The Piano

Flawless Adrenaline

I let the bitter adrenaline rush through me as I moved my fingers around, lightning speed, my wrists in pain, the tips of my fingers felt like they were bleeding.  I hated the piano, but it told me I was living.  It told me I was still alive.  It told me I had to keep going.  It was pain.

I thought a little about what my manager said earlier.  “Na Li, you’re going to play the piano for Super Junior.  Apparently you’re pretty enough and talented enough to play for their concerts.”

“And they can’t just use one of their own members?”  I didn’t know too much about Super Junior, I just figured one of them had to be able to use a piano.

“Not as good as you.”  I stopped playing my piano to look at my manager square in the eyes.

“I’ll try.  Just this once.”  I stuck out my pinky for her to promise this would be a onetime only thing.  She wasn’t my manager for stupid things like this.

“I’m sure you’ll love the industry.  It’s not like you like the piano anyways.  If you need the money you can just use your face.”  She looked at me, pocketing a makeup kit out.  Opening the lens in front of me, letting me know how I looked.  Letting me know…I was different.  She shut it and continued on with the details, “Na Li, one of them will come over to pick you up later.  You’ll be practicing with him.”

“Hello?”  A man’s voice echoed through the room.  Spotlight on me, I was unable to make out his face.  I stopped my hands abruptly, letting the music feel like a simple clang of the drum from the sudden stop.  I jumped off of the platform and ran to him.  I looked at his handsome face up close, unable to make out the familiar feeling.  “It’s you!”

“Huh?  Who?”  Had I ever met such a pretty boy?  He looked at me pretty disappointed.  “Are you…from Super Junior?”  That’s probably why he looked so familiar.  I bowed immediately, as he was probably older than me, and he was now sort of a coworker.  “I’m Lee Na Li!”  I combed through my hair really quick, not allowing myself to make a bad appearance in front of such a famous ‘coworker.’

“Heechul.”  He chuckled, grabbing my arm and touching my bruise.  I let realization hit me and I smiled, pinching him for touching my bruise.

_______________________

I thought this story was boring but I looked at the views lol.

Anyway I need to get the feel of this story before I can update again since it's been so long.