Childish Memories

You taste like chicken

 

Jinki/Raesun P.O.V
 
                 I smiled as I took another award-winning bite of this precious chicken in my hand. I don't know what will be the outcome of my life if chicken wasn't discovered to be edible. Chicken is been with me since I was very young and to repay the steadfast and faithfulness of chicken to me, I must eat it everyday. That's all I could think, my only way to return the love of it to me by eating those juicy part of its body.
 
I turned to look what's my playmate's doing. The game is loading like snail, I wonder how to upgrade this one, but I know it will be costly. The principal of my former school is being ungenerous these weeks; he kept ignoring my calls when it comes to money. Aish, it’s his own fault; he dropped me and my group here for a mission.
 
I watched as she sipped her stolen milk, Taemin would definitely kill her... Taemin is a killer??? Maknae wouldn't do such thing! Not to Rinrin, even though they fight for the last Banana Milk in the Cafeteria... and Rinrin won. I hope not.
 
Anyway, I watched her sipped her milk, she was so engrossed with it and here I am bored out of my skull. Why is it loading so long? I asked myself. Oh, it didn't answer. 
 
Rinrin looked so happy, I wonder why. She can't be happy if I'm not happy! We should feel happy together! Happy thoughts, happy food, happy chicken, happy ice cream, happy chicken, happy milk, happy chicken, happy chicken, happy chicken. I'm being sappy and self-centered again due to too much playing chicken invader.
 
I heard Rinrin laughed suddenly. Is she laughing at me?
 
Again, if I'm not happy she can't be either.
 
"Rinrin, focus! We need to be serious in this mission!" I scolded her falsely and turn my back from her and then sniggered quietly. I'm being childish again, her illness quickly corrupting me. It's so chronic. I'm a bad unnie... Oppa!
 
Oh, it's hard to be a girl especially with this...
 
1. Long hair, long-silky-straight-no-tangle-no-split-ends-no-lices-nice-smelling hair. My wig, from Jonghee's collection of wigs.
 
2. Wearing this... 
 
I shivered. Girl's clothes, my pink pajamas, I borrowed this from Gwiboon or lets say Key. I think he really enjoyed this scheme.
 
3. Soft voice.
 
I miss using my OH-so-Nice-so-Male voice for several months now but I'm getting used with this girly voice of mine. Thanks for the training I had back in my former school. It's been months already but she still didn't notice that I'm actually a boy. Maybe she's just too naive to notice it?
 
Or
 
I'm just too GOOD LOOKING for a Boy that she thought I'm really a girl?
 
Or
 
Is it because of too much eating of this 'precious chicken'?
 
 
...
 
 
 
I secretly glanced at her, she's pouting as if I took her stolen milk away, that I will do later as a punishment if we'll loss in the game again for a millionth time. 'Poor Rinrin', I pitied her but I really need to do this to her. We must finish this game. I have to defeat the Master chicken that lay golden egg bombs. There's something inside me that kept telling me to kill the bad chickens. Chickens are one of the best things here on earth if they are already cooked. You know, fried with gravy. So, the goal for the month is to defeat the Chicken! I've been doing this for almost a month now but when I'm getting near the end, Rinrin, being the clumsy girl she is, kept losing the game resulting us to constantly repeating the 100 stages.
 
So, I think that's why I'm being strict and serious to her only when we are playing.
 
I pretended to comprehend about this war between me and Rinrin versus the chickens but actually I'm watching what she's doing. She's in the middle of an inside war, brows furrowed, her gripped to the milk look tight, eyes watching the space.
 
"Mmmm" I heard her mumbled. I shifted a little so, I'm facing her, she looks really dreamy. She’s somewhat checking her milk and she let out a gasp. Again, time to scold her.
 
"Rinrin! I'm planning our attack here, be quiet" I stopped myself from rolling out of laughter at her reaction. As I continue to gaze at her, memories of quite silly and childish moments entered in my mind. Rinrin is not sweet to other people but when it comes to me, she always does. She's acting the other way around when it comes to me. I wonder why...
 
 
*Flashback*
 
 
First story: The Ball pen
 
We were already seated and were just waiting for the teacher to come. Rinrin was seated near the window and I was at her back when suddenly a girl, I forgot the name wanted to borrow her ball pen.
 
"No, I don't have any extra." Rinrin said without even looking at her classmate and continued to read her book as if nothing happen.
 
I watched the girl-with-forgotten-name glared at her and she attempted to pull Rinrin's hair but stopped herself when she saw me eyeing her gravely. She smirked at me and stomp off back to her seat at Yoongmun-sshi's left side. I furrowed my eyebrows, 'what a stupid girl doing that to my dongsaeng' and an idea struck me.
 
"Rinrin-ah, do you have an extra ball pen?" I asked her sweetly. She immediately stopped reading her book and looked back at me smiling. "Of course unnie, here"
 
She handed me 10 different ball pens. I blinked for several times.
 
