Only a fool

Deluders

6th August 2010
Key POV
I had brought Nicole to the same place where the accident took place. It was here that we met, where she had saved my life.
I recall it all clearly. While i was lying here at this spot, breathing to get air, i could clear see her face came closer towards me. 

Nicole POV
He brought me back to that place again. The memories of me knocking him down and seeing him lying on the ground painfully started to come back. I had to tell him the truth now, even if it destroys our relationship.

Suddenly, he went on his knees
“I could have died here painfully that night if it wasn’t for you.” He spoke, “One by one my loved ones left and one by one I lost  the reasons for me to live. The person who had knocked me down that night, even though I may not know who he or she is, I thank that person for letting me meet you. You who had came into my life, and gave me another reason to live. I love you Nicole Jung. I love you so much, I want to live the rest of my life with you. So right now, I’m asking you, will you marry me?”

I stood there. I could not move. The person that had knocked you down and took away your career from you was me. It was me. 
How could a cruel and selfish person like me, fall in love with someone like you? 

“Yes” I replied, "Yes"

He puts the ring, the same ring that I saw which was inside the red box, on my finger.
Is this ring for me? How could that be? This was the ring he bought even before i had knocked him down.
He was smiling endlessly. I hugged him tightly and then shared a kiss. As much as I wanted to tell him, I couldn’t. I love him too much, I can’t hurt him anymore.
_____________________________________________________________________________


21st August 2010

Nicole was invited to a fashion show event and had asked Key to come along.
Key rebelled, “ You didn’t argue with me about my appearance when we were dating.”

“That is because we were only dating. Now you are my husband and I am going to be a top model soon so you should dress well.”

“Seriously, I don’t like the idea of changing my style just for you but I’m only doing this because you are my wife okay?”

“TOO BAD FOR YOU!”

It was one of their lovefights again. They were newlyweds who were ready to face any challenges that comes their way. By then, Nicole had almost forgotten the past. She was too happy with how things were. There was no way she could ever tell Key the truth.
___________________________________________________________________________

Again, Jessica had to wait for Jonghyun in the pub until he finish his work. Jessica have been accompanying Jonghyun for weeks now. She don't know why Jonghyun had asked her to do so, but she do it anyways. She admired how Jonghyun served the customers too. At the same time, day by day, she become more uncomfortable at the pub as unknown men started to approach her. Luckily, she was married and she only had to show that ring to make men go away.

Meanwhile, Key had also accompanied Nicole and her friends to the pub after attending the event.

Key POV
I walked into the pub for the first time. I’ve never been here before in my entire life. Nicole and her friends seemed very comfortable here unlike me.
“Honey, join me?”
“No it’s okay. I’ll be sitting right there.”
Nicole headed towards the dance floor with the rest of the friends while I made my way to a seat in from of the counter table. As I sat there, I saw a woman who looked so familiar; that wavy long hair, her side view. She looked exactly like Jessica.

Jessica POV
A man and a group of young ladies had entered the club. The man looked too familiar; the way he walks, the way he touches and adjust his hair. Could he be Key? But maybe not. Key would not wear those clothes, neither would he be here in a club. I just kept looking at him from a far. I just wanted to see him even if he was just a look-a-like.

Key POV
I was sure that woman was Jessica. My instincts and everything tells me it was her.

Jessica  POV
He stood up and started walking towards me. Maybe it’s him..
“How have you been?” He asked.
“It’s you? I’m doing good. I saw you walking in just now. I wasn’t sure if it was you..”
“Really?” He was smiling happily, it’s been so long since I saw that smile. “I was with my wife. I’m married now. She’s somewhere there.” He points towards the dance floor. “Do you see her?”

Key POV
When I looked at Jessica, she wasn’t looking at the direction I was pointing at.
“Something bothering you? Miss my good-looking face? ” I asked jokingly.
“No! “ She giggled then she was smiling.
“Why are here anyways?”
“My husband is working here. There,” Then she pointed at a man who was serving wine to a customer.
“Do you come here often?”
She nod.
She didn’t have to tell me everything. I could sense that she have been here often, to wait for her husband.
“We are just trying to work things out, you know?”
“I know.” I gave her a smile and pat her back, “If things get difficult for you, just stay strong alright? I'll be there when you need me..”


