Opened Up

Music The Curse of L.O.V.E.

Yuri walks down the street. The trees around looks like golden gate welcoming winter. The brown leaves falling down every time autumn breeze pass by suggesting a nice warm feeling. The pavement below her feet was already covered with caramel color of the leaves falling. It would be good if she can enjoy this warmth feeling to the fullest but unfortunately she can't. Every second of these three days is filled with her thoughts of Kim Hyoyeon. She can't stop thinking ways to apologize to that girl. She knows it was her fault to begin with. Who tells you to tail her down like she's some kind of criminal wanted by CIA. Lost in her thought she already arrived at the grocery shop, her destination in the first place.

 

Checking the list wrote down by her mom, she carefully picks up everything. Kimchi, soybean paste, chili paste, scalllion, and anchovies. Again she go through the list one by one. Satisfied, she heads to the counter. She smiles wide realizing she doesn't need to line up. Less than five minutes, the cashier already finished wrapping her groceries.

 

"5000 won miss,"

 

She nods with her hand ruffling through her pocket. Nothing. Nothing? Her eyes widen. Don't tell me…please..please…she already starts panicking. Before the situation gets out of control, suddenly somebody said in a soft comforting voice "Would you be fine if I pay it up for you?"

 

Yuri turn to her left "Really? Thank you. Thank you very much," she bow before she noticed a familiar face. She look up "Kim Hyoyeon?"

 

     *********************************

 

Hyoyeon continue to stare at the tip of her shoes while Yuri keeps turning the plastic bag of the groceries. No sound or whatsoever. Just their breath alternating with one another. Its already been 10 minutes since both of them take a seat on a bench at the playground nearby.

 

"I'm sorry," out of nowhere they blurt out the words at the same time.

 

They look at each other not expecting they were thinking the same thing all along. It just a matter of time before Yuri starts smiling and eventually both of them burst into laughter.

 

"Apple?" Hyoyeon take out the apple she bought just now.

 

"Thanks," Yuri smile before the apple exchange hands.

 

"Awkward right?" Hyoyeon asked munching her apple.

 

"A little," Yuri admits. Never. Never before crossed her mind that they, both her and Hyoyeon would sit together like this munching apple together.

 

"I'm sorry, for yelling at you for no concrete reason," Hyoyeon apologize again. Specifically this time.

 

"It's not really your fault. I should be the one apologizing. Well, I shouldn’t tailed you like that even though I want to return the iPod,"

 

Hyoyeon smile. "Its okay. I'm just a little out that day. Plus all that bastards trying to hit on you. It boils me well you know because you're.." Hyoyeon can't manage to continue.

 

"Band mates. I know and again sorry for that day," Yuri complete the statement.

 

"No, not band mates…because you're…a..friend," Hyoyeon said slowly.

 

Yuri can't believe her ears. Friend? She really thinks of me as a friend? Yuri looks straight at the girl beside her.

 

Hyoyeon bent her head down "Well, if you feel uncomfortable we can.."

 

"No, not at all," Yuri cut Hyoyeon off. "You mean it?" Yuri eyes are full of hope.

 

"Urm," Hyoyeon nod "So, friends?" Hyoyeon offer a handshake.

 

"Friends," Yuri receive the handshake with a bright smile. The warmth feeling suddenly blossoms spreading the scent of thankfulness in her heart. The golden leaves falling down looks exceptionally beautiful today.

 

 

Another update for you guys! Enjoy (^^,)