chapter two

Mindless

chapter two


Shuchun’s eyes scanned the dark room, and tried to spot anyone who resembled Huang Zitao. Colorful flashing lights hurt her eyes, and the loud irritating music did not help her in any way. Clubs were a pain to Shuchun. She adjusted her name tag, and continued to wait.

“Are you new here?” a voice asked from her left.

Shuchun whipped her head around and gaped. Luhan. She pushed down the urges of hugging him and telling him how much she missed him. Though they were a broken and twisted pair of friends, Shuchun still held stupid feelings for Luhan. Regardless of how much she denied it, Shuchun regretted every word she told him that one night. Faking a little smile, Shuchun nodded at Luhan, hoping that he wouldn’t recognize her.

“Shuchun?” Luhan whispered. Shuchun gave him her best ‘who is this Shuchun you speak of’ look.

She pointed to her name tag. Li Tangying. She couldn’t talk; her voice would be a dead giveaway of her identity. After all, Luhan was once her best friend, and her only friend.

As Luhan cautiously looked away, Shuchun let out the breath she didn’t realize she was holding. But she held it for a good reason; if Luhan caught her now; her plan would be ruined. Seeing him didn’t help her emotional balance, and she honestly didn’t want to be feeling anything for anyone. Luhan turned around again, and Shuchun turned to clean some glasses. She was trying her best to avoid him; but she was the shooter girl, she was forced to attend to his needs.

Seemingly unsuspicious of anything, Luhan ordered a shot of vodka, and Shuchun handed it to him. She downed it quickly, and Shuchun returned her attention to the dance floor. Luhan leaned against the counter, and smiled.

“You look like you want to dance; do you want to dance with me, beautiful?” Luhan asked.

Shuchun felt a pang in her heart. Beautiful… he often called her that in the past as a playful nickname, but now, he didn’t even know it was her. That only meant that he went around calling a lot of girls that. Unable to control herself, Shuchun turned and glared at him. “Since when did you get so damn greasy?”

Luhan’s eyes widened and Shuchun covered in shock. She quickly ran to the back, another bartender quickly replacing her.

“SHUCHUN!” he yelled. 

Luhan was about to run after her, when the bartender stopped him.

“Employees only, Hannie,” the voice chuckled. Luhan turned around.

“Ah, Baozi…” he smiled, as he returned to his calm state, and talked to his boyfriend, Minseok.

Though in the back of his mind, it told him to run after Shuchun and talk to her.


Shuchun gasped for breath as she leaned against the rocks. She stared out at the ocean. Shuchun didn’t know how far she ran, but she knew the beach was definitely not anywhere near the club. Still breathless, Shuchun panted, trying to get back her breath, but like a useless little girl, she collapsed into the sand.


A light began to shine into Shuchun’s eyes. Frowning, Shuchun shifted, and buried herself deeper into the soft blankets. Hearing hushed whispers from outside, Shuchun froze from under the covers. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, and as an instinct, she scanned her surroundings; darkness. Well, of course; she was under the blankets. Cautiously looking around some more, she realized she only dressed in an oversized t-shirt. Shuchun remembered she did not go to sleep wearing this, and she definitely did not own a black t-shirt of this size. Then, she frowned. Sniffing the blankets, she inhaled a strong musky scent; it smelled good, but like a man. Her eyes widened, a man. Sitting up, Shuchun screamed at the top of her lungs.


author's comments


IT ONLY LOOKS SHORT BECAUSE THERE'S LITTLE DIALOGUE!! ><

Oh.. I lie... this chapter is shorter than the first one by 400 words...

Anyways, thank you for subscribing, and I'm sorry for taking so long to update! ^^

Bye~