'I see… no wonder why the girl-with-forgotten-name wanted to pull her hair'.
 
 
Second Story: Brightest-smile-ever Method
 
It was lunch time and the girls from Daejin High School were having a running competition towards the goal line, the Cafeteria/Food court/Snack Bar/Food House/Canteen. Each of them wanted to be the first in line to pick their lunch. Of course, Rinrin and I were the first ones. Fried Chicken back on those days was rank #1 in the food list and the girls wanted to get the finest part. Those girls including the two of us... only Rinrin because I'm a guy that is wearing a wig, wanted the drumstick and the part, so we had started the competition, the fastest runner after the lunch bell rang will get the chicken part that they want.
 
After the 40 meters sprint. We were already seated around the table together with her 4 friends, Rinhyo-sshi, Hyegun-sshi, Soochan-sshi and Yoongmun-sshi. My friends who are under the cover of a girl also were having the time of their life talking, mostly eating. Rinrin bought a bucket of Fried Chicken for the two of us and we are not SHARING.
 
Just kidding.
 
She bought 2 buckets of fried chicken, 1 bucket for the two of us and the other one is also for the two of us.
 
'Oh I love her! She really spoiled me with chicken!' Love because of chicken, only because of chicken, nothing else.
 
...
 
The 4 real girls and the 4 wanna-be girls' eyes widened when the 2 buckets of 45-Days Fried Chicken or 45DFC were delivered in our table.
 
Jonghyun or better known as Jonghee in Daejin dropped his jaw, Hyegun-sshi saw his reaction and immediately closed his mouth. Key as Gwiboon stopped brushing Soochan's hair and stared at the bucket, Soochan did the same. Minho a.k.a Minjung gulped and elbowed Yoongmun-sshi that was sitting next to him. Taemin/Taeyeon was choking his milk out when he saw the 45DFC, Rinhyo-sshi kept patting his back affectionately.
 
Do these girls know that these faked-haired girls are actually boys?' I thought after watching their reaction towards the dead animal. I rather not think about it for if they will know that, it will cause a very BIG mess in our case.
 
After passing the choking-test, Taemin opened his mouth to say something but Jonghyun interrupted him. "Raesun-unnie, are those for the 10 of us?" He asked hopefully.
 
"Yeah, those chickens look rather tasty" Hyegun added. I was about to answer a big 'NO', when suddenly Taemin choked again. 'The effect of too much Banana Milk... choking'
 
"Mmmm" Minho started to hum. And the rest did the same.
 
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
 
All eyes were on our table. But we simply ignored them because we're in the middle of the heated chicken scenario. Rinrin and I shared a glance. I sighed.I know that look; it means we'll give them 1 45DFC.
 
"Fine girls! Rinrin and I decided to give each one of you a piece of OUR delicious chicken" I stated and muttering from the girls/boys could be heard. All of them excluding me and Rinrin cheered out of joy.
 
After 20 minutes.
 
...
 
No, 10 minutes.
 
I have eaten more or less 10 pieces of chicken and still, my cute abs wanted more. Rinrin was sipping her stolen-milk and Taemin was having a hard time stopping himself from hitting her so as a result Taemin was still hungry. He was about to get the last drumstick but Rinrin took it and held it upwards.
 
All eyes are now on the last drumstick that according to the legend told by the janitor that was walking passed us a moment ago was the most delicious chicken of all. All of us gulped and started to water our mouths. The 4 real girls and also the 4 fake ones who only got 1 chicken shot Rinrin a look of pleading.
 
Rinrin smirked and held the LAST drumstick.
 
"Rinrin-ah, give that to me! You stole my Milk, remember?" Taeyeon/Taemin stated.
 
"Rinrin-dongsaeng, I'm your unnie, give that to me" Hyegun-sshi uttered.
 
"We are all her unnie, Hyegun, so that's not an excuse" Key/Gwiboon said and turned to Rinrin. "Rinrin-agiya, I'm your umma, right? Please give that to your starving umma" Key continued. Rinrin smiled mischievously. She really enjoyed this pleading show that she's having with.
 
Now, it's Soochan's turn to plead. "Ehh? Don't listen to your umma, Rinrin, I'm your appa and appa is still hungry, give that to appa, will you?". Rinrin shook her head and was about to take a bite when Yoongmun suddenly shouted.
 
"Unnie!!! I still didn't take my turn, hear my voice out!!!" Hyegun glared at her. "Mianhe..." she muttered. "Okay, what's your petition?" Rinrin challenged her. "I'm your only dongsaeng here, so, as a good unnie you must hand me that Chicken"
 
"Ahh? Don't listen to the Maknae, give that to me and I..." Rinrin suddenly look interested. "You will what Jonghee-unnie?"
 
