Special Day?

Forever and Always

As she sat on the couch waiting for him, she rewind the things she had done to make this day special and praises herself for a job well done.

Early that morning, she woke up and cooked him a delicious breakfast to start the day. Few minutes after she was done setting up the breakfast table, he woke up and immediately surprise her with a kiss on her cheeks and a hug from behind. They ate breakfast which they both enjoyed. 
 
After eating breakfast, she immediately fixed his things for work. She prepared his bag packed of 2 sets of fresh clothing, a bottle of energy drink and water, his schedule for the day printed and organized in a little clearbook, some medicine such as pain relievers and vitamins and an envelope with the letter that she wrote the night before.
 
She made last minute patching up on his attire before she gave him his bag and a soft and sweet kiss on his lips.
 
"I'll be home by 8:00 p.m." He informed her flashing her a smile.
 
She nodded in reply. Before he could close the door, she reminded him not to be late and that she loves him so much. He smiled at her and responded with the sweetest 'I love you too'.
 
She cleaned the house the whole morning and after which she rushes to the nearest spa to pamper herself. After the much needed pampering, she went straight to a salon and had her hair and make-up done.
 
As soon as she arrived home, she cooked a very special dinner for more than 2 hours. She cooked their favorite meal. She prepared the table placing plates and utensils on its proper place, napkins were folded neatly as possible, flowers on the vase located at the center of the table were replaced by fresh and new white and red roses, and the scented candles were lit to add more romantic atmosphere for their dinner.
 
9:45 p.m.
 
An hour and quarter passed by and still no sign of him, not even a call or reply to her messages. 
 
"Must be overtime" She reasoned out to herself but for some unknow reason, she had a gut feel that something is wrong. Trying to be optimistic as she can be, she shook her head ignoring and rejecting her intuition.
 
She sat (uncomfortably) on their couch waiting for him patiently. She felt emptiness withouth him by her side. 
 
10:45 p.m.
 
An hour more had passed. She cannot deny the fact that she is getting uneasy and worried. She tried calling him but there was no answer. She sent him a message for the nth time asking if he was alright and what time will he go home. She waited for the reply but there was none.
 
11:45 p.m.
 
Another hour passes and still no sign of him. The foods she prepared were already cold, the scented candles that she lit few hours ago were now off and she had already fallen asleep on the couch waiting for him.
 
She immediately woke up when she heard her phone rang.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" She answered with a sleepy voice.
 
She was hoping it was him, it was his voice that she was about to hear but she was wrong.
 
"Mrs. Lee Jinri?" The person from the other line responded.
"Speaking" She immediately shot up from her slumber. Somethings wrong.
"We have your husband, Mr. Lee Jinki, here at Samsung Medical Center. It is best if you could come here as soon as possible. Your husband is in critical condition."
 

She drove as fast as she could to the said hospital. She tried not to tear up but her emotions caught up to her. The words that the person he had spoke to earlier were replaying over and over in her head.

"We have your husband, Mr. Lee Jinki, here at Samsung Medical Center. It is best if you could come here as soon as possible. Your husband is in critical condition."
 
For some reason, she suddenly remembered on his birthday, December 14, few years ago they were standing in the middle of the stage where he and his band were performing. He sang a song for her. Fans around the stage were squealing at them as they held hands and look at each others eyes crazily in love.
 
He pulled her close and kisses her forehead after the song was done. He pulled away from her squeezing her hand as he bent down on his knees first and said "I want you forever and always through the good and the bad and the ugly. I want us to grow old together. Choi Jinri, will you marry me?"
 
Crying from happiness she nodded her head and literally throw herself at him giving him a kiss on the lips. He swang her around while everyone at the place celebrated.
 

 
She pulls up at the entrance and immediately ran to the front desk avoiding the paparazzi. They lead her down to what she thought a million halls of maze that was never ending.
 
They stop at the waiting area and let her speak to the doctors who attended his husband. They talk about what happened but she can barely hear them. Good thing his parents were there. She could ask them later what they were talking about but for now she wanted to see him so much that it hurts.
 
She felt a pair of arms around her pale body as she was engulfed by a hug of sadness from his mother. Her mother-in-law cried in her arms. She tried and wanted to be strong for her husband and their family. As much as she wanted to cry with her, she will not.