Getting to Know You

Love One, Not Two

 

You slowly open your eyes and look around. You see a tv set, drums, guitars, a foosball table, a video game console, a Ping-Pong table and a sitting area.

“What is all this?” you ask in wonder.

“Welcome to the Art Lounge.” He smiles.

“The Art Lounge?”

“Mhmm. This is where all the art students come to just chill.”

“Wait…you’re in the arts program?!”

“Yup. Isn’t this place amazing?”

“Wow! It’s like paradise!”

“I know! This is practically my second home…well technically third if you count work.”

“You work?”

“Oh ya! There’s even a dance studio,” he shows you around, ignoring your question.

He opens the door to the dance studio, and you see a boy practicing.

“Hey Minwoo!” Kwangmin greets him.

“You know it’s not nice to interrupt someone while they’re dancing,” the boy chuckles as he walks over to you two.

“I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s fine. Anyways, who’s she?” the boy nods towards you.

“Oh ya! Minwoo, this is ----------. ----------, this is Minwoo! He’s my friend.” Kwangmin smiles brightly.

Minwoo shakes your hand. “Nice to meet you. Good to see Kwangmin has made a friend.” He laughs.

“Hey!” Kwangmin yells.

You giggle. “Nice to meet you too. You’re great at dancing.”

“Thank you. You should see Kwangmin and his twin Youngmin dance. They’re great too!”

“What? You’re better. You’re the one who helps us!” Kwangmin exclaims.

Minwoo laughs. “You’ve met Youngmin, right?”

“Yea…but it wasn’t a very good meeting.” You look down embarrassed.

“What happened?”

Kwangmin answers, “---------- thought Youngmin was me…”

“Oh, ya…he doesn’t like that,” Minwoo says nervously.

“I feel so bad. I didn’t know…” you mumble.

“Hey, I told you not to worry. He’s probably just in one of his moods,” Minwoo says.

“I hope so.”

You look at the time. “Oh! My mom should be here by now!”

“Oh you should go then,” Kwangmin grins.

“Nice to see you again, Kwangmin, and nice to meet you Minwoo.” You smile as you hurry out of the lounge.

~~~~~~~~

(Kwangmin’s POV)

“Wow, she’s pretty,” Minwoo says.

“Ya…I know,” Kwangmin smiles.

“Do you like her?”

“I don’t really know…I just met her.”

“Well, get to know her better…duh”

“But, what if she loses interest?”

“Why would she?”

Kwangmin looks down embarrassed. “Don’t tell anyone this, especially Youngmin…”

“Continue…”

“I’m always scared of getting to know people because all the people I befriend tend to like Youngmin better.”

“But doesn’t Youngmin sort of dislike her at the moment? I mean, they got off on the wrong foot. I doubt she’d like him more than you,” Minwoo reassures him.

“I hope so, but who knows? Youngmin might do something and take her from me…”

“Then don’t let that happen.”

“How?”

“Get to know her better!”

“I don’t know how to.”

“Isn’t that Pokemon game coming out in a few days?”

“Yea…”

“Why don’t you take her with you to get it?”

“But…how would I know if she likes Pokemon?”

“Get to know her!”

“Fine! I’ll ask her.”

“Good. Now come and practice with me! We need to perfect this dance.”

~~~~~~~~~~

(Your POV)

It’s a new day, and you walk to the front doors of the school. It’s hard to believe how amazing the school is.

You see Chohee with her friends surrounding the doors as usual. You laugh to yourself and continue walking. You see Hana.

“Good morning!” she says happily.

“Hehe. Good morning!” you smile.

Then you see the doors open and a bunch of girls heading towards the door.

“Oh no…not again…” you stop and brace yourself as you remember what had occurred yesterday.

Before you know it, you’re being pushed around in the crowd as you and Hana struggle to get out.

“Oh god…this happens everyday. It’s crazy,” Hana says.

You were about to reply, but you see Youngmin enter through the doors followed by Minwoo and several other good-looking guys. At the back, you see Kwangmin. He waves to you.

“You know him?” Hana asks.

“Yea…” you grin.

Kwangmin walks over to you. “Hey! I’ve been meaning to ask you something…”

“What?” you ask, surprised.

He starts to rub the back of his neck. “Do you like Pokemon?” he suddenly blurts out.

You giggle, “I love Pokemon!”

“Really?” he looks a little happier and relieved.

“Mhmm. The new game is coming out soon! I can’t wait!”

“Whoa! Me too! Um…do you want to go to the mall with me to buy it? I’m going with some of my friends.”

“Seriously? I’d love to!”

“Oh. That’s great!” he smiles. “Well I got to go. I’ll see you around then.”

“Okay. Bye!” you smile as he returns to his friends.

Hana giggles, “Did he just ask you out on a date?!”

“No…I don’t think so…” you blush.

“Ah…he’s cute. You’re lucky.”

You smile, “I don’t think he asked me out though. Who would ask a girl out to go buy a video game?”

“True…true…” Hana continues, “at least he’s taking an interest in you. The boy I like doesn’t even know I exist.”

“Who do you like?” you ask.

“That’s a secret!” she winks and runs off to class with you close behind.

-----------------
Author's Note: Who do you want to end up with in the end?