Chapter 1

Happy Together

 

It seemed to be a normal day for Heechul, his alarm clock rang and he opened one sleepy eye to check the time. It was still early, he liked being early. He was about to get up when he realized he couldn’t. There was this incredibly heavy weight on his chest, ‘Is this what they meant by gawi?’ he thought to himself, remembering the Mystery 6 days when Donghae was being “haunted” by one; it was then when he realized that it was already morning and that people are haunted in the middle of the night. Keeping his eyes scrunched closed; he went up to feel what exactly was on his chest only to feel fur. He once again popped an eye open and saw his cat, Heebum. ‘What the hell? He seems bigger. Hmm, must have grown again. Up we go to the bathroom!’ he thought little of his cat’s sudden growth and pulled the animal to his chest to go to the bathroom to change. The thought ‘Oof, this kitty needs to lose weight,’ passed his mind as he carried his beloved pet to inspect his face for imperfections in front of the mirror. Upon reaching his destination, he takes a look at his full length mirror to look at his usual perfect self only to see the reflection of a five year old child in the mirror. It took him a few seconds to process that the child was in fact himself. At that very moment, similar screams and wails could be heard through the Super Junior dorm.

 

All was peaceful in Kangin’s room that was until he finds himself being snatched from dreamland to the high pitched screams and wails throughout the dorm. ‘Dammit,’ he thought ‘I can even hear them form the 11th floor! Some one’s going to pay…’ he flung his door open, fully intent on taking care of the racket, probably by terrorizing the dongsaengs into silence only to bump into an equally groggy and irritated Leeteuk. “What in the ten courts of hell is going on hyung?” Kangin asked rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. Leeteuk looked as if he wanted to collapse on the floor and sleep again, “I have no idea. I was actually just about to check; maybe Yehsung crept into one of the rooms again.” He sighed. This woke Kangin up, “but hyung…” he started, “Isn’t Yehsung on the second floor? I can hear screams coming from this floor too.” Leeteuk’s eyes widened. “I have a bad feeling about this Kangin. You check this floor while I will check the second floor.” With that being said, both of them parted ways to check on what exactly happened to the members.

 

After he and Kangin went their separate ways, Leeteuk slowly started to make his way to the second floor to check on the members’ rooms. He initially thought that Yehsung was being his usual self and freaking out the dongsaengs. Just to make sure, he went to the vocal’s room first.  “Yehsung?” He opened the door slowly, peeking in as he did. The bed was empty, but he saw a crack of light coming from the bathroom. “He must be there then, might as well check to see if he’s ready for the day.”  In the same way that he entered, Leeteuk slowly opened the bathroom door, calling out his band mate’s name only to be faced with the sight of this terrified looking five year old. “Hyung?” Leeteuk could not believe how high one of their baritone’s voice has gone. “Yes?” he slowly approached his teammate turned toddler, thinking that the former adult would be scared or confused. “Am I just dreaming that I’m five again?” Leeteuk considered telling Yehsung that it was indeed a dream and knocking him out in the process to look for a solution to bring him back but decided against it. “… No, this isn’t a dream Jong Woon…” he started slowly, giving the child time to digest it, expecting the boy to panic and throw a fit or something. What he didn’t expect was the boy’s eyes lighting up while saying “Cool! That way I can make myself grow taller!” Leeteuk sighed while taking the child’s hand to check on the other members, that’s Yehsung for you.

 

Kangin walked along the hall, wondering what in the world was happening throughout the dorm. None of the members seem to be running out of their rooms yet, so he assumed it wasn’t a grave problem. He wanted to crawl back into his comfy bed but he figured that the peace wouldn’t last long as Leader-sshi will be screaming his ear off on how Kangin didn’t respect his words and etc., and then he wouldn’t hear the end of it. So might as well get it done and over with, he thought. He went into the nearest room, which belonged none other to the resident drama queen, Kim Heechul. The moment he stepped in front of that door, he immediately felt that something was wrong, there was complete silence. The lack of the usual off-key singing and blasting j-rock music immediately set the alarms off in Kangin’s head. “Hyung!” he practically ripped the door off its hinges out of worry. When he was in the room, he could finally hear sniffles coming from under the bed. He went over and lay on his belly to check under the bed, calling out his hyung’s name. “Heechul hyung? Are you there?” “GO AWAY!!!” his band mate’s voice, aside from being extremely stuffy, had gone significantly higher, almost like a little girl’s. This change in his friend’s voice alarmed Kangin even more so he pulled the  bed cover aside to see this scared little girl, sniffling. “CHULLIE HYUNG?!” Kangin couldn’t believe his eyes, he thought this was some sick joke his band mate was playing on him. “What? Now you’ve seen me, now go away” the now mini Cinderella sniffed. “Aww, come here you,” seeing his band mate in such a state of distress tugged at his heart strings. He reached inside and pulled his former senior out from under the bed, carrying him as he did so. “So hyung, how old are you now exactly?” Heechul immediately snuggled into his chest; “Around five or six” came the muffled reply. ‘Oh boy,’ Kangin thought, ‘this is going to be a long day…’