Chapter 45

I'll Be Yours

 

CHAERAE P.O.V.

 

“You all realize that you are not allowed to date according to the contracts, right?” Minjoo oennie looked tired and so did EXO’s manager.  Our managers regarded us all closely and we nodded in unison. They sighed and looked at each other before looking back at us. All of EXO and Pearl were included in this discussion.

 

“Alright. We will arrange a meeting with the Chairman. Don’t expect this to be taken lightly at all.” EXO’s manager looked directly at Chanyeol and Baekhyun as he spoke, making sure the boys knew that he was absolutely serious.

 

“This is a serious matter and you all should realize that this has all of your careers at stake. Even if you guys are very popular, you do realize that every one of you is replaceable. Even us, as your managers, are replaceable.” Minjoo spoke again and directed her words to Jueun and I. Allany and Sehun had been silent through the whole thing. We had not mentioned them, since they are the youngest ones. We wanted to protect them as much as possible. Even if it was an innocent relationship between the two of them, we did not want to put them in jeopardy along with the four of us.

 

“I think they know about the repercussions, oennie. Suho and I can be there too. Don't worry." Hyorin gave everyone a smile and we nodded in agreement.

 

"Alright. We will meet with the chairman tomorrow afternoon. Be prepared for anything. Since today is your day off please think over everything carefully. We will see you tomorrow morning." With that our managers left. We all exhaled simultaneously, then laughed because of it.

 

***

 

I sat, a bit uncomfortable on the sofa in Chairman Kim YoungMin’s office. Jueun sat next to me with Hyorin next to her, while the two boys and Suho sat across from us on the second sofa. We were waiting for the Chairman to come back to his office after his last meeting. This was going to be the only free time any of us had since our schedule picked up again soon.

 

There was a knock on the door and the Chairman’s assistant appeared from the doorway. “The chairman will be here in about five minutes. Please be patient.” We all nodded and he left the room.

 

“Don’t worry, guys. I am sure he will understand the situation.” Suho gave us all a warm smile and we nodded. Just then the Chairman came through the door and we all stood to bow.

 

 “Omo… Look who we have here! Our two newest group’s’ members! Chanyeol, Suho, Baekhyun! Chaerae, Jueun, Hyorin! What is it that you all wanted to converse with me?” He brought a chair from his desk over to the space on one side of the couches. He sat down and gave us al a small smile, encouraging us to speak. I looked to Hyorin and she nodded for me to speak up.

 

“Well, Chairman, sir, we have a…uh… a situation we wanted to talk to you about.” I tried my best not to stutter and focused on what I had planned to say to him ahead of time. I bit my lip and couldn’t continue. I looked up and met Chanyeol’s eyes. He gave me a reassuring smile and I felt my lips tug upwards and mirror his smile. “See… We are, Chanyeol and I, we’ve…uh…”

 

“We are dating. We have been for a while. And we both know that it’s in violation of the contract. But we were hoping that you would understand our situation. We broke up about a year and a half ago due to certain events that came up in our lives. We were recently reunited and things just kind of worked out in a way and we are now together. We have been meaning to come to you about the situation considering that a part of our contract is that we shouldn’t date anyone for the first three years from our debut.”

 

“I see…” The Chairman looked from me to Chanyeol and back again. “And you all are here… Why?” He looked to Jueun, Baekhyun, Suho and Hyorin. Baekhyun cleared his throat and he looked to the Chairman.

 

“Jueun and I are also in a relationship. It actually just happened recently. We were hoping that since we have discussed this with you before any kind of rumors were leaked that you would approve of the relationships.” Baekhyun finished and looked at the Chairman. His lips were now pursed as he regarded Baekhyun.

 

“And are you two dating as well?” The Chairman looked to Suho and then to Hyorin. I thought I saw the both of them blush and look at each other before turning to the Chairman. They nodded together and the rest of us had to hold back in our surprise. Not once had they said anything about being in a relationship, nor had they shown any signs that they were either.

 

“Your managers… They are in the front are they not? They are aware of this? All of this?” We all nodded and he let out a sigh. We lowered our heads as we prepared for the worst to come. “We will have to go over this at a later time. For now, do not get caught in public and do not make any announcements before I tell you to. This is a serious matter and I need time to figure out what I am going to about this situation.”

 

We all nodded and left after he dismissed all of us. I wasn’t sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. I felt Chanyeol grasp my hand as we got into the van we came here in and I looked up to him. He gave me a small smile and I smiled again. “Everything will be alright, Chaerae. I am sure that everything will be okay.” I nodded as he gave my hand a squeeze and settled into the seat beside him. Baekhyun and Jueun sat behind us and he seemed to be trying to relax her as well. Suho and Hyorin sat in the front, uneasiness visible on their faces. There was tension throughout the entire room and none of us spoke as we made our way to our respective dorms. When we got to the Pearl dorm all of us got out of the van, the boys had wanted to walk us to our doors and there was no way out of it with them.

 

“Sleep well, love. Don’t worry. Drink some tea before you go to bed. I love you.” Chanyeol took a hold of both of my hands and kissed one at a time before planting a kiss on my forehead, then both of my cheeks, and finally my lips. His lips lingered there and I let out a chuckle when I noticed his pouty lips. “I don’t want to let go, but I know I have to. You will call me tomorrow morning right? You always wake me up in the mornings.” I nodded and pecked him quickly. I tried walking inside but he pulled me back into a warm hug. That night I was able to sleep despite all of the events. I dreamt of our agency holding a press conference to reveal the news of the EXO-Pearl relationships. It had turned out well, and I could only hope that this dream would come true in our reality. Many of my dreams came true these past few years. Can’t I have another dream like this come true?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again my wonderful subbies! And hello to my new subbies! You are all just so wonderful!

Woo~ I updated ahead of what I actually had planned. I decided to rewrite my ending so these last few chapters might take some more time. Please be patient! I am so happy that you have all been around here for so long and all of the comments make me so happy! ALso thank you to those who also subscribed to my second fanfiction! You guys are just amazing!

 

Until next tim, my lovelies!~~~~ Much love~~~~