Chapter 46

I'll Be Yours

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 

I don’t think I expected this at all. Could this be real? I shook my head and cleared my throat before speaking. “You… You’re saying that… you accept our relationships? It is okay for us?” A smile spread on our CEO’s face and he nodded. I looked at Chaerae and I noticed that she was entirely still. was shut tight and after a second she exhaled. Her eyes found me and we both grinned like idiots.

 

“Next week, we will make a formal announcement that your relationships have started. But controlling the press will not be an easy task at all. And the way your fans will react… well, that depends on them. If our sales falter and we cannot revive your popularity, you all may have to separate. It may even come to us trading you to another agency… It sounds harsh, but this is a business.” The CEO became very serious and we all nodded in understanding.

 

***

 

I walked, hand-in-hand with her as we neared my parents’ house. This was going to be the first time she would ever meet any of my family and she seemed on edge as we took each step closer. I chuckled and stopped walking, causing her to look at me in confusion. I pulled her into a tight hug and bent down to rest my head on her shoulder.

 

“Don’t be so nervous. My sister will love you. Trust me. Hmm?” I could feel her trembling but she nodded and I pulled away from her to see a small smile on her face. I pecked her lips and leaned my forehead against hers. She giggled and pecked me once before taking a deep breath.

 

“Are you sure? I am not Korean, after all. I know that… that it’s always preferred that you be with a Korean girl… I know we’re just dating…but…” I cut her off with another kiss, this time a bit deeper. I shook my head and pinched her cheek. She whimpered and pouted making her the most adorable thing in my world. I had made up my mind a while back about Chaerae. I would marry her, no matter what my parents would say.

 

***Flashback***

 

I frowned as I looked at the rings behind the glass. I honestly couldn’t make a decision. I straightened up and called for Baekhyun to come over to me. “Hey, which one should I get? I don’t know what to get! They all look like they will look good on her. But I don’t know which one is better.”

 

“You’re just buying her a promise ring, not an engagement ring. Or are you?” He laughed and I stayed quiet. I wanted to. I really could not see myself with anyone other than her. She was the one girl that I had come to care so much for, that I would forget about myself completely and focus solely on her. Some people told me that this was unhealthy for me, but I did not care at all. I only worried about her. I hit his arm and he looked where I directed him. “That one. It’s perfect.” He pointed to the ring I had been staring at for the past twenty minutes. I smiled and nodded. I called over the cashier and instantly, without a second thought, bought the ring.

 

***Present***

 

I smiled as I touched the box in my chest pocket of my coat. I looked down at the oblivious girl holding onto my hand and my grin grew wide. I input the code to our houses gate and pulled her inside and led her to the front door.

 

“Ch-Chanyeol… Are you sure about this?” She kept her eyes downcast and began to fidget with her hands. I put my hands over hers and gave them a squeeze before nodding.

 

“We have to tell our families about our relationship, Chaerae-ah. Before the press conference. It would be better if we told them personally. And now that my sister is home, we can. Come on. I’m right here with you.” She bit her lip and I sighed. I instantly went down on my knee and held onto her hand as I pulled out the box from my coat and held it out to her with a smile. She gasped and tried to pull her hand away from me, but my grip tightened. “I know we’ve been through a lot these past few years, Chaerae-ah. And it’s been really hard but we got through it. And I know I haven’t been the absolute best boyfriend to you, but… I love you.” I opened the box and held it up with a small smile. “This isn’t an engagement ring… But it’s a sign of my promise. That I will always be here for you. That no matter what happens, you can always come to me whenever you are uneasy or just don’t feel well. When you want to, I will always be there with you. All you have to say is that you’ll be mine as well.” I said it all in one go, not trusting my voice nor my confidence. I felt heat rush into my face and I began to hold my breath waiting for her answer.

 

“Channie… I…” She began to stutter and I Iooked up at her slowly. There were tears forming in her eyes and I became worried. I stood and leaned down to wipe her tears away. “I’ll be yours.” Her voice was faint and she spoke in English. My eyes widened and a grin spread across my face.

 

“Jinjja?” I asked, a bit out of breath, and she nodded with a smile. I instantly pulled her into my arms and swung her around in excitement. I couldn’t hold back my laughter and neither could she. It was amazing how after everything that has happened to us, that we were finally at this point. That we could be in our relationship and not have to hide. That we could finally be together with little to no problems in our way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Updated! I have been rewriting the ending, which is why this update is so late, but I hope you enjoyed it!~~~

Thank you for subscribing and commenting. This is my first AFF, so it makes me so happy to know that so many of you like it~~~

 

Until next time, my lovelies~~~~