The case.

The Case of Innocence

I was so tired that I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I saw Kris also come out of his room stretching and then I saw Minho come out of his room holding his head. My brother and my parents were covering there ears from the constant doorbell ringing and the fire alarm beeping. I looked at them before I headed downstairs. As I went downstairs I saw something black run into a room at the corner of my eye. What.. it's probably the maid. I looked at the clock and it was 5 in the morning and the house was quiet. What's today..? I looked back at my family and friends trailing behind me.

"What happened to everybody today?" TOP asked still covering his ears.

"Today's Chuseok so they all left." Kris reminded them.

"Wait, then who got into the house?" My dad asked.

We all looked at eachother and then looked towards the front door which was wide open and faint colored bootprints on the carpet. I looked where it was heading towards and it was heading down to the basement; my secret hiding spot was down there and the lock on the basement door was smashed. My eyes widened.

I ushered them towards the basement door and showed them. Shivers went down my back as I was scared to death. Anahi, calm down. You're not afraid okay? I took deep breaths in and out as Kris wrapped his arm around my waist trying to calm me down.

"So, who's going in first?" My mom asked frightened.

"Definitely not me." I said shivering and walking back.

"I know I'm the head of the police force, but I'm not going to walk in there and see a boogley-woogley monster pop out." My dad said waving his arms in front of his face.

"Well, I'm still hungover.. so, it's all you guys." Minho said leaning against the couch.

"I'll stop the fire alarm from beeping and you guys look for other things. Minho; Honey, will you please close and lock the door?" My mom asked politely.

He shook his head and heading towards the door as my Dad went to the kitchen with a broom. My dad slowly approached the kitchen as he opened the door fast and yelled "WHAT THE IS THIS SH*T?!" Everybody rushed to where my Dad was and there he was.

The guy that wanted 1 million KRW had a gun pointed to my Dad's head. I froze and didn't know what to do at first. I looked around for any other weapons and I remembered there was a gun underneath the kitchen sink.

I looked at the kitchen sink and back at my dad.

"I want a bigger amount of money now." He said.

I looked at him bewildered. "MORE? After all you've done you want MORE?!" I yelled running towards him, but only to be pulled back by Kris and Minho.

"I wouldn't do that child. You don't want to see your precious father's brains all over the kitchen, now do you?" He said tapping the gun on my dad's head.

I flinched for a second. "I'm not a child." I gritted my teeth.

Kris let go of me because whenever people called me a child I instantly blew off like a bull. Minho followed suit and did what Kris was doing and backed away.

"You are obviously a child with your immature acts." He said laughing.

"You don't know the things I could do right now." I yelled holding back my anger.

"Kid, I can shoot you and your Dad right now. I can also shoot your little friends here." He said.

That was it. I exploded and ended up lunging towards the guy and pulling the gun away from his hand fast making him shoot the ceiling. I instantly put the guy in a choke hold and put the gun towards his head. I didn't look so dashing doing this because I was wearing Pikachu pajamas and I had Pororo slippers on.

"So, how does it feel to be in this place...?" I asked still pointing the guns toward his head.

"I-I wouldn't do that if I were you." He was trembling while trying to get out of my grasp. I tightened my arm around his neck which made him choke a little.

"And why wouldn't I?" I said through clenched teeth.

"I have Hyunsik, Yonghwa, Tao, Minzy, and Julie downstairs held hostage by my other friend." He yelled quickly while closing his eyes.

I was now trembling with fear. My friends, my self-picked bodyguard, my favorite driver, the kungfu panda, my weird best friend, and my best friend since middle school that was my made is being held hostage now. I heard a gun shot and was stunned in place.

"Y-Your friend probably is dead right now!" He shouted while smiling.

I loaded the gun and threw the guy to the side. I pointed the gun towards him. "Annyeong." I shot him in the stomach as he was knocked out like a light bulb.

Blood splattered on my slippers as I checked the remaining ammo in the gun. "Aish, I have to get new slippers.." I pouted.

Everybody was staring at me like I was crazy because I just killed someone without any hesitation right in the kitchen. I looked at them confused and then heard a scream. We all looked at eachother with wide eyes and I grabbed the gun underneath the sink and threw it to my dad who was now trembling more than ever.

"Dad, you are the head of the policeman. You've done this before." I said calmly before opening the door.

