Latte

That Kiss in the Rain

 

They entered the house of the mirror, Kyungsoo entered first while Chanyeol entered a while later. Kyungsoo was lost immediately the moment he went into the house, he searched for Chanyeol instead of searching for the exit. “Hyung! Chanyeol Hyung!” He calls out for the elder’s name. Chanyeol on the other hand was thinking of what Suho has told him earlier.

“…Your presence has become even thinner by now…”  No, I’m not.

“…Are you going to kill him or not? That Kyungsoo…” No way!

“…You mean nothing to him, Chanyeol…” No, he loves me!

But then he remembered one thing; Kyungsoo will forget everything about him in an instance when he vanished away. It has been the rule, when an Angel faded away, or vanishes, his presence wouldn’t even been stated in the book of Eden. He was going to be assumed as if he never existed before, ever. So does the thing he had believed until now is all a waste? Does he really wants to vanish even if the one he loved, the one he protected, the one he refused to use as the replacement of himself, doesn’t even remember him? Does he?

“Hyung! Where are you?” Kyungsoo’s voice vaguely heard by Chanyeol, breaking apart Chanyeol’s thought earlier.

“Wait, Kyungsoo-ya. Where are you?”

“I-I’m here, Hyung!” Kyungsoo shouted, his fear could be heard from his tone of voice. At the ordinary condition, Chanyeol would probably laughed out loud at Kyungsoo right now. He might even think that Kyungsoo is the cutest creature on earth it should be recorded in the ‘Believe it or Not’ book. But in this condition, due to Suho’s words, Chanyeol stares hazily from right to left, left to right.

He tried to find where is Kyungsoo, but couldn’t seem to have enough concentration to even do that rightly.

‘Should I really… vanish just like that?’ Chanyeol drowned again in his thought still limply walking, searching for Kyungsoo.

‘I could kill him easily in this house of mirror…’ Kyungsoo shouts for Chanyeol again, this could help Chanyeol a lot in finding Kyungsoo.

‘I could just use fire… and he will die…’ “Chanyeol Hyung!”

‘Then I could be back to Eden once again, right…? But, is this what I really want? Is my love for Kyungsoo this shallow?’

Chanyeol really concentrates on his own thought. If he was in a balance, he might be shifted away from one side to another. He is confused. His logic and his feels seem to be in contradictory, he is having a war with himself. Chanyeol remembers, the best way to decide on something is to close your eyes, and breath deeply, slowly. So he closed his eyes, controls his breathing, trying to figure a picture inside his complicated mind and trying to find the best solution.


~*The Past*~

 

He remembered his first encounter with Kyungsoo, approximately around 7 months ago. It was also a rainy day, a little bit warmer than today, though. It was in the start of Spring, and the weather didn’t seem nicer than today; in the end of the Summer, the start of Autumn. That day is the first day Chanyeol was being thrown by Him to the earth, he was crying and regretting everything he had done to Baekhyun. It was a simple mistake, but dreadful indeed. He was trying to make a medicine for Baekhyun who had influenza, and Chanyeol as his best friend simultaneously a trusted Medical Angel insists on having Baekhyun take his medicine.

Some mistakes are intentional while some are not. For Chanyeol’s case, it’s coincidental. Somehow he had put the wrong ingredients, and Baekhyun collapsed immediately after taking his medicine. Baekhyun was paralyzed, and there are chances he will be permanently paralyzed. His families, of course hated Chanyeol for this, and they sue Chanyeol to be thrown to the earth. And so there he is, Chanyeol being broken hearted, hated by everyone in Eden, including by himself.

It was raining, and he let himself soaked wet in the rain. He sat on the bench on the park, trying to get himself being sick so that he could forgive himself. But he couldn’t. He stared at the sky where Eden was supposed to be, the rain dripping down his face that it looks like he’s crying.

“E-excuse me, what are you doing here? You’ll be sick if you let yourself soaked wet in this Spring rain…” A boy with big round eyes came to him with an umbrella. Chanyeol was just staring hazily to the boy, he saw sincerity in the boy’s eyes, and he never knew earthlings still have someone like this.

