Define Kismet 03

Define Kismet

My eager readers (:P), I am back with another short chapter. I still need to fix the grammar and tense but I'll leave it be for now. :)

Sorry for such a long time update, I've been busy with everything. Thanks for being extremely patient and for your support! Without you all, I don't think I've be updating at all. Haha. Enjoy. ^^

 

Chapter 03

Two days after returning home, he wasn’t surprise to be hit with big shocking news. There was only one reason why his parents wanted him to return home so fast.

“Wait, what are you both trying to tell me?” Byunghun asked in a shocking voice.

“It’s just that you’re getting old and your appa and I want to hold our grandson.” Mrs. Lee said with a smile plastered on her lips.

“Mom! I still have a long time to go. I’m only 29!” Byunghun said in astonishment.

“Exactly! You’re not getting any younger son. It’s not like you can find younger ladies now a days. Plus, it’s hard to find the right one if you don’t start now.” His mother reminded him again.

“Mom, I don’t think I’m going to get marry any time soon let alone find a girlfriend.” Byunghun frowned.

“Come on son, give her a try hm? If she’s not what you’re looking for, I’ll stop forcing you into these blind dates.” His mother persuaded him with her motherly voice. Byunghun had no choice but to give in.

“Alright. But if she doesn’t suit me, no more okay? I’m sure dad will agree with me.” Byunghun smiled.

“Of course.” His mother flashed a contempt smile.

*****

“Dabin ah, let’s go eat out at your favorite restaurant tonight,” Myungsoo suggested over the phone.

“Tonight? I have a lot that I need to finish…” Dabin said tapping her pointer-finger to her chin.

“You’ve been working too hard. You deserve an early night. So how about that dinner? It’ll be worth your time, I promise.” Myungsoo said in a promising voice.

“Hmm… Fine. I’ll see you there at seven?”

“Okay. I don’t mind if you show up five minutes late but thirty is definitely not acceptable.” Myungsoo .

“I know! I’ve been good with my times lately.” Dabin said with a confident voice. In truth, she had no real reason to be late to dinners except work. She didn’t have to worry about looking good to please her guests; usually they are business work related.

“Sure. I’ll see you at seven then.”

“Okay.”

Dabin went back to her work, trying to finish most of them before seven rolled around. She didn’t want to have stack of papers tomorrow when she returned. Glancing at the clock, she was surprise to see how time went by so fast when she’s so occupied with work. No wonder her family say she’s a workaholic; she can never keep track of time when she’s in a work mode.

She walked out of her office carrying her briefcase. She told her secretary to go home, wishing her a good night. Her secretary watched her walked away.

This is the first time she’s going home early,” she thought.

*****

Usually he liked to be the gentleman and be there early but today he wasn’t in the mood. First everything at work went chaotic – co-workers misplacing important documents – second he encountered some rude business people who thought he was dumb, and now he has to go meet some strange lady whom he had no interest.

He arrived ten minutes late, not worried that his date could have left. He was hoping she would have left so that he can return home to take a hot nice long shower to calm his nerves down. Unfortunately, there she was sitting, waiting patiently for him. He put on his flirt mode even though all he wanted to do was go home.

“You were sitting here all along?” Byunghun gasped.

“Why are you ten minutes late?” She asked in a sad voice.

“What do you mean? I was sitting over there all along!” Byunghun pointed to the other side of the room.

“I didn’t see you…” She tilted her head trying to recall seeing him sitting over there.

“Of course you didn’t. I’m glad I decided to come looking around to see if you were sitting over here. Phew. It would have been bad if we both left without getting to know each other, right?” Byunghun gave her his upmost smile as he took a seat across from her.

“Sure?” She didn’t sound to enthusiast about anything.

Throughout the whole conversation, Byunghun couldn’t wait to leave her. Sure she was pretty but she had no joy or sarcasm inside of her; she’s a clueless person.

“Excuse me for a second will you?” Byunghun said with a smile.

“Sure,” she said with a smile.

Byunghun quickly got up from his seat, making sure it didn’t appear like he was running away, as he went to the restroom. Technically, he just wanted to leave her but he didn’t want to be rude and tell her she was boring him to death. Half way through the room, he stopped his track when he passed a particular person. Of course he thought he was seeing but then he took a few steps back to look the person’s face again. He couldn’t recall where he’s seen her but she seemed familiar.

Forgetting his manner, he decided to take a seat across from her. He scared the life out of her as she gazed at him with raised eyes.

“Who are you? What do you think you’re doing sitting in that seat?” She said in a rude tone.

“Hello madam. What a nice way to greet someone.” Byunghun said sarcastically.

“If you don’t mind, you should get up from that chair because it belongs to someone else.” She said in an annoyed voice.

“Is that so? I’m sure the person don’t mind if I sit here and chill with you for a bit.” Byunghun smiled.

“Trust me, he minds and so do I. I don’t know who you are and I don’t like you.”

“Wow, aren’t you a little harsh? I mean, we both barely met and you’ve already hate me.” Byunghun fake a hurt expression.

“You can take your fakeness somewhere else.” She waited for Byunghun to leave but seeing how he hasn’t made any effort in the past five seconds, she decided to leave the table.

“Where are you going?” Byunghun asked as he saw her standing up from her seat.

“Since you refuse to move, I’ll move.” She didn’t even glance back or tell him to have a nice day.

“Wow, she really is a rude lady. What got into her shoes today?” Byunghun wonder.

Byunghun returned back to his blind date to find her fiddling with her makeup. Another pet peeve that he hated; girl putting their makeup at the table. Seeing Byunghun, she quickly shut her mirror shut and shoved it into her purse, flashing him a smile.

“You’re back.”

“Sorry I took so long. Business phone call,” Byunghun lies.

“It’s okay.”

They continue their dinner until eight when Byunghun finally had enough of her boring personality. He lied saying he needed to meet his boss at work. She of course believed his lies agreeing to end the night. Byunghun didn’t make any effort to ask for her number because he didn’t want to lead her on. He hopes never to encounter her in the future.

“Have a good night Ms. Eun-shi.”

“Same to you, Byunghun.”

Watching her leave, Byunghun hopped into his car, driving home with a bored expression. He was at least happy to know this will be his last blind date.

*******

“Why did you change table?” Myungsoo asked taking his seat across from her.

“There was a rude guy who sat in your seat. I told him to move but he didn’t so I decided to move. I just don’t understand guys, when a girl asks you to move, move. It doesn’t turn her on, it makes her more pissed.” Dabin said with a frown.

Myungsoo laughed, “Dabin, you’re too gullible.”

“I am not.” Dabin scrunch her nose.

“Yes you are and don’t deny it. You’re always the Gullible Dabin. That’s what makes you so awesome.” Myungsoo smile.