Daddy knows best

A Thousand Years

It was hours after earlier tonight event happened, and I still couldn’t sleep.

I must say, its an impressive setting. He did made an effort to impressed me, but that won’t work much, because when he asked permission to seriously date my daughter I firmly said..

“No”

“David!”

“Daddy!”

I knew that would come, objections from Edith, my wife and Krystal, my daughter.

 “B..But sir I promise I would..”

And I knew that would come too, a desperate effort from him to convince me, but..

“I said, no”

“Jung, come on, its my son, I can guarantee you that he’s..”

Also this, since the Liu’s were there too, but I already made my mind.

“I know he’s your son Liu, and with all due respect I am glad that my daughter attracted to someone none other than one of my own friend’s son. But this is about MY daughter, and no offense, but being my friend son, is not enough to convinced me that he worth my daughter”

“Jung this is ridiculous!”

“Would you find it ridiculous if this situation happens to you Liu? Would you find it ridiculous if you are in my position? When a guy asked for your permission to officially enter your daughter’s life, would you easily said yes, just because that guy is your friend’s son? I’m sorry to say this, but no, I can’t do. I know you know this feeling Liu. Watching them walked without needing your hands to hold theirs was hard enough, moreover to watch them living their own life, without needing much of your presence in it. I just want to know your son more, before I decide. You might think this is ridiculous, that my daughter might not worth much for your son, but she means everything to me Liu, they means the world to me, my daughters Which means their happiness also meant the world, for me, and I want someone who shared the exact same vision and mission as I am on that, for my daughters. Therefore I hope you can understand why I can’t accept your son request to officially court my daughter for a more serious commitment at this time. Not because I don’t respect you, not because I blindly hate your son guts, but I am just being a father of my daughter. I am just doing my job, probably, if your son can convince me, my last task as her father, before I hand the responsibility to make her happy, to someone else”

Quite impressive speech isn’t it? I’ve been thinking about that ever since he came the other night. Of course I’ve been thinking about how to not come to the dinner earlier this night too, or what scenes I could come up with during the dinner when I couldn’t made Edith, my wife, believed me that I’m having a sudden flu attack and its highly contagious, hence I need to stay at home and I need her and Krystal to stay as well because I might need them, just to watch me or who knows I wouldn’t survived the night because of it.

But in the end, we did went, and that, happened.

 “David?” and here comes my wife..

“Yes?”

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh nothing..” I said “Just.. Sitting? Why are you awake?”

“Because I didn’t hear your snore and as strange as it may seems, it felt strange to sleep without your snore preoccupying our bedroom” that’s my wife ladies and gentleman, she loves me XD

“Oh now you know how precious my snore is woman?”

“As much as I know how much trouble you can get yourself in to if you use that cocky tone on me”

“I love you honey..” years of marriage with two daughter and soon a grandkid, still in love like it was just yesterday..

“I love you too” as she put her palm on my face, a gesture from her that could always gives me calm, only her.. “And I am proud of you..”

“Is Soojung still mad at me?” she refused to look at me ever since the dinner ends. She went straight to her room once we reached our home. No ‘goodnight daddy’ as usual. No pecks on my cheek as usual. Nothing..

“She’s not mad at you.. A little annoyed maybe, but she just need time to understand why did you do it, which she will soon, because you didn’t exactly said no as in your usual ‘hell no, stay away from my daughter or I’ll chopped off your head’ like you used to”

“I never said that!”

“Ohohoho, you did big guy, numerous time to Sooyeon’s boyfriend”

“Well because they deserve that kind of treatment” seriously, they were!

 “The point is, you showed a different reaction this time, which is good, and I am very proud of you..”

“You do?”

“Yes.. You gave chance to A.J to prove himself, to show how serious he is towards our daughter, and I like that more..”

As if I have any other option -_-

“At least I made you happy with my decision”

“Soojung too honey, she will appreciate what you did tonight whether AJ could prove his worth or not, I just hope that you really would give him a chance to show it to you, to prove himself”

About that..

“Right David?”

“Hem? Of course..” not.. muwahahaha.

“No funny business, you’ll play fair and square, right?”

“Fair and square” with a little bit trick here and there? Muwahahahaha.

“I really hope you’ll get along very well with him especially when me and Soojung went to visit Sooyeon next week”

“Oh about that, how long you’d stay there?”

“About a week or two maybe, why?”

“Oh no nothing.. I might be busy during those weeks though, I might don’t have time to meet up with him”

“David, make time”

“Fine fine.. I will try okay?  But I won’t promise..” 

“At least you’d try and please, try hard, try your best, for our Soojung..”

“Oh I will honey, I will try my very best because Daddy knows best for his little princess..”

Daddy’s knows best that that dork should be far far away from my Soojung.

There will finally come the time for me to launch my real major plan because all of my minor plans seems to be failed miserably, and when the plans worked well.. 

Tha tha A.J..

Muwahahahahahaha!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(i honestly don't know why am i here ._. anyway,new chapter,and i'm out!)