“Well, who are you? Where do you come from? You seem to be new around here.” Chanyeol still stares hazily; he doesn’t even have the strength to answer the boy’s questions. “I’m Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo introduce himself, smiling lovingly to Chanyeol, as if the two knows each other for so long.

“I’m Park Chanyeol” Chanyeol managed to answer apathetically, no smile, no grins, and no specific tone of voice.

“Where do you stay? Should I walk you there?”

“…I don’t have a place to stay” Kyungsoo seemed shocked to hear Chanyeol’s answer that he widened his eyes.

“Well, my apartment seems too big for me and Dororo… You’ll need a place to stay for the night. I think this rain will be dripping all day long.”

So Kyungsoo guided the fragile Chanyeol to his apartment, he was worried that Chanyeol will catch a cold, even fever. And he was right, that night Chanyeol was having a fever, heavy fever to be exact. His face was all red, the temperature might have rose to 104 degree Fahrenheit. Kyungsoo treat Chanyeol for all night, watching him while the taller one is sleeping, watching him all night long. The next day, Chanyeol woke up with his fever had gone down, and Kyungsoo was there, sleeping on his own hands. He treated Chanyeol so hard until he fell asleep unconsciously. Chanyeol’s tears fell immediately, pure Angelic tears, the tears that show how the Angel have not forgave him self.

Chanyeol’s tear dripping down like there’s no end to his tears, and he was surprised to find someone’s hand wiping his tears, it’s Kyungsoo’s. “It’s okay, it’s okay.” Kyungsoo said trying to calm Chanyeol’s sobs. He pat Chanyeol’s head several times before the latter turns to him, leaning closer just to hugs the smaller one. Well that’s basically how their first encounter goes about…


 

Chanyeol couldn’t contain his smile to recall all of those memories once again, and then he realized something. Just to think about him, Chanyeol smiles, he’s content with these feelings. His heart became warm once again, he even forgets about his whole problems, his struggles earlier of his own issue. At the moment, he follows his heart to turn right in the next alley, and he found what he has looking for; Kyungsoo, simultaneously the solution of his problem.

He came to realize, it’s not about him self, and it’s all about Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is the only one who could make him behave like this. Kyungsoo is the only one who could make him loving himself once again. Kyungsoo was restraining his sobs like crazy, he sniffs and run towards Chanyeol the moment he saw the taller man.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol hushed Kyungsoo who is crying and sniffing and sobbing hard, he smiled at the younger. ‘If I have to kill him… Then go back to Eden… Nothing will be the same…’ Chanyeol thought, he slides his fingers through Kyungsoo’s black hair.

‘Even though Baekhyun and his families forgave me, I wouldn’t ever forgive myself, and I’m not sure I could found any reason to forgive myself anymore then…’ Kyungsoo sniffs doesn’t stop, Chanyeol giggles at how cute Kyungsoo could be, crying when he thought he’s going to be lost in the house of mirror.

“Now, now, let’s go out Kyungsoo.” He drags Kyungsoo out the house of mirror easily; he’s a good navigator indeed.

“Never leave me again, Hyung.” Kyungsoo pouted as he sobs.

Chanyeol couldn’t say much, as his time is coming even closer. The time they gone out from the house of mirror, it is 4 PM already. Chanyeol smiles, he tried so hard to show his best smile, but only bitter smiles shown on his face.

“Do you want to have some drinks, Kyungsoo? I’ll buy it for you. Stay here, okay?” Chanyeol let Kyungsoo sit on the bench and he goes to the drink vendor. Or at least he was about to go.

Kyungsoo grabs Chanyeol’s hand just to make sure Chanyeol doesn’t disappear. For some times earlier Chanyeol dimmed, sunrays shine through him for a moment. Kyungsoo was scared and he needs to reassure himself, that Chanyeol is not disappearing.

“Eung? Why, Kyungsoo-ya?” The younger parted his lips, he wants to say don’t go to the latter, but he was discouraged. And so he smiled strangely, his eyebrows are a bit wrinkled.

“I want Latte, Hyung”