Background Information

The Arsonist's Addiction

 


My name is Huang Zitao. You may think that I'm a simple quiet type of guy, even though I am, but I'm not you would usually expect. I'm what you would call an "arsonist." I take pleasure in setting things on fire basically. I currently go to therapy too because I almost burned down the house almost three times in one day. 

I'll give you a little background check of my family too. My dad was messing around in a bar when he was in college and ed around a bit. Then he found out the girl he was messing around with got pregnant. They didn't know each other that close though, just classmates in a few classes. After I was born they tried to stay together, but obviously that didn't work out too well. 

My mom didn't want me, saying that I was probably going to be a burden and I was dumped into my father's hands. It's not like he wanted me either, I practically was almost set up for adoption. Years later, he met a woman who had a son around my age. They got married and I got a step brother. His name is Yixing and we are extremely close considering the fact that we aren't really related. 

I was always treated like when it came to my father. He used to beat me because I apparently ruined his life or because he came home drunk, little things mostly. I still never understood what Yixing's mother felt for my father; he was so cruel and heartless. Anyways I was always a bit jealous of Yixing though, my father never laid his hands on him. It was probably because he wasn't his biological child so he didn't have the right to. 

Whenever he beat me, I always would hide in the corner of the kitchen near the stove. I was a rather curious child I guess. I would always turn on the stove and burn a napkin from time to time. It soon progressed to wooden chopsticks and before I knew it I was making miniature models out of toothpicks and burning it. 

It was my addiction to be honest, I never did anything else. I started building the models when I was in my late grade school years. It wasn't something people would think "fun" but it did make a few people spark interest in me. 

One of them was Chen. He was a Korean exchange student until his father just decided to stay in China. Chen really liked to mess around, always having a sarcastic tone and liked to play jokes on people. He's a really cool and trustworthy friend, even though he doesn't seem like it. 

The other three friends were Wufan, he likes to go by Kris, Luhan and Xiumin. Xiumin had bun looking cheeks, Luhan looked like a doll and Wufan, he was just perfect looking. 

They all are fun types of guys I guess. They really stuck by me the most and I appreciate it. Now I know you all are probably wondering, “Oh Tao~ I want to hear about your love life and such!" 

No. I want to tell you about my sweet addiction before everything else. This is my story. 




--

Wah Wah Wah!

Boring first chapters are so boring. I made like 3 versions of this chapter and I decided that why not make the story be told through Tao's perspective? ^ ^

My bad for making this chapter super short too. Just a little preview I guess? ;D

I'm probably only going to update on like weekends cause usually I type up chapters before I go to sleep during the week so yeah. School's an now and I'm usually sleep deprived. 

Forgive me of I miss a week of updating! I'll try to update this story every week if I can. This is probably going to be a short story because long stories kind of make me a tad bit lazy....

Comment below what you think of the story so far! With AFF's new reply to comment thingy I can reply to all of you and trust me I read every single comment lol.