Fell in love with the Lifesaver

Deluders

 

Nicole POV
“Sorry..”
“Huh?”
 “I..was..late..”
“Oh it’s okay.”
He never smiled and always replied coldly. I pushed the wheelchair he was sitting on slowly. My heart was beating very fast. I didn’t know what to expect. This was the first time I felt responsible for a person’s life. Well actually, I have to.

I waited outside the room for him to complete his treatment. I didn’t know outsiders couldn’t enter the treatment room but it was a new experience sitting inside the waiting room and watching TV. At that moment in time, I felt a sense of accomplishment that I had chose to save the man. I smiled to myself. Hours had passed and I slowly dozed off.

I felt a slight touch on my shoulder and quickly turned to see Key on his crutches.
“Are you okay?”
I stood up quickly.
“Yes I’m fine.”
 Independently, he led the way. The following days, I continued to accompany Key, the subsequent day and months as well.
_____________________________________________________________________________
7th October 2009 
Key POV
It was noisy at the arcade. I wasn’t sure if Nicole liked it but all I wanted was for us to enjoy ourselves.
“Nicole, let’s play the shooting game.”
Nicole nodded and gave a sweet smile. We both took a gun and tried to shoot the furthest empty can possible, to get the best rewards.
“YEAAAAAHHH MAN!!!”
I screamed with excitement. The counter lady passed me a teddy bear immediately. Immediately I turned to look at Nicole…but she wasn’t there. I was probably too focused to the game. I looked around to search for her but still she was missing. What if someone kidnapped her? My heart was pounding faster and faster. Where did she go?

Nicole POV
The woman dragged me along with her without hesitation. I tried to reach my hands out to Key but he was too far. I tried to call his name but my voice could not be heard. I was in panic, complete shock. She had brought me to another booth, a kissing booth.

“Come on! You queue right here alright!” The woman spoke in excitement.
“Excuse me I didn’t…”

 I looked in front of me 3 woman excitedly waiting for their turn. And behind me another 5 woman was already on the line. All of us stucked in between two metal railings. I wanted to leave but there was no way out. Is this how they get their customers? Chinca?

Key POV
My knee was hurting from walking around. I felt weak. A man suddenly pulled me towards this particular booth, the kissing booth. I couldn’t move much so I just stayed in the queue. Finally, it was my turn.
I had to enter the first door that leads to another door. The only way to go out is to kiss the girl in the other door. And I had to do it before I can find Nicole again.

Nicole POV
I was growing impatient and extremely worried that Key might have left the shooting game booth. As soon as I opened the second door, I saw Key.
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”
Both of us were in disbelief.
“Kiss, kiss, kiss” The crowd watching us were chanting.

Key POV
The crowd were growing crazy as seconds started to pass. I thought it would be weird if Nicole made the first move. So, I dragged my legs towards her, painfully.
“Happy Birthday My Lifesaver” I smirked and kissed her.

Nicole POV
My heart hurts when I saw him dragging his legs. That pain must have come back again. Then, I heard him wished me happy birthday and smirked at me. Suddenly, his face moved closer towards mine. I just closed my eyes as our lips touch. He pulled away very quickly and started to make his way to the exit. I, on the other hand, was blushing wildly. I must be crazy.
_________________________________________________________________________________

20th December 2009
Nicole POV
“Key, are you going to start training again?” I asked.
“I’m quitting waterski.”
“No you can’t. You have to do it again. You’re recovering right?”
“Recovering but I can’t get back to my form. I don’t see the need to play competitively again. All my family members are gone anyway.”
Our conversation regarding him continuing waterski ended there.
As days passed, I felt more and more responsible for Key. Meanwhile, I was doing well in the Modelling Industry and I was well-supported by Key too.

31st December 2009
Key and Nicole agreed to watch the fireworks at night.

Nicole POV
Although it's been months i spend time with him, i still feel awkward around. He is a man of few words. He dresses casually and he always spikes up his hair with gel whenver he goes out with me. I like him like that, simple and cool.

"Have you ever come here before?" i asked.
"Not really." He replied, "My first time. You?"
"Same."

I looked up into the sky and started counting down.

Key POV
"Same" She said.
She was watching the sky happily while I watched her intently.
"Isn't watching fireworks, waiting for the new year, something couples do?" 

Nicole POV
The moment he asked that question, i turned to him.
The moment i turned to him, the firework started.
Then, he continued. "They usually kiss when the fireworks start too, right?"
I looked at his innocent eyes.
I have fallen in love with him. Snapshots of the first kiss we had at the kissing booth started coming back.
At that moment, my heart was beating so fast. I must be crazy. A part of me was only waiting for him to kiss me.

Key POV
"They usually kiss when the fireworks start too, right?"
That few seconds when i looked into her eyes. I just had to make sure if she feels the same.
She is the only person i rely on right now. I was very sure that i love her deeply.

Nicole POV
We were face to face. He moved closer towards me and his soft lips touched mine. I closed my eyes and he pulled back. i thought he would stop there. Then we shared a kiss, longer than the one we had at the kissing booth. When i opened my eyes again, my forehead was touching his. I looked at him, smirking again. Then he kissed my forehead. He shifted behind me and gave me a backhug. We stayed in that position while both of us looked up at the sky and continued watching the fireworks again.

15th June 2010 , 9pm
Key had waited for Nicole outside her office building.

To: Cole bby
QUICK! I’M HUNGRY!

Nicole was smiling happily as she walked out of the building.
She smiled even wider when she saw Key.
“Let’s go! I’m hungry too!”

We went to get some rice cakes and headed to a rooftop to enjoy the sight of the full moon.
“Do you know that in the mid of a month, the full moon will appear?” Nicole asked.
“You’re lying. I’ve never heard of that.”
“Hey I never lie..”
The moment I said that, it suddenly hit me. I’ve kept the truth from him for this long. Should I tell him now?
“You’re lying again.” He replied as he messed up my hair.

No, I can’t let him know now. Maybe not today.

5th August 2010
Key POV
A year have passed. It amused me how Nicole was the highlight of my life ever since grandma’s death. It all felt as if god had arranged me to meet my lifesaver in exchange for my grandma. I was definitely deeply in love with Nicole. Tomorrow, I’ll propose to her.

Nicole POV
Tomorrow marks the day I met Key. Or the day I had knocked him down. For all the times that I’ve spent with Key, the guilt never fades away. Instead, the sense of responsibility and the love I have for him keeps growing. If I let him know the truth tomorrow, he’ll definitely be hurt. He might even leave me afterwards. Would I risk it? Is it possible for me to hurt him and love him at the same time?