Nothing could have been more perfect

The Arsonist's Addiction

 

Kris and I had learned a lot about each other. I learned that Kris's biological parents passed away when he was younger and that he alternates between foster parents. He mentions that none of the foster parents he gets ever feel like actual parents. His current pair of foster parents at the time were okay. I met them once and if first impressions really did matter, then this one would conclude that the couple was rather odd. They weren't the brightest, but they certainly were not stupid. They both shared a hobby of collecting carcasses of birds of every kind. I have to admit, I was kind of creeped out.

My father would still do the same things over and over again. For three years, after Yixing gege left, everything felt the same in the house. The beatings decreased, yes, but the ual assault just got too much. It didn't happen monthly or weekly, it happened daily. In my last year of high school I knew I had to get away. I had been secretly taking up odd jobs to collect just enough pocket money to last me a while wherever I go.

I mentioned to Kris that I was going to run away and I asked if he wanted to come along. To my surprise, Kris at first did not want to go. Even though he knew about my situation at home, he said to endure it just until I get to college. His suggestion probably was the best way to go, but I just couldn't take the suffering at home. So one night in December, I slipped past the front doors of my house and I ran as far as I could. Little did I know I was running towards the direction of Kris's house.

When I arrived to his abode, my mind pondered on whether or not I should go in. My father did not know that Kris even existed so I doubt he would find me there. I slowly knocked on the door and waited, the waiting seemed like forever until someone opened the door.

"Tao, what are you doing here?" Kris said while staring at me. I slowly looked up at his face and shook my head no. I didn't want to see his broken heart when he would realize I was leaving. I backed away from his door and said in an inaudible whisper, “I love you." and ran away from him. He apparently heard what I said and dashed towards me, snaking his arms around my waist and tightening his grip around me. I could hear his heavy panting and feel his slight breaths against the skin of my neck.

"我也爱你。(I also love you)" Kris whispered into my ear, leaving butterfly kisses along the side of my cheek. I slowly wiggled out of his grip and held his shoulders, staring deep into his eyes.

"Let's run away, together. I want to escape from my father and you know that you don't really like your current fosters. We can run off to where no one will ever get in our way, which is anywhere but here." I slightly pleaded. Kris turned his head towards the side and tightly closed his eyes.

"I wish I could Tao but, I can't. How will we live if we do run away now? We didn't graduate from high school yet. Just wait until the spring, endure it just a little longer. You can sleep over my house for half of the week until then." Kris persuaded. I clenched my teeth, slowly giving into his suggestion and soon nodded. "For you." I barely whispered. Little did I know I was saving myself a lot of trouble, or so I thought.

A few months later in March, I've practically deteriorated and become the most lifeless figure. Kris was obviously worried for me and tried to help me with my current condition. I frequently stayed over his house for a few weeks, until my father just started beating me once I got home so those sleepovers discontinued.

"Kris, can we just leave this place? If you're not coming with me..... then I'm going to leave without you." I said on the brink of tears. We were on the school rooftop for lunch time. Kris stared at me and placed his arm over my shoulders and brought me closer to him. "Alright, for you, because you are my addiction." Kris said in a sweet tone. I smiled in content and brought my hands around his waist, pulling him closer.

That night, Kris and I met up at a train station not too far from our houses. I had packed my very little belongings; clothes, letters from Yixing gege, and a picture of us when we were younger. All my belongings fit into a messenger tote, so it wasn't a lot to carry. Best to carry light, right? Kris also had a messenger tote, filled with clothes and his other necessities.

We didn't know where we were going; we were just going where the train would take us. We rode the train until morning, getting off at a train station far from the outskirts of the city. We walked away from the station until we reached a different little city and tried to look for a place to stay. We eventually found a small traditional house. Although it was kind of far from the city, the price was rather cheap so we decided to rent it. Traditional houses weren't cheap now so we considered it a steal, even though we were renting it.

I ended up working as a newspaper boy, dropping newspapers at everyone's doorstep, and as a waiter at a nightclub. I only had to be the paper boy during weekdays and I worked at the nightclub only six days a week. Even though it wasn't a lot, it was enough to pay rent and which was more important than anything else. Kris worked as a bartender in the nightclub I worked at and he was also a waiter at a restaurant, only taking morning shifts. Each job he worked for six days a week as well. We both had Sundays off which was a good thing, the same day off to relax and spend time with each other.

Everything was goof extremely well for the both of us. We both were free and happy with each other. Nothing could have been more perfect.

 

-

If there is any typos or anything forgive meeee~

Even though English is "technically" my first language I at it. lol

You guys should follow my tumblr for updates and such. ; u ;

It's a side blog because it's awkward letting your followers know that you write awkward fanfictions

and bleh lol. I don't know I'm just an awkward person xD

Dumb school ruining all the fun. School district blocked AFF in school and fuuu.

I don't like this year of highscoooooooooooooooooooooool, it's so boring and so much work. lol

I'm probably going to be updating So You Say You've Changed next week

then the week after that this story, or both in the same week

I dunno, it really depends on my schedule for the week lol

-