chapter eight

Mindless

chapter eight


“Why are you here?” Tangying sighed. It was more of a statement than a question, but the playful boy responded anyways.

“To talk, Shuchun,” he replied.

“About what?” she inquired. The boy stood up, and smirked.

“You know what. Whatever happened to the affiliations between The Dragon Clan, and EXO?”

“I wouldn’t know,” she deadpanned.

“My, my, Shuchun... you’ve gotten feisty,” he winked.

“Get on with it, Jongil,” she spat.

She wasn’t Tangying anymore. Not with Kim Jongin in her sight; or as he liked to call himself, Kai.

Kai burst out laughing. “Jongil? I’m not a North Korean dictator,”

“But you’re Korean; and you’ve killed millions of people,” she retorted.

Kai raised an eyebrow. “No, I’ve only killed five people, Ms. Wang,”

“You’re still Korean,”

“…that’s not the point…” Kai muttered.

“Anyway, why are you here? How did you get in here?”

Kai smirked, and dangled a key in front of Shuchun’s eyes.

“Don’t leave your spare key under the mat, sweetheart,” he whispered, rather huskily, getting a bit too close to her face for comfort.

She was more than used to this behavior by the 18 year old male that was practically hugging her. She pushed him, and fell on the couch.

Kai sighed. “I was going to have some fun since we haven’t played in a while; but sheesh. Pushy…”

“I’m sorry, but I want the info, Kai,”

“The White Tigers,” Kai spoke, all playfulness in his voice gone. It sent shivers down Shuchun’s spine to hear Kai speak like that.

“What about them?” she inquired.

The expression of the EXO member was solemn, and it scared Shuchun. EXO was practically a safety unit under the Black Scorpions, so they never did much work. They were a cheerful bunch, but Shuchun never understood why after the Black Scorpions split into EXO, The Dragon Clan, and Generation X, that the boys became killers as well. It was why Shuchun was so rude to Kai; she didn’t want him to walk the same path as her. She wanted him to be shaded away because he was someone who understood. But he had gone against her wishes.

“They… they really think that we can kill someone who saved our mafia.” Kai continued. “Zitao… I’m sure you’ve heard the story, from Kris.”

 It finally hit her why Kai would be there. He had always been her backup. If anything, he was there for her. They were going to make him kill Tao if she didn’t. Panic crossed her face as Kai continued.

“Shuchun, they’re serious. They hired me to assassinate Tao if you do not within a week.” Kai explained. “I know you, Shu, and I know a bit about him. Don’t make me kill him; I can’t stand to kill someone that saved us, and someone you love,”

He paused. “We’re always here for you, Shu.”

Kai brushed past Shuchun, and Shuchun sight.

“Thank you, Jongin…”


She had been a bit more insecure after Jongin’s visit. She was glad that the White Tigers didn’t hire a Generation X member, because someone like Kyuhyun, Changmin, Minho, Jinri, or Sunkyu would have just killed Tao without notifying her.

Shuchun buried her face into her knees, and groaned as she let the loud television frown out Tao’s footsteps.

‘I can’t face him right now,’

‘You have to!’ her conscious yelled back. ‘Tell him who you really are! Kai wanted to protect you! Tao would want to know the truth!’

The seat beside her sank down, and Shuchun tensed up. Tao turned the television down, and the now mute media player illuminated the dark room.

“Tangying, are you okay? Tao asked. “I’m sorry for the way I acted…”

“No,” she replied. “I’m sorry Tao, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry I lied. I’m sorry. I’m so, so, so, sorry…”

“Tang—”

“Tao, stop,” she looked up, and stared at Tao, hurt present in her eyes. “I never meant for it to be like this. It wasn’t supposed to be like this at all.”

 “What are you talking about?”

“I'm sorry I lied, I'm sorry Tao. I'm sorry that I love you," she cried, slipping her Black Scorpion Identification Card into his hand. "I'm sorry that you fell in love with me,”

He gasped quietly as he recognized the design of the mechanical card. But of course he would, Wufan had one, and Tao remembered the details of the card; including its high security system. With a quick flurry of movements, he passed the mafia security on the card, and accessed the real card information. He pressed the ‘owner’ button, and the screen flashed, revealing a picture of the girl who sat before him, and a row of text.


Name: Wang Shuchun
: F
Age: 19
Birthdate: 26/11/19XX
Affiliation(s): Black Scorpions