And the Cookie Monster

Love One, Not Two

You stand there at the door to your aunt's apartment. You ring the door bell. 

The door slowly opens and there stands your cousin Chohee. She has changed a lot since the last time you saw her 10 years ago. She is on her phone, ignoring you.

"Um...annyeonghaseyo." You bow. You aren't that good at speaking Korean.

Chohee looks up from her phone and glares at you. "Annyeong," she says.

Your aunt comes to the door. "Annyeong!" she smiles. "How are you ----------? You've grown so much! How was the flight? Are you tired? Come inside!"

"Oh it was fine," you say as you walk in. "I got some cookies."

Your cousin chuckles, "Cookies? Those look like they're from the bakery in the subway."

"Sorry. Mom had some delicious cookies, but I accidently dropped them. I'm so sorry. I got these immediately. I hope they're okay."

"Ah it's no problem. A gift is a gift. Its the thought that counts," your aunt smiles.

"So, you're going to Soerae High School, right? Aren't you too young?" she continues.

"Mhmm. I'm starting there tomorrow. I skipped a grade."

"And you're part of the international program too? You're so smart."

"Thank you." You bowed.

"If you need any help at school, ask Chohee."

"What?" Chohee looks up from her phone.

"You're ----------'s older cousin. You should help her."

"B-b-but..."

Your aunt glares at Chohee.

"Fine!" Chohee manages to say. Then she marches out.

"I'm sorry about her. She's not always like that."

"Oh its okay," you manage to smile.

"You should get going. Its getting dark and your first day is tomorrow."

"Thank you so much for helping my parents and me. We really appreciate it."

"You're welcome. Come to us whenever you need help, kay?"

"Okay. Thank you," you say as you walk out the door.

"Bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake up and get ready for school. Your mom packs your lunch as you quickly eat breakfast.

"Are you ready?" she asks.

"I don't know...Everyone will be older than me. I'll feel like a midget, plus everyone knows each other already."

"You'll be fine," your mom comforts you.

"I hope so."

You finish your breakfast and your mom drives you to school.

You can't believe your eyes. It's huge. You see students heading inside.

"Where do I go?" you ask.

"I'll bring you to the principal's office first. Chohee will meet you there after you talk to the principal," your mom replies.

You and your mom walk to the office.

"So you're ----------?" the principal asks.

"Uh, yea," you say.

"Hi, I'm Mr. Sung."

"Annyeonghaseyo." You bow.

"Your Korean isn't that bad. You'll be joining the international program."

You nod.

"Thats good. I hope you'll try your best."

You smile.

"Chohee will be leading you around before class starts."

You look outside and see Chohee on her phone. "Uh okay."

After Mr. Sung explained how high school works and assigned you a locker, you leave the office.

"Finally," Chohee says. "We gotta go." She grabs your wrist and drags you down the hall.

"Where?" you ask.

"I need to show you around right?" she replies without looking at you.

"What's the rush?"

"I want to get this over with, kay? Where's your locker?"

"Near the library."

"Kay, we'll go there first."

Before you and Chohee can arrive at the library, you hear a girl call Chohee's name.

"OMG HI!" Chohee smiles at the girl. 

You stare. She must be her friend, you think to yourself.

Chohee and her friend start talking, and you stand at the side. You don't know what to do. Before you can ask Chohee to continue the tour, the doors opens, and Chohee squeals. Then, a bunch of girls along with Chohee and her friend gather at the door. 

A group of boys walk in. You can't see their faces over the girls' heads, but you can tell they are good-looking by the girls' reactions. Chohee follows them as they walk into the school. Then you stop in awe. You recognize one of the faces. It's Kwangmin! He is walking behind the group. You can't believe it. Kwangmin, the nice guy you met at the subway, goes to your school. Before you can go up to him, you are trampled by a group of girls.

~~~~

Authour's Note: Thank you all for subscribing :] I hope you like this chapter.