The end

The Arsonist's Addiction

 

There was one day when Kris had gotten really sick and had to stay home. It was a Friday morning after I finished delivering papers around the neighborhoods. I stayed home to take care of him. His forehead was burning with a fever and his both temperature was warm to the touch. 
 
"Kris, how are you feeling right now? Better?" I whispered as I places a cold washcloth on his forehead and lightly felt his cheeks. Kris attempted to give me a reassuring smile, but it turned into a forced smile instead. I placed my head on the bedside and fiddled with Kris's hands, examining every curve of his fingers and the lines on his palm. 
 
"Do you want anything to eat? Shall I make you congee?" I said as I lightly poked the side of Kris's stomach. I didn't get a reply do I turned my face to Kris's and saw that he had fell asleep. 
 
"Tch, yeah sure fall asleep on me." I sarcastically said as I smiled and kissed Kris's forehead. I left our room and made my way into the kitchen to make him something to eat when he wakes up. 
 
As I was in the area in the courtyard designated to be the kitchen, I had heard a knock on our gates. As I went over to the gate, I threw the kitchen over my shoulder without looking where I was aiming. I quickly ran towards the gate, finding two young girls with baskets filled with candy. 
 
"Gege, would you like to buy some candy?" the two girls said at the same time. I smiled and simply shook my head no. The little girls both smiled and prepared to turn around until one of them pointed towards the inside of the house. 
 
"Gege, the inside of your siheyuan (what the traditional Chinese houses are called) is burning."
 
I quickly turned around and saw that part of the building was already in flames. / How could I not even notice this!? / I bolted towards the room where Kris was while grabbing a fire extinguisher in the process. 
 
"KRIS!" I yelled as I quickly opened the door to the main room. Inside of the room was burning in the flames. I quickly attempted to extinguish the fire but it was just too much. I dropped the fire extinguisher and carefully made my way towards the bed. 
 
"T-Tao. Why is it burning?" Kris coughed as he sat up from the bed, attempting to stand on his two feet. I got to him in a hurry and helped him on his feet, placing his arm around my shoulder. I tried to walk out of the room but the fire was just everywhere there was no way out. 
 
"Tao, there's no way out. I don't think we will make it."  Kris coughed. I carefully placed Kris back on the bed held one of his hands. I brushed some strands away from his sticky forehead with my free hand and lightly kissed his lips. 
 
"Kris, I love you and don't you ever forget it. Even if we both die or if one of us survives in this crazy idea I have, I will always love you. Don't think I don't love you." I said as he released his hand and took one of the blankets and covered my body. I ran through the flames towards the door where I dropped the extinguisher. 
 
I threw the blanket back into the fire and quickly picked up the extinguisher on the floor. I sprayed it towards the flames like a mad man. I had managed to put out half of the flames until someone had pulled me away. It was a fireman who shoved me away from the room. Of course I was screaming and yelling, trying to get back into the room. The firemen had sprayed water inside of the room and around the house where the fire had spread. 
 
I was pushed outside of my residence, forced to wait outside. I screamed Kris's name many times, hoping that he was still alive. Once everything was calm, one of the firemen was carrying a body covered with a sheet from the bed. 
 
"I'm sorry but he--" I quickly cut the man off and threw the sheet off of the body. Kris's perfectly sculpted face was partially burnt, part of his clothes burnt off, and his arms and legs slightly covered with burns as well. I took Kris's body out of the fireman's grasp and placed Kris's body on top of my lap as I sat on the ground. 
 
"I took away your precious life. I forced you to leave everything you had. I left you alone in that room. What the hell was I thinking? You should be the one living, not me. K-Kris, please take me with you. I'm all lonely because of my careless mistake." 
 
-
 
That was the story of my life up until now in a nutshell. My harsh childhood to the death of my high school love. Of course, this was not in detail but I believe you got the idea of how unfortunate my life was. It has been exactly a year since the fire. Even though it sounds rather corny that he passed away in a fire and died by my own careless mistake, I hope he realizes that I truly did love him. And with that I end this story. 
 
-
 
"Our next story is about part of an apartment building fire. It appeared that the man who had started the fire planned some kind of suicide attempt. Firefighters on the scene said that the man could had possibly caused a domino effect, but with candles. fortunately enough though, he did not die but is in critical condition. 
Hopefully he makes it through and lives. That's all for tonight ladies and gentlemen. This is China7 news, have a good night." 
 
-
PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE SINNEDDDDDD. 
 
 
;-; it's over. Done. NADA. 
 
 
(*´・д・`) Tao and Kris bbys I still love youuuu. 
 
Editing this later on the computer
 
 
-