Define Kismet 00

Define Kismet

I know it's going to be weird reading this new story since it's actually not about high school, but her grown life. This story plot is all new to me and I'm hoping to develop the characters so that you'll get attach to it, but not too much; wouldn't want that to happen. *bleh* With no further ado, here's the new story. Cheers. ^^

 

Prologue

“What do you mean he’s gone?” Jonghyun shouted at the best man, who was standing with a frightening expression on his face.

"I tried contacting him but he wouldn't pick up..." he stammered on his words, afraid to look anyone in the eyes.

“Oh hell no! How dare he do this to my daughter! Did he not remember who I am? I am Key Almighty! Yah, I’m going to tell you right now and I want you to send this to him. You better not cut any words or replace any words; I want you to say exactly what I’m going to tell you, you understand.” Key said in a threatening voice. The best man nodded his head like an obedient child who didn’t want to be grounded.

“Tell that bastard that if I see him coming near my daughter again, I’ll kill him alive. No, if he has guts to walk around the street and if I see him, he better run for his dare life. I don’t give a if I have to go to jail because I kill him. I will not let him live a happy life while my daughter suffers.” Key said with a dark crisped voice.

“Key, isn’t that too much? You really don’t want to do that, do you?” Onew nudge him on the side, whispering low enough so only he can hear.

“Do you think I’m kidding? He ruined my daughter’s wedding that should have been glamorous! You know how much I put into this wedding?!” Key shouted.

“I know but you have to think about Dabin. Do you think she’ll want to see you go to jail because of what you’ve done? I don’t think so.”

Key gritted his teeth as he look the best man in the eyes.

“I don’t care.” Key purposely bumped the best man on purpose as he walked out, not forgetting to slam the door behind him. If a bystander saw what was going inside the room, they would say a group of older man were going to kill the young man who couldn't defend himself.

“Listen to my words carefully, kid. Your best-friend have ruined the best moment of my daughter’s life and that’s not acceptable. I want you, to let your friend know that his life will never be filled with happiness as long as I’m still alive. You understand where I’m going, right?” Jonghyun said in a calmer voice.

“Yes sir,” the best man answered.

“Good. Leave before I retort some violence on you. The longer I see your face, the angrier I get.”

With that, the best man opened the door and fled, not daring to look back if someone was chasing after him. Jonghyun turn around to look at Onew and Taemin who were sitting on the same couch looking at him.

Jonghyun loudly sigh, “Have you guys found her location?”

“Not yet. We have everyone looking for her. I’m sure we’ll find her. She won’t harm herself.” Taemin answered Jonghyun’s question.

“My poor daughter… How did I not see that this was going to happen?” Jonghyun brush his bangs back with his fingers.

“All of us had been fooled. I guess we were just too excited to see what was going on during the preparation.” Onew suggested.

*******

Sitting down on their favorite bench seat, wearing a plain white t-shirt and a faded jean, she stared at nothing in particular. No tears would pour out of her eyes even if she thought it over and over. The special moment of her life was ruined, yet she couldn’t shed a single tear.

“Dabin ah,” her uncle called her gaining her attention.

“Oh Joon,” she gave him a weak smile. Her eyes showed no sadness or anger; it was like looking at a blank page.

“Are you okay? We’ve been searching for you for a while now. Your parents are worried about you.” Joon said as he sat down next to her, rubbing her shoulder.

“I forgot my phone when I left the place. It feels nice out here, don't you agree? The sun is out, air feels cool, quiet day.” Dabin said with a small smile on her lips.

“You’re right. Today’s a nice day.” Joon looked at the lake that was sitting in front of him.

‘Today is such a beautiful, perfect day yet you’re spending your time grieving’ Joon silently thought to himself as he took a glimpse at her. 'I will never forgive you for what you've done today,' Joon thought angrily to himself as he watched his niece grieve silently to herself.

“Let’s go home before my parents really do call the cops. I know appa is impatient.” Dabin stood up from her seat, walking to where Joon parked his car.

The ride home was quiet. Dabin leaned her head on the window as her pointer trace the window in circles. Once in a while Joon would take a quick glimpse at her to see how she’s doing. Growing up with her, he knew that she was a weak person inside but on the outside, she didn’t like to show how she’s really feeling because she didn’t want anyone to worry. She hated to worry people, especially her loved ones. It's a painful sight for him but he held it in, just for her.

Barely getting out of the car, she was hugged and kissed by her parents.

“I thought something bad happened to you.” Her mom said in a worried tone, her eyes filled with worries.

“Sorry umma. I forgot my phone. I didn’t mean to worry you, appa or anyone.” Dabin said as she looked around to find all her families staring at her. “I’m a little tired, do you mind if I go take a nap?” Dabin asked.

“Of course sweetie.” Dabin and her mom walked inside the house leaving everyone outside. Once the door closed, words escape from everyone’s mouth.

“Where the is that guy? I’m going to beat him until he turns into a pulp!” Heechul shouted at the top of his lungs, his fingers curled into a fist.

“Unni didn’t cry, did she?” Taeyeon asked Joon. Joon shook his head with a frown.

“Thank you for bringing her back home, Joon. Why don’t you stay until she wakes up before you leave? She might need your accompany.” Jonghyun suggested. Joon nodded his head, following Jonghyun and the kids inside.

Closing the door slowly and quietly behind her, she walked back down the stairs and into the living room to find all of them sitting there in silence.

“She’s asleep,” Sekyung announced as she took her seat next to Jonghyun.

“What are we going to do? I don’t think she shed any tears.” Taemin said in a hushed voice.

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t know what to do now… Beating him up won’t change what’s happened.” Jonghyun admit, holding Sekyung’s hand in his.

“Just leave everything to me, I’ll handle that punk.” Key said in a commanding voice.

“Me too! I want to join you uncle! No one messes with my sister. I knew that punk was fishy since the moment he took steps in this house. Now you understand why I don’t get along with him? Tch, I can’t believe you all blame me for everything when it was his fault.” Heechul puffed.

“As much as we all want to comfort her, I don’t think us all being her will do much help. Joon, you’re the closest to her besides Heechul so I’m letting you handle this. If anything comes up, don’t hesitate to call me, okay?” Minho said in a friendly tone.

“I will,” Joon gave him a quick smile.

“But I want to see my daughter before I leave!” Key demanded but was dragged out of the house by Minho and Onew. Taemin stopped for a second, staring up the stairs with a frown before leaving the house.