Chapter 10

To Be, Or Not To Be

*I did a lot of editing on chaps 12-16 XD 6.19 

Key’s P.O.V

Tiffany dropped me off at my complex. Most of the girls were passed out when I exited the van. I stumbled my way onto the ground. It was getting chilly outside. The apartment complex parking lot was empty and quiet. Only the sound of the cold gusts of wind brushed through my hair. The parking lot lights were the only source of brightness, for the sun has already made its way across the earth. I wasn’t walking straight. My legs kept tripping the other. I was so dizzy. The cars in front of me looked distorted and they looked as if they were moving. I had a few shopping bags in my hand swaying them back and forth in an unsteady motion. With my left hand, I tried to zip up the zipper on my small jacket, but who was I kidding? I couldn’t even get the small metal thing into the zipper part. I had the sudden urge to puke as I slowly made my way up the steps onto the second floor. I slipped missing a step, but caught myself holding on to the railings. As I caught my balance, I slammed my hand up to my chest like I would be able to stop myself from throwing up by doing that. Something came up but I forced it back down my throat leaving behind a foul taste tingling on my tongue. I had finally reached my door when I went in search for my keys. I felt everywhere on my pants hoping to find it in my pant pockets. Ugh! No luck. I rang the doorbell. *dingdong*dingdong*dingdong* I waited for a while laying my forehead upon the arm that I rested on the door. For a second, I fell asleep at that position, when my head fell jolting me awake. *dingdong* No reply. it. Taemin wouldn’t come answer the door at 3:34 a.m.  I felt around my body again searching for my keys. I found it in the side pocket of my jacket. It took me a while to be able to the pocket, but the harder part was actually trying to fit the key into the lock. It was dark and I kept missing the knob! My key finally met the knob but I was still moving it around searching for the hole. When the key finally found its place in the lock, I twisted my key to the left and pushed in. My body slammed into the door. ! Damn it! I turned it to the right and pushed in causing my body to fall into my apartment along with the door. I hung onto the door knob pulling myself up along with my bags. I jerked my keys from the knob kicking the door shut. My apartment was dark as hell. I couldn’t see anything, drunk or not. I felt my way to my room bumping into the wall on my right, then the wall on my left, all the way to my bedroom door. I flung the door open, threw my bags into the floor and plopped myself onto my bed not bothering to undress or remove my shoes. it I’m going to sleep. I passed out.

 

 

--------------

 

 

*buzz*buzz* *buzz*buzz* *buzz*buzz* *buzz*buzz* My sleep was cut short as an annoying vibration buzzed. My eyes refused to open. With eyes still shut, I stuck my hand under my pillow reaching for the source of the vibration. *buzz*buzz* Finally, it had stopped. I hadn’t checked who the call was from before I dropped my arm again. Feeling very uncomfortable sleeping in tight jeans and a jacket with zippers that were pressing against my sides, I forced myself awake. My hands grabbed my throbbing head. I felt light headed and still dizzy. I unlocked my phone, and with my half open eyes, I checked the time 10:52 a.m. Who is calling me this early? I don’t work until 2 today! I angrily unlocked my phone to check to see who in this world thinks whatever they want to tell me is important.

1 Missed Call              Jonghyun   10:48 a.m.

That’s right. He called me yesterday too. What’s so important? My notifications still read 2 Unread Messages from yesterday. I’m guessing they are from him too. I was about to call Jonghyun when I heard the front door open. Where could Taemin be going this early in the morning? I dragged myself out of bed rushing out to stop Taemin from leaving.

“Oh…” to my surprise, Taemin wasn’t leaving, he’s only just arrived. “Taemin-ah, where did you come from? Weren’t you at home last night?”

His face was full of guilt. He didn't reply.

"Taemin."

"I just stayed out with my friends last night."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I knew you would get mad."

"I'm only mad because you didn't tell me. I'm going to make you breakfast."

 

 

--------------

 

“Yah Taemin-ah, stop playing with my phone and finish your food.”

“This is so cool. I wish I had a phone too.” I felt guilty that I couldn’t afford to buy him a phone.

“Hyung, you know you have two unread messages from Jonghyun.”

“What? Stop! Why are you looking through my messages?” I snatched the phone back from Taemin.

“Calm down, I didn’t read the message.” I gave him an angry look as I still munched on my breakfast.

I finally had time to open the messages.

