02

Everytime
chapter two
trying
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
 
 

In our one-year and a half of being together, we had our ups and downs.  We quarreled like everyone else.  He was always the one that would make the first move to make things better between us.  He was always the one that tried hard for us to spend some time together.  He was always the first one that would greet me if it was our monthsary (monthly anniversary) or any other couple occasions out there.  Come to think of it, I never really put much effort on our relationship than him.

Maybe those were the reasons why he had done what he did to me.  Or maybe he realized that I’m just a simple girl and I’m not enough for him.  

Woke up, reminisce, eat, school, eat, cry, sleep.  This pattern of mine that developed when we broke up should really stop.  I need to be a strong girl and start forgetting him like he was doing.  He was being a flirt again just like he was before we became together. So maybe he really had forgotten me already.  He was happy now, no trace of sadness on his handsome face. 

I really hated myself.  Why was I being like this?  I was the one who ended things between us but why was I sulking and not moving on?

“Arghh!”  I screamed and grabbed my hair.  I was getting furious at myself.  Why can’t I forgot that Kim Jaejoong?!!!

I stood up from my bed and do my morning routines since it’s another school day.  Because I was on my own, I cooked my own breakfast.  Even cooking reminded me of him.  How can I even erase him on my mind and heart if everything around me reminded me of him?

 

I was woken up earlier than my normal wake up call.  Mirotic was blasting on my smartphone indicating that there was an incoming call.  Even though I haven't saw who was the caller I already knew who it was.  I specifically set Mirotic for my boyfriend so I would know even without looking that he was calling.  

"Hello? Oppa, why are you calling me this early?"  I asked sleepily while my eyes were still close.

"Babe, your voice is really y and seductive when you just walk up.  That was one of the reasons why I keep calling you before your alarm."  He said on the other line.  "Hmmmm."  I was still very sleepy to register what he had said so I just mumbled something for him to know that I was awake or in my case, half awake only.  He chuckled.  "Come on babe, get up and open your door. I'm already outside your apartment." 

I suddenly sat up on my bed when he said that.  It was Monday and every Monday and Friday, he will come to my apartment for us to eat breakfast together. Since we don't have time together at school, he thought of this arrangement.  

"I need a minute, oppa."  I said and ended the call without waiting for his answer.  I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.  Of course I wouldn't be insane to just face my boyfriend without even washing my face.  I tied my hair into a messy bun; checked myself again on the mirror and after more than a minute, I was ready to face my boyfriend.

I opened the door and saw Jaejoong not so patiently waiting on the opposite wall.  He was leaning on my neighbor's wall while his hands were in his pockets. "I thought you only need a minute?"  He said cutely while pouting.  He looked like a kid who didn't get what he wanted as a gift on his birthday.

"If your fangirls at school would see you acting like this, they'll be crazier about you.  Stop pouting oppa and come inside."  When he didn't make a move, I pulled him inside.  "Have you forgotten again that we'll have breakfast together today?"

I hugged him, my arms were around his waist and my head was against his chest.  I felt him wrapped his arms around me and gently my back.  "Oppa I'm sorry, it kinda slipped my mind because I had many school works that I needed to finish last night.  Forgive me, hmmm?" I said without even looking up to him.

I heard him heaved a sigh and I already knew that I was forgiven.  "I understand.  My babe is such a good student.  I know, I know.  Studies come first before the boyfriend.”

I pushed myself away from him to look at his face.  “Yah oppa!  You know that’s not true.”  He chuckled and hugged me again.  “I know.  I was just kidding.”

“Come on oppa, I’ll cook breakfast today since I woke up late and you have to wait outside.”  I pulled her towards the kitchen.  “Just sit there oppa while I cook.  Do you want any specific breakfast?” 

He shook his head.  “Whatever you prepare, I’ll eat it.”

“Egg toasts and milk are fine, then?”  Since she woke up late and they didn’t have much time to prepare their breakfast, she decided to cook a simple breakfast.  “Coffee for me babe.”

I got butter, sandwiches, sugar, cabbages, carrots, onions, and eggs.  I prepared it for only 20 minutes and we enjoyed our simple breakfast together.  He teased me again about my milk saying that I was already old and still drinking milk.  

Sometimes we would cuddle after breakfast if we still had time before we go out and ignored each other again.  

We were contented and happy. Well I was contented and happy.

 

 

I spotted Sunmi waiting for me at the gate.  She was beaming to me as usual.  We walked towards our classroom while she was blabbing some stuffs regarding a party on Saturday.   “Sohee, do you know about Yunho’s party on Saturday?”

“Yes, I do.  But I won’t go.”  I straightforwardly said.  I knew she wanted to go there since she has something for Changmin and she would grab any chance possible to get him notice her.

She stopped walking and forcefully stopped me too.  “But why?  We always went to his party.  It’s one of the best parties every year, we can’t miss it.  Is it because of Jaejoong again?  Sohee, you can’t do this to me.”  She whined at me.  Sometimes I really don’t know who was older between the two of us.

“We’re not even invited.”  I can’t think of any reason other than this lame excuse.  “Don’t give me that reason, everyone is invited.”  True, everyone were invited even the lowest of the stupid social ladder at their school.  That was one of the reasons why the Kingkas' were never hated, they never looked at someone's status to befriend them.

I sighed.  “Why can’t you just go there alone Sunmi?”

“Because I don’t want to.  And you’re my best friend Sohee, you’re supposed to accompany me there.”

“You’re my best friend Sunmi, you’re supposed to understand why I don’t want to go.”  I mimicked her tone. 

“I am helping you to get over him.  He’s not the only guy in the world Sohee stop being like this.  You need to go out and enjoy yourself and this party will help you find another man.”

As if that was an easy thing to do.  “I am not desperate to find another man but I will go there with you for you.  Can we move now?   We’re going to be late if we just stand here.”   In the end, Sunmi got what she wanted. 

That day after all our classes were done, she had dragged me to the mall.  Her reason was we needed to buy dresses and shoes for the party.  I retaliated saying that I didn’t need to buy a new dress just for a party but obviously I didn’t win the argument.  I never won an argument with her ever since we became best friend in primary school.

She even insisted that she will sleepover in my apartment tomorrow night just to make sure that I won't lock myself and won't meet her.  So much trust she had in me.  But don't get me wrong, I did understand what she was trying to do, she was just being a good best friend and helping me to move on.

I just hope that nothing to my dislike will happen on Saturday. 

_____________________________________________________________

 
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
» OMG. I am really really sorry for making you all wait, I had a major major writer's block and I can't really think of any story idea for this.  But now after so many months without an update, I finally posted one.  A shorter one than the first chapter.    But anyway, what do you think happened to them that caused her to break their relationship? Also if you are curious, they became a couple in their third year and now they're in fourth year high school.  I hope I'm not confusing with my writing. If you have questions or anything, feel free to ask me. XD