Chapter 3

Happy Together

 

 All eyes in the room turned to Leeteuk. “This… BABY is Cho Kyuhyun?” their director asked quietly. Leeteuk, Kangin and Kyuhyun nodded. Lee Soo Man stared at the baby, confirming to see if this was actually the maknae of Super Junior. “Is he the only one like that? Where are the others?” Leeteuk and Kangin shared a look and ushered their brood into the big office. “This is Heechul, Hankyung, Yehsung, and Shindong; they’re all five years old. This is Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae, who are all four years old; and these little tots are Siwon, Kibum and Ryeowookie. You have met Kyuhyunnie, he’s two years old.” Leeteuk introduced s nervously, Lee Soo Man was just staring at his former 13 member boy band, now children, not even old enough to train under SM. “Do you expect me to allow them to perform?” he asked, silence was all he got in reply.  The director buried his head in his hands, massaging his temples as he did so, deep in thought. What must have been only a few minutes felt like hours for all of Super Junior as all the kids starting getting a bit restless, with Eunhyuk and Donghae quietly playing tag between Kangin and Leeteuk’s legs and Siwon, Kibum and Ryeowook babbling quietly on the floor. Heechul and Yehsung decided that it was a good idea to tickle Kyuhyun’s feet laughing as the baby kept squirming uncomfortably in Kangin’s arms. As Kyuhyun gave little sounds of annoyance Lee Soo Man took the opportunity to look at the scene before him – that was when it hit him; he had an idea. The corners of Mr. Lee’s mouth turned up as he looked up at the nervous Leeteuk, “I have the perfect solution for you guys.” With the kind of smile their head had, Kangin and Leeteuk knew it was going to be something outrageous.

- “I have the perfect proposition for you…” their director started, rising out of his seat and taking Kyuhyun into his arms. “With only Kangin and Leeteuk of proper age to perform, and the rest are now children, I have no choice to send all of you into hiding to protect Super Junior, and all in all SM entertainment for that matter from the press. I’m sending you all to one of my private houses in Miryang. So as not to raise suspicion, you will all disguise yourselves as a family with Leeteuk being the mother and Kangin being the father. The only words that came out of those being able to speak were “BWO??”

 

After hearing what their director just proposed, the whole of Super Junior, whether child or adult,

threw their respectful language out of the window to replace it with cries of objection and outrage. “But Lee Soo Man-sshi, why do I have to be the woman?” Leeteuk cried out, followed by Kangin’s “I have to take care of all of them??” Hankyung decided to finally speak up, “So Chairman-sshi, you’re telling us that we have to call Hyung and Kangin… Umma and Appa?” Lee Soo Man grinned while nodding in affirmation. “But what about our own ummas and appas??” Sungmin cried out. The owner of SM analyzed the situation yet again, it seems as if the members were able to retain the knowledge and memories as adults but for some reason it seems to be merging with the attitude, behavior and thinking patterns of children their age; as displayed by Sungmin just now. Upon hearing Sungmin’s outcry, Eunhyuk and Donghae began to sniffle, crying out for their parents. This seemed to trigger a negative reaction among the children, save for Kyuhyun, Heechul, Yehsung, Shindong, and Hankyung. Leeteuk and Kangin looked at each other in alarm and rushed to comfort the sobbing three year olds first. “Shh Wookie, don’t cry… I’m going to be your new umma now, okay? Stop crying now…” Leeteuk pulled up Ryeowook and started cooing and murmuring assuring nonsense to the distressed toddler. Kangin, on the other hand, had to handle Siwon and Kibum who were sniffling and crying quietly. “Hey Wonnie, Bummie, why are you crying? There’s nothing to be sad about… come here… Hyung – err, Appa will give you both piggy backs, okay?” After the sniffling, puffy eyed kids were placated, and Kangin carrying the both of them in his arms, Kangin’s eyes happened to meet with the bright eyes of the Chairman. “Deh, araso Chairman-nim, I get your point. ” Kangin sighed, seeing his director’s ‘see what I mean?’ look. Leeteuk also just realized what just happened; he looked thoughtful while bouncing a sniffling Ryeowook on his hip, “I see it too… I will agree to it under one condition,” he sighed. Lee Soo Man raised his eyebrows in question “Under no circumstances will I be calling Kangin Honey.” Their director rolled his eyes at this request. “Duly taken. Now, off to business; you will be picked up tonight so I suggest you two start packing.” “What about our members’ clothes and stuff?” Leeteuk, the symbolic and now actual mother asked.

 

“Well Teukkie hyung, I think we have enough time to do some shopping after this meeting.” Kangin replied. An eerie twinkle appeared in the chairman’s eyes, “Yes you two see to that. And don’t worry about the money, SM will be paying for their clothes.” He grinned, once again rising and ruffling each of the member’s heads. Most of the members looked dumbfounded at the caring gesture from their usually stoic boss, while Heechul just huffed in annoyance at getting his hair messed up. Instead of being stern as his usual behavior, the chairman laughed and ruffled the poor boy’s hair some more before ushering all of them out. Finally alone, Lee Soo Man went back to his seat, and sipped his tea with a smile– this was going to be very interesting.

 

After they were dismissed from the chairman’s office, Kangin and Leeteuk each let out sighs of exasperation. “I guess we’re off to the mall then…” Leeteuk let out another sigh, wishing to be able to massage his temples if it wasn’t for Eunhyuk and Donghae clinging to his hands. “While we’re at the mall, can we buy ice cream?” Shindong asked excitedly, tugging at Kangin’s pant legs for the umpteenth time. Kangin restrained the urge to strangle the child, forcing a smile out instead, “We’ll see..” he said with gritted teeth. Leeteuk couldn’t help but let out a snort at his dongsaeng’s predicament, “You really are taking the Appa role to heart.” Kangin glared at the older man, about to spit out a retort on how he should try dealing with a whiny and hungry five year old but then he realized Leeteuk is a part of this whole thing. Since he’s going to be the paternal figure in this family… an evil glint started to show in the self-proclaimed ‘Korea’s Number 1 Handsome Guy’ “Why yes I am, Teukkie hyung… Don’t you think you should start matern – I mean, internalizing the role as well?” “What are you trying to – HEY! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AM I WEARING WOMEN’S CLOTHES.” Leeteuk huffed, his cheeks puffing out in the process. Kangin rolled his eyes and pretended to agree, all the while thinking ‘Just you wait ‘til Sungmin and Ryeowook step into the mall.’ Cue Kangin internal evil laughter.