 

From: Jonghyun

Message: Hey, Key. I think you dropped your necklace in my car. I found it. It has a K on it so I supposed it was yours. When do you want me to give it back to you?

 

Message: Key. I have your necklace. Do you want it back?

 

What?!?! He has my necklace?! Damn it! And I didn’t answer when he called or texted me!?

 

I’ve been looking everywhere for it! Yes, I wan t it back! Can you give it back to me today befpre 12:30?

 

Send.

I sat at there tapping my fingers impatiently on the table.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?”

“Jonghyun found my necklace! I thought I lost it forever!”

“You were with him last night?”

“No! I lost it some other day. I don’t remember.”

My phone vibrated. I hurriedly snatched it up from the table.

 

From: Jonghyun

So now you reply? Which apartment building do you live in? I can go give it back right now. Give me like 15 minutes.

 

“Aah!”

“What is it?!” Taemin stared at me weirdly.

“Nothing. Jonghyun is coming over to give me back my necklace.”

“Is Minho or Onew coming?”

“No. Why?”

“I just didn’t want to be lonely when you go to work.” I picked up Taemin’s hand from the table.

I chuckled. “If you want, then tell some of your friends to come over. Just no getting out of the house to do your dancing thing.”

He smiled weakly.

 

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

I ran into my room to pick up the phone that was ringing on full volume.

"Hello?"

"Jonghyun-ah! I left my phone at home, that's why I'm using Ga-young's phone. I also left my credit card in my little wallet can you bring it to me?" My fiance quickly spoke.

“Right now?”

"Yes..."

"Wait, where are the pants I wore yesterday?” I went back to search for my pants in the closet.

I heard her laughing with her bridesmaids who had arrived early this morning. “Yea... babe, just hurry and bring it.”

“Sekyung, where are my pants from yesterday?”

“What? Jonghyun-ah I'm at that mall we passed by last time. You remember?” She kept ignoring my question.

“Ok. Can you give me a while? Have you seen my pants? The ones I wore yesterday?”

“Why? I put it in the washing machine.”

“What? Did you see…”

“A necklace?” She cut me off before I could finish. “Yes, I found it in your pocket so I left it on the nightstand. Why is it so important?”

“On the nightstand? Ok. Nothing. I’m just going to go give it back to my friend.”

“Who? A girl?”

“No. I already said he’s a guy.”

I went back into my room to check if the necklace was on the nightstand. Not there. “What the?” I whispered to myself. I opened the small drawer, moved the lamp a little, and then dropped onto my knees. Lifting up the bed skirt, I saw the shining necklace under the bed. “Found you.”

"Oh my gosh baby, hurry we are trying to go shopping! Bring my phone! Hurry!"

"I have to go somewhere for just a minute." I had to go give Key back his necklace.

"Why? What's so important?" 

"Jonghyun, it's not that far away, it'll take you ten minutes to get here." And five more to give it to you and ten more to get back.

I put on some jeans and a nice blue cardigan over my white t-shirt. I placed the necklace into my pocket as I exited my room.

"I'll be really quick. He lives nearby."

"Isn't your wife-to-be more important? Jonghyun you're taking forever."

In the end, I angrily went out to my car and drove towards the mall. For my fiance I do these things. She'll be ordering me around everywhere after we get married.

I'm sorry Key.

 

 

Key’s P.O.V.

“. Where the hell is Jonghyun?!” I paced around my room. “It’s already 12:20.”

“Key, what’s wrong?” Taemin happened to look into my room.

“I’m going to work soon and he’s still not here yet! That bastard.”

“Call him.”

“He won’t answer! Ugh. I’m just gonna go to work.” I grabbed my bag and walked out my door giving Taemin a hug before departing. “Taemin-ah, take care. Here’s some money for whatever you need. Remember what I said.”  I gave him all the money I had left.

He cutely nodded as I patted his head.

“Okay, bye.”

I walked out to see taped once again a notice on my door.

“What the !? Damn it! I’m getting paid today!” I was the only one there to hear my yells. I crumpled up the paper in my palm and threw it down the railings landing it behind a bush.

I walked off to catch a bus.

 

 

--------------

 

 

Ugh sorry Jonghyun and Key still haven’t met up yet. They will soon I hope. I’m trying not to jump into things too quickly even though I already feel like I am. Thank you my readers and subbies for sticking with me. I’ll try to improve more!

Enjoy:)