressing room where he can see a group of salesladies and mothers crowding around this one stall, which he knew contained his ‘little princess’.

Failing to get passed the cluster, he called out “Chullie, Appa’s here!”

Like the Red Sea, the crowd parted into two, allowing the one and only Kim Heechul to make his way to Kangin.

 

Once the child was in front of him, Heechul then asked, “Well Appa?  Does Chullie look pretty?” all the while batting his eyelashes and eliciting coos of adoration from the crowd.

It was only then Kangin actually looked at what his eldest was wearing, it wasa casual dress with a white collared top with puff sleeves, a red ribbon in the middle and a brown plaid skirt that stopped right above the child’s knees. Accompanied by the white lacy socks and shiny black Mary-Jane shoes the salesladies gave him, the child was simply adorable.

He looked up to Heechul who was looking at him expectantly, he sighed in defeat, he heard Leeteuk telling Heechul to stay away from dresses. “You look wonderful sweet heart, Appa will buy it for you since you like it so much.”

He was contemplating how to worm his way out of this one when suddenly the idea hit him, literally in the form of a cuddling Cinderella shrieking out the words, “Ooh THANK YOU APPA~! I love you~!” over and over again. After purchasing the bloody expensive dress, Kangin paid for the whole outfit, and with Heechul on his back and Kyuhyun in his arms, Kangin ushered his mini army out of the store to look for the other half of his family.