Knock Knock

나란 놈은 답은 너다...

I woke up, startled.

I looked around confused as I heard sound of glass breaking and people yelling.

But because I was in the dark room with no source of light anywhere, I couldn't see anything.

'What's going on?' I thought.

I got up from the floor and shuffled towards the door, bumping into a couch and a table.

"!" I hissed out.

When I finally got to the door, I put my ear against it and kept quiet as I tried to figure out what was happening. The yelling had died down, and I could barely hear what they were saying.

I moved away from the door slightly and tried to open the door.

Damn. It was still locked.

What did those bastards think? That I was an animal who liked to be caged in?! No. Even animals refused to be caged in.

I didn't need a mirror to see how I looked right now. I knew I looked horrible. Who wouldn't, after all the crying that had been done?

I turned my back towards the door and slid down.

My eyes got used to the dark a bit and I could sort of figure out the shapes of the furniture scattered out in the room.

I gasped.

I had heard a growl just outside the door. It sounded like it belonged to an... Animal.

I leaned my ears on the door again with my knees on the floor.

It was silent. Dead silent. Not just outside of my door, but the whole place was silent. I could hear nothing.

What the hell was going on?!

My fingers were curled into a fist. I raised it and knocked on the door to see if anyone was out there.

Those two faint knocks were all it took.

In a matter of seconds, the yelling and the sound of things breaking started up again except this time, louder and angrier.

Then there was an ear-splitting sound of something being bashed into something else and I felt the whole floor vibrating.

I moved away from the door and shut my ears tightly with my hands, praying for my safety.