"Y-Y-You just shot a person! I never did that! My own daughter just killed a person. I only arrested them.. not shoot them." My dad said scared.

"Dad, you can do this. If I just killed someone then you can obviously kill someone too. Anyways I didn't kill him. He used a gun that has a drug needle in it. He's only paralyzed for 2 hours and he'll wake up in 1 hour." I said kicked the door open to the basement and running downstairs to see Tao pointing a gun at me.

"HOLY SPAWN OF FREAKING SATAN. TAO DROP THE GUN. I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU." I yelled holding my gun in the air.

The guys friend was on the floor with blood covering him. Tao dropped the gun as I walked towards the guy gasping for air on the floor.

"Sukjin ahjussi?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm sorry for..for..l-last n..night." Sukjin said out of his last breath. I shook him and he wasn't moving.

I looked back at everybody who were all trembling. Minzy was crying, but was comforted by Hyunsik. Julie was in the corner rocking back and forth as Yonghwa tried covering her face from the sudden craziness from us. Tao walked over to me with tears going down his eyes. I looked up at him and half smiled and he fell on his knees with the gun dropping right beside him.

I got on my knees and pulled him into a hug. "It's okay Tao.." I soothed him while patting his back.

"A-Anahi.. I killed someone." Tao said slowly between sobs.

I hugged him tighter. "Tao, stop crying.. it's okay!" I soothed him once again. Kris was feeling emotional too. Kris came over and pulled Tao and I up and joined the hug. Kris patted Tao's head.

"My mom was leaning against the wall looking up at the ceiling while my Dad had his phone in his hand and he was calling the police. I sighed and we all went upstairs as I looked around the basement walls. There was blood covered with Sukjin's wall and some dried blood from my punch.


The police came as I was on the couch being asked questions. They were looking around the house and I showed them the first level and when we reached the stairs they asked to see the rooms they can inspect things. I led them onto the staircase where it was creaking louder than usual. I got the 7th step and ending falling down into the steps. The staircase broke as I fell down into the basement.

I yelled in pain as my body was underneath a bunch of wood. It was dark except for the light coming from the opened and broke staircase. I looked up to see people yelling for me to stay awake. I was blinking unconciously as I was suddenly blacking out. I opened my eyes wide to try to focus, but I couldn't breathe.

I saw a familiar face pop out from up above the stairs. "Anahi! Hold in! Don't close your eyes! YOU HAVE TO STAY AWAKE." Kris yelled along with Tao.

Everybody was yelling as my vision was getting blurry. I immediately tried taking the wood off of me as the policeman were trying to get down to the basement with a rope. People were trying to get the wood off of me, but they didn't have enough people to get it off. Only 2 people came down the rope and it was my Dad and another policeman.

"ANAHI! CAN YOU HEAR US?!" They yelled at me as I was hearing things as mute. "SHE'S PROBABLY IN SHOCK!" Kris yelled from above.

At least I can still hear your voice Kris.. I tried smiling, but it didn't work as well as I planned it to be since I was still underneath heavy pieces of wood. Who knew the staircase would break on me? Was it part of the guys plan?

I was feeling numb. I didn't want to be paralyzed so I tried my hardest and ended up moving one piece of wood off of me, but there was 2 more on top that landed on me. I shrieked in pain making sure even the neighborhood heard it.

"HELP! PLEASE! IT HURTS!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

My dad was staring at me with pitiful eyes as he was trying to get the wood off of me. The policeman was pushing them off to the side trying to use all of his strength.

"Anahi, listen closely." My dad said while trembling. 

"Y-Y-yes dad.." I said trying to breath a tear went down my cheeks. 

"I hope you know that I love you and if you die here I will be here with you in the room where you died okay?" My dad said choking a little bit before breaking into tears.

"I love you too dad." I said passing out afterwards. I heard screaming and yelling as I felt shaking.

"ANAHI! WAKE UP! NO! WAKE UP!" I heard more and more yelling as footsteps were surrounding me. I heard pained voices and could hear feet shuffling quietly trying to hold back attacks and tantrums.

I ended up hearing a gunshot as my eyes pried open fast to see a familiar person with a guy pointing to the ceiling. I still couldn't see who it was before I was knocked out like a lightbulb.


TALK ABOUT SUSPENSE! :D lolol i hoped you all like it.