Meanwhile, Nicole had also noticed Key was talking a lot to Jessica too. Key and Jessica decided to exchange numbers and meet up again next time to do more catching up. Then, Nicole felt more and more insecure and decided to come up to the both of them.

Nicole POV
“Hey there!”
“Oh Cole. So..Her name is Nicole,my wife. Nicole, this is Jessica, my old friend.”
“Oh hi Jessica!”
Jessica smiled so sweetly. Even I can’t deny that she looked beautiful, she looks like someone Key might have liked in the past too.
Could this ring.. be meant for her?

Key and Nicole left almost immediately and Jessica just sat there looking and waiting for the time to pass.

As Key and Nicole walked back home, Nicole asked “Why is she alone at the pub?”
Key replied “No she wasn’t alone. Her husband is one of the bartender. She was waiting for him.”
“You mean that handsome bartender?” Nicole said it so excitedly.
“Everyone is handsome to you huh!! It’s just one of those guys there..” Key rolled his eyes.
“NO!! There is only this one bartender who looks almost exactly like you…the handsome one..Really really! He is really good-looking! ” Nicole held onto Key’s arm and gave a cheeky smile.

“Why are you smiling like that! Get off me! Everybody seems handsome to you right?!”
Key jokingly pushed Nicole away and ran off.

“Noooo he really looks like you. His features and everything!” Nicole screamed while she chased Key.

____________________________________________________________________
When Jonghyun and Jessica got back, he asked.
“Was he flirting with you the whole time?”
Jonghyun had noticed Jessica was talking comfortable to a man while he was working.
“Who?”
“The man who came up to you earlier..”
“Oh that. He is my old friend. His name is Key.”

Jonghyun POV
Key? Isn’t he the one Jessica’s mum asked about during the wedding?
I waited for her to continue talking about him but the conversation ends there. Again, i questioned myself whether i knew Jessica well enough.

“He looked very rich, don’t you think? I bet he is your type of guy.”
“Stop it.” Jessica replied. She headed towards the kitchen to cook some instant ramen.
“I’m serious. Hahaha” I was laughing as i looked at her who was annoyed.
“It’s not funny Jonghyun.”
“ One day, when i become broke, you can go with him then. Only a fool would choose a poor man like me over a guy like him.”
Suddenly, she banged the cupboard, left the water boiling and stormed off into the room.

I knew i had crossed the limit. Maybe i should do this often. Get her tired and angry so that it will give more reason for her to leave me.
It's for her own good anyway.

Jessica POV
I was so mad at Jonghyun and so confused with myself too. I didn’t know why I cried so much that night either; Was it because of the hardship that I have to go through while I’m with him or because I saw Key, my first love, that night? I slept crying and crying.

___________________________________________________________________________
Key  POV
We both tucked ourselves under the blanket, about to fall asleep.
“That bartender guy…” Nicole started.
“Are you going to talk about him again?”
“Hahaha listen to me! I need to tell you this..” Nicole giggled as she snuggled towards me.
“I think I might have liked him before. The time when I was meeting you a lot.. for the appointments and all, I saw him at the pub too.”
I nod my head, brushed my finger down her hair and let her continue.
“Initially, I thought I really liked him, just looking at him. Then I realised he really looks like you and I actually, I was just imagining you there…”
Nicole stopped talking. I waited for her to continue again but she didn’t.
“So that was it?”
“Yeah. What were you expecting me to tell you?”

Nicole POV
“I don’t know.” He replied. His face seems unamused and not entertained by my story.
“Nicole, can you not go to the pub again?”
I was taken aback by that question.
“What? Why?”
“I don’t really like it there. Or going there.”
“Because?”
“It’s not a nice place.”
I pushed him away and stood up. I felt deeply insulted.

“It’s my work lifestyle. You should adapt to it. If you think i'm like the rest of the girls, drinking and partying all day, i am not! Don’t follow me there anymore..”

I stormed off angrily. I sat at the couch outside, at the living room. I was tearing up a bit.
Do i have the rights to be angry at him? The guilt again, starts coming back.He who doesn't even try to start skiing again, couldn't get a proper job due to his injury.. How long can i keep this from him? 
I expected Key to persuade me to sleep with him again but he didn't. Eventually, i dozed off too.