"I..." Jonghyung/Jonghee thought for a moment. We waited for the Ice Age to come and still Jonghyun has nothing to bargain about so, Minho took the chance. "Rinrin-ah, I will let you borrow this!" Minho pointed to the pussycat on his head. Rinrin silence for a moment, she's really fond of Minho's pussycat. "Hmm... that's... pretty nice if you'll give me that and not just letting me borrow it"
 
She's really naughty. Minho gritted his teeth and shook his head. Rinhyo-sshi narrowed her orbs and shot Rinrin her puppy-dog eyes. "Haha, that won't work unnie" Rinrin said. Rinhyo pouted and glanced at Taemin who's about to cry.
 
'Good job Rinrin, that's my girl, don't let them tame you'
 
We waited for this naughty girl's decision. Who will be the luckiest girl/boy that will taste the awesome-1-in-a-million chicken? I my lips. Wait a minute! I still didn't say anything to get the chicken from her. I have to get that! But how? 'Hmmm'
 
Rinrin smiled mischievously and the victory was very visible on her face. The tactics that they used never work for her but there's still a girl... I mean a boy left with his hidden tactic to get what he wants, the chicken. She opened and the LAST chicken was about to touch her lips when an idea popped in my brilliant mind. Time for the brightest-smile-ever-method, they didn't used it, right? All they did was plead. Plead. Plead and plead.
 
They were mere centimeters space left between her lips and the chicken when I touched her wrist and held it. She stopped and looked at me questioningly. I flashed my brightest-smile-ever.
 
She froze.
 
'Is it too much?'
 
"Raesun-unnie, what did you do to her?" Jonghyun interrupted my scheme and with that Rinrin came back to earth after her vacation from another planet. I ignored Jonghyun and continue to smile sweetly at her.
 
And she froze again.
 
'Am I doing it right, she looked dreamy?'
 
The atmosphere became awkward for a few moments and still, she was in her vacation to another planet. Minho/Minjung coughed falsely cutting Rinrin's frizzing mode. She blinked for several times and stuttered.
 
"U---nnie, wa--what is it?"
 
'Oh, this is too much for her to handle, but I have to do this for the chicken's sake'
 
I smiled again. "Rinrin-ah, could you please give me that chicken?" I asked hopefully giving my best smile. She gulped and stared at the chicken then to me, then back to the chicken then to me.
 
"Please yeobo"
 
We were waiting for her decision; Taemin stopped his self from crying and watched the commotion, Jonghyun kept shaking his head, Key and the rest held their breaths. 'I'm begging you! Hand me that chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed inside my head.
 
"I... I'm already full unnie..." she started shyly."This is for you" and she handed me the LAST chicken.
 
'I did it! Brightest-smile-ever Method really works!'
 
...
 
Was it because of the method?
 
I shrugged and hugged her. "Thanks Rinrin". I let go of her and eat the chicken without second thought, the janitor was right, this is the best chicken ever! Rinrin was staring at the table blankly. And the rest of the gang was screaming like there's a fire going on especially Taemin who couldn't stop his self from crying. "That's it?!" Jonghyun screamed. "Pleading won't work but a simple smile took away everything?" Key added.
 
"How can you do that Raesun?" Minjung asked. "You milk-snatcher!!!" Taemin sobbed.
 
"Bad dongsaeng!!!" Hyegun scolded her. "Bad unnie!!!" Yoongmun spread her arms and yelled.
 
"What kind of daughter are you Rinrin, letting your appa starve?" Soochan said disapprovingly. "You made Taeyeon cry!!!" Rinhyo muttered. I laughed at their childish actions but still Rinrin was stoned. I looked at the chicken and back at her, then the chicken then to her.
 
I sighed. "Rinrin-ah, that's okay... here" I offered her the half eaten chicken. But still she didn't move an inch. 'What's with this girl?'
 
"Rinrin…" Still stoned. "Rinrin!" I called her a little louder. Still stoned.
 
'Uh-oh'
 
"Rinrin to earth! Rinrin to earth! Come back to Earth, calling Park Rinrin to Earth" Still no signal. I sighed and patted her head.
 
 
*Flashback ends*
 
 
A smile slowly crept on my face because of that memory and my thoughts went back to the princess on my hand.
 
'What will I do if you're not discovered, huh? My precious?' I asked my dead-cooked animal, MINE ALONE but if Rinrin wants some then I won't give her... well... maybe a bite or two... BUT then again if she'll beg then I'll give her a whole drumstick, IF she'll beg first.
 
"Unnie, can I have some of YOUR over delicious chicken?” she asked sweetly. 'Unnie? Its oppa Rinrin-ah'
 
I nodded and went back to stare at the T.V
 
...
 
'What did I do?'
 
I slapped my face mentally. She needs to beg first Jinki!!! Arrrgghhh! Give back the chicken!!! Anyway, it's too late. I checked if the game is already finishing loading.
 
99%
 
 
Yes!!!
 
 
I took another bite and my lips, I'm satisfied.
 
 
End of Onew/Raesun's P.O.V
 
 
-Edited Chicken.