Define Kismet 02

Define Kismet

Weeeee another chapter! Yes I know, there's typos and grammars and I should really fix them, but what the heck, screw it. I'm not a perfectionist and if I fix it, I'll end up change the whole damn chapter. I have too many stuff piling up, waiting for me to do so I don't know when the next update will be. I guess this is what I get for being a procrastinator. (-.-) ... Whatever! Hope you enjoy the short chapter. Cheers!

 

Chapter 02

There he was, sitting in the bench looking at the lake view, a smile plastered on his lips. Dabin hesitated to approach him, raw emotions boiling inside of her. A part of her wanted to run and forget about him while the other part wanted to see him. She couldn’t blame him for what happened; after all, he wasn’t there to see.

Myungsoo turned his head in time to catch Dabin turning her back to him.

“Dabin ah,” Myungsoo called her name. Dabin slowly turn around to face him, an unreadable expression on her face. He got up from his seat, half running to where she was standing.

“Myungsoo oppa,” Dabin gave him a half a smile, her eyes twinkling from tears.

He pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back like he always did. Right there, Dabin burst into tears. It was hard to keep her tears seeing him. For the past years, she managed to keep all her tears and it finally fell upon seeing Myungsoo.

“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo spoke in a hushed soothing voice.

“Oppa… H-he left…” Dabin burst more tears just thinking about the past.

“Shh. Everything will be alright. I’m here for you now. I will never leave you. I was wrong. I’m sorry, truly sorry.” Myungsoo murmured into her ears, comforting her from her sadness she kept inside.

*****

“Are you ready to tell me what really happened?” Myungsoo asked Dabin who sat across from him in her living room. Dabin didn’t answer him right away, taking a few seconds to gather her thoughts together.

“What did you hear from him?” Dabin croaked.

“He told me the wedding was cancelled by you. I of course knew that would never be true because you loved him. I wanted to come see you right away but I couldn’t. Something was holding me back…” Myungsoo replied in a soft voice.

“You never really liked him, right?” Dabin crack a smile.

“Even though he thinks we’re best friends, I don’t like him one bit. To be honest, I hated his guts. Just because he was another rich kid doesn’t mean he can do what he wanted. I hated him even more when he broke the wedding off like that.” Myungsoo said with a small anger attach to his voice.

For a minute or two, the room was dead quiet. The only sound heard were their soft breathing.

“Oppa, you don’t need to hide the truth. I know it all already.” Dabin confessed.

“What?” Myungsoo looked at her in surprise.

“I know he already liked someone else. To be honest, I wanted to break the engagement but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I had a small hope that maybe inside his heart, he might still love me. I was foolish to believe such a thing.” Dabin chuckled. “You know, I thought for a second we were really fated to be together when he said he was serious about our marriage. I asked him about the lady and he said she was just a fling and I believed him. I honestly believed him but I guess… he was lying to me.” Dabin’s smile faded away, replacing a frown.

“Dabin ah… You kept all of this to yourself this whole entire time? Joon doesn’t know about it, right?”

Dabin shook her head, her eyes staring at her feet. Once again, tears escape from her eyes.

“I thought I would be strong enough to pass this but I’m not. Every night when I sleep, all I dream about is him and her. I t-tried to see the doctor for help but all they do is prescribed me medicine. You know I hate eating medicine. I flushed them down the toilet the moment I came home. I tried every method of mediating, relaxing my mind but nothing worked.” Dabin said in a trembled voice. “I couldn’t tell anyone about these nightmares… I didn’t want them to worry about me. I wanted to prove to them that I was back to normal, back to the time where I lived carelessly without having to worry about anything. I lied to them all…” Dabin wiped her tears. “I lied to myself…”

Myungsoo hurried to her side, pulling her to cry on his shoulder as he caressed her shoulder.

“You’re just thinking too much. I know you’ll defeat this nightmare. You’re a very strong person Dabin.” Myungsoo whispered, his right fingers forming into a fist.

Putting her to sleep, Myungsoo made sure not to close the door too loud. He hated seeing Dabin sad, especially shedding tears over a ridiculous guy who doesn’t deserve her love. As much as he wanted to find the guy again and beat the living life out of him, he held it in. Dabin needed him and he was going to stay until she’s able to pick up the pieces that were shattered years ago.

*****

“Umma, I’m going to work!” Byunghun shouted as he ran out of the house following to where his dad’s car was parked.

Barely getting a night’s rest, he already had a job waiting for him. As much as he wanted to take the day and rest, he couldn’t do so. He wasn’t really a workaholic but he didn’t like to prolong things, especially his work. The sooner he finishes his work assignments, the sooner he can relax.  

“How was your flight home, son?” His dad asked him, driving to work.

“It was long and tiring but overall, I’m glad to be home.” Byunghun smiled.

“It’s great to have you back home. Your mom can’t stop nagging me about your return. It takes a lot of effort to keep her from calling you every second of the minute.” Mr. Lee chuckled.

“I knew umma couldn’t resist. I’m glad she didn’t blow my phone with her voice messages.” Byunghun joked.

“Oh trust me, if she had the chance, she would have.”

Entering the business, he greeted everyone with a smiled while his dad kept himself composed. He was the chairman so he couldn’t greet his employees like his son. It was good practice to see his son with a happy mood hence becoming the new CEO. It’ll be great use for future reference.

“Chunji will show you what you need to know to start your work today. I have important meetings that I need to attend.” Mr. Lee excused himself from the guys.

Once Mr. Lee was gone for good, Chunji and Byunghun broke into their best-friend hugged and hand shake.

“Yah! How have you been? Why didn’t you contact me at all?” Chunji asked with his millions of questions.

“I was busy and I couldn’t contact you. How’s everyone doing?” Byunghun asked as he followed Chunji to his new office.

“Great. The guys will be thrilled to see you back. They’ve been counting day and night for your return.” Chunji chuckled.

“Me too. I can’t wait to see them. Yah, I missed Seoul so much. I was homesick for a month when I arrived there. I missed kimchee, and all the delicious food we have here.” Byunghun complained.

“I’m sure there’s Korean food in the States.” Chunji mentioned.

“Yes but they’re not good like here.” Byunghun smiled as he took a seat in the chair that will belong to him for a long time. Even his engraved name was already sitting on the table waiting for him to claim it.

*****
Dabin woke up a few hours later to find the house smelled of delicious food. She smiled knowing Myungsoo was cooking. Quietly, she sneaked up behind him, scaring him.

“Yah! Don’t sneak up like that on me again. My heart almost jumped out of my body.” Myungsoo said as he held his hand to his chest.

“That’s good. I can get a new heart instead of this junky heart of mine.” Dabin stuck her tongue at him, taking a seat on the stool.

“Trust me, you don’t want my heart.” Myungsoo said shaking his head.

“I’m sure it’s not messed up like mine.”

“Oh it’s been through hell and maybe even worse?” Myungsoo joked.

Dabin chuckled, “What are you cooking, oppa?”

“Your favorite dish.”

“Wah. I can’t wait to eat them. I missed your cooking.” Dabin said clapping her hands.

“It’s almost finish. Why don’t you go wash up?”

“Okay.” Dabin skipped happily to the bathroom to wash up. While she was washing her face, she couldn’t help but feel like a self of her sadness have left her replacing with happiness.