A Heart of a Son's Father

A Thousand Years

 

When I first held A.J in my arms, to be honest, I am scared. I had the same exact fears of not being able to raise my children well when I held his older sister Jackie in my arms, but the fears that I felt for both of them, has a little difference.

With Jackie, I’m afraid that whoever who will be her spouse in the future, won’t be good enough to be with her, won’t be good enough to make her feel safe, and won’t be good enough to make her happy. While we, her parents will always try to give the best of the best for her, to make her feel protected and loved.

With A.J, the fears increased a level higher, because we, as his parents, especially me, are not only afraid about his well being, but also about could he, as a man, do his responsibility, in the future as someone’s husband and also a father. And to teach him the basic knowledge of how to be a good man, then a good husband and finally a good father, lays on my two hands.

I don’t even know have I been a good man, husband and father for my wife and child so far.

And when he came to me and told me that there is this girl, he would like to make her as his wife. I lost word.

We were on a family vacation that time. In Thailand, on an island I couldn’t even pronounced properly up until now,  and we, me and A.J went fishing at the middle of the ocean for dinner, while my wife and Jackie stay on the beach preparing for anything that we will needed to make meals tonight.

“How’s your life kiddo? I can see you’ve been very busy handling all of the things in our office, should I go back in and take charge?” is how I started our conversation that day.

“No dad, its okay, I could handle it, you should enjoy your time with mom more. You said you want to spend more time with her, repaying those time where you can’t be with mom whenever she needs you?”

“If you say so son, as for now, could you give me that rod? I need to change my fishing line, your mom said she wanted a big fish or we would end up with salads only for dinner, could you imagine that? Eating salad only, in our family camping day, THE family camping day, after decades? Haish.. You mother really.. And with this old rod, I doubt we can even have some tiny little anchovy” I thought that was a good joke, and I thought I deserves to accept a good laugh as a payment.. But, all I got is a zoning out audience..

He suddenly asked me “You love her don’t you dad?”

“Who?”

“Mom?”

“What kind of question is that? Of course I do, with all of my heart and soul you know”

“Did you..”

“Did i?”

“Em.. Did you.. You know?” Which confusing me

“Did i…? No I don’t?”

“Dad..”

“Son?”

“There’s.. This girl, I’ve been seeing for some month already”

“You’ve seen a lot son, don’t lie to me, you are my son, you know what I’m trying to say here?” and I mean it, A.J is my very own mini me, physically and mentally, especially when it comes to girls..

Well, let say he’s the upgraded version of me, and I am proud of that, but still, the blue print is me. Yep.

“No dad, I mean.. The girl.. You know? Like mom?”

“You are dating a woman in her fifties?! O_O I can’t help but to feel shocked.

I thought my son just starting a new league of his own and I am definitely lost without even dare to try.

“No! Dad! For God sake no!”

“You don’t? You sure?”

“No dad! I mean, Yes! Wait.. I.. I mean, the girl, the one you think you’ll make her as your wife, you know? To make her as the mother of your child, the one you want to spend the rest of your life with!”

What was my reaction the time I realized the meaning of my son words?

Well.. Aside of “Ah..  ._. ?

Of course I am happy. He reached the second base, braved enough to make a big decision for his life, getting married, after the first base getting into a serious relationship with only one girl. But then I couldn’t help my mind but to trail back to those good old times, when we spent our father and son bonding time. Its not like I favored him more than his sister, its just that, there are times when something that a father likes, won’t be that interesting in his daughter eyes.

For example, I would like to help Jackie on her relationship matters, but she always pushed me away whenever I tried to get involve, while A.J always comes to me whenever he needs advices and he’s not hesitate to let me help him. Seriously, why can’t she let me be like A.J did? I could have sent that surfer kid to Arctic before he had a chance to break my daughter heart!

That’s why its easier for me to handle A.J than his sister. And good thing that now she found that four eyes guy with real occupation, mind setting about life, put her in a high appreciation and genuine affection also obviously knows how to use clothes properly, not a surfer kid who knows t-shirt, baggy short pants and flip flops only for any kind of occasion, or some random band player who didn’t even know how to hide his underpants, or that kid she met on summer vacation! Or else, I’ll flip the whole world I tell you! Because nobody as in NO ONE can get away from me, after they hurt my daughter’s heart! =_=

But after he got married, like her.. Of course he’ll focus more on raising his own family. Working twice or maybe thrice harder, to support his family needs. Eager to be at home soon, spend time with his wife, then kids, like I did when I just started my own marriage life.

Then I’ll be staying at home, with no daughter to teased, and no son to ganged up on teasing my wife and daughter..

But I guess, life must goes on..

And his future wife, I have to say, I am proud that he has a very good taste on girls, just like me. And a perfect one, to make her as his wife..

Just like me XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

YOSH! okay, some things to clarified, i kind of did, wrote Amber as guy here, somehow.. my random mind forgot to edit that part *facepalm* please forgive me *deep bow* but i will continue writing it this way though, however it does not mean that i do not respect her as herself, but basically this is just a story that i have in mind and somehow, randomly i want to write it here on AFF, as in why did i choose to use kryber for this story? because i can not find another suitable idol pairings in my mind besides kryber..

My biggest hope is for everyone who read this, will enjoy and like it, even though i myself aware that i am not a pro writer, bear with me please? T_T thank you *deepest bow*

And forgive me for a lots of grammatical order which i know i have a lot, trust me, typo is one of my specialty ._.