Part four: Secret Meetings

Our Love Story

“What’s your favorite color?” Yoon Ju asked as she took a bite of her noodles.

Lu Han leaned back on his palms on the grass and sighed, “Red. Yours?”

Yoon Ju smiled, “Purple.”

A week had passed since Lu Han’s confrontation with Sehun and though he had thought that he would stay away from Yoon Ju, it proved impossible.

One day, Lu han had decided to go to the place that he used to eat lunch as a trainee, on the rooftop, but found someone else there instead: Yoon Ju.

She had started up a conversation with him and Lu Han found his will to stay away vanishing. And though he should have left that first day, he stayed. And when he should have stayed away the next day, he returned, and so on. Soon enough, they started up a game of 20 questions each day where they would ask something about the other. Today’s topics so far were color and foods.

“Who's your best friend?” Lu Han asked.

Yoon Ju didn’t even hesitate, “My StarLight members. I don’t think i need to ask for yours. It’s pretty obvious.”

Lu Han looked at her, “What do you mean?”

Yoon Ju laughed, “You don’t know how much people ship you and Sehunnie as a couple? It’s crazy~ But even I have to admit. You look cute together!” she teased.

Lu han gave an uncomfortable smile. “Right...”

Yoon Ju suddenly frowned, “Where is Sehun? I haven’t seen you two together in a while.”

Lu han simply shrugged, “We’ve been busy.”

Yoon Ju gave him a suspicious look but he quickly looked away to avoid her gaze.

“Favorite song?” He changed the subject.

“It changes often.” Yoon Ju responded. “Where’s Sehun, Lu Han oppa?”

“Why do you call me oppa?” Lu Han abruptly asked.

Yoon Ju blinked in confusion, “You’re older than me... Why?” she joked, “Am I supposed to call you sunbae?”

Lu Han laughed and shook his head, “You said you were half-chinese.”

Yoon Ju nodded, “So?”

Lu Han cleared his throat, “You should call me gege.”

Yoon Ju raised an eyebrow but smiled and shook her head. “Fine... Lu han ge.”

Lu Han looked away, hiding his smile.

“LU HAN!” Voice suddenly called out.

Lu Han looked up with wide eyes to see EXO walking up to them.

“Oh no...” He said under his breath.

“Huh?” Yoon Ju didn’t catch him.

Lu Han shook his head as they walked up to him. He quickly scanned s and wasn’t sure to be relieved or worried that Sehun wasn’t with them.

“Who’s this?” Lay asked, stepping up to sit beside Lu Han.

“Anneyeonghaseyo.” Yoon Ju smiled at them, “I’m Song Yoon Ju.”

“She’s a trainee for SM.” Lu Han explained. “She’s going to debut in a group called StarLight soon.”

“Nice to meet you.” Suho smiled angelically.

Yoon Ju blinked, “Wow... you really do look like an... angel. Sort of like Min Jung...”

Suho was confused but quickly brushed it off.

“Why are you all here?” Lu han asked, slightly panicking on the inside. He didn’t know who knew about Yoon Ju from Sehun in EXO and he didn’t want the others knowing she was the reason they were fighting.

“We just wanted to hang out during lunch but you always disappear! So this time we followed you.” Lay explained. He suddenly shot a glare to XiuMin, “But the boazi got distracted by food so we were late in getting up here.”

Lu Han couldn’t help but smile at the name, “Silly boazi.”

XiuMin shot him a playful glare though he was already used to Lu han’s infatuation with his nickname.

Yoon Ju laughed despite her efforts not to, earning full attention from EXO again.

“Why are you laughing?” Tao asked in his broken Korean.

Yoon Ju responded to him in fluent Chinese though, “Because you guys are just as crazy as your fandom.”

“You know Chinese?” Lay asked.

Yoon Ju nodded, “I’m half-chinese.”

“Not fair.” Xiu Min frowned. “I’ve been learning for so long yet I still don’t know much but you can already speak fluently...”

Yoon Ju playfully winked at him, “I’m just amazing~” she looked around and laughed.

D.O. was staring at her with widened eyes and Chanyeol with his creepy smile. Kai smiled, already knowing that she knew both languages while the others were wide-eyed too.

“She’s half-chinese, idiot.” Kris hit Xiu Min on the back of his head, “Of course she knows better than you.”

“Haha~” Yoon Ju mocked XiuMin, “You got diuzhang mad!”

XiuMin’s mouth fell open, “HEY!”

Yoon Ju laughed again and looked back to Lu han. The latter stared back at her with a heart-warming smile.

Lu Han knew he was swimming in dangerous waters right now, having Yoon Ju with EXO but he couldn’t help it. She was getting along with them as easily as they got along with each other.

Tao sat down next to Yoon Ju and stared at her with his panda eyes, “So when are you going to debut? You should debut and then come on a show with us! Maybe even come to China with us...”

Yoon Ju’s eyes widened in surprise.

Lay laughed while Kris shook his head, “It’s dangerous when the maknae gets attached.”

Lu Han frowned, “Stay away from her Tao! Don’t ruin her with your... your aegyo.”

Tao stared at him with innocent eyes, “GEGE! I’m not ruining her! I just think that she should come back to China with us.”

Kris shook his head disapprovingly, “Tao, she’s not a panda to keep as a pet.”

“Uh...” Yoon Ju awkwardly muttered. She found Tao cute, but she didn’t find being referred to an animal cute.

“I get it!” Lay suddenly exclaimed. “Now I know who you are!”

Lu Han stiffened. His gaze slowly travelled to Lay and he was hoping with every single nerve in his body that Lay hadn’t realized what Lu Han was hiding.

Lay smiled mischievously, “You’re that girl that Lu Han talks about in his sleep!”

Lu Han suddenly flushed pink, “YIXING!”

Lay innocently shrugged.

Yoon Ju smiled secretly at Lu Han. It was sort of weird to know the fact, but the way Lu Han was reacting made it cute.

“You know...” Baekhyun spoke up for the first time.

All of them turned to him expectantly.

He smiled at Yoon Ju, “You and Lu Han hyung look good together.”

Yoon Ju’s eyes widened, “Uh... we-”

“Yeah!” Tao agreed, cutting her off. “You two do look good together!”

Lu Han bit back his smile. Their words were making him happy, overjoyed in fact. But before he could feel the least bit of that emotion, Sehun’s face would flash in his mind and every happy thought would disappear.

Lu Han looked over at Yoon Ju and couldn’t help it. He had fallen, and hard.

Lu Han sighed inwardly, looking away as EXO kept complimenting them. *I’m sorry, Sehun. I hope you’ll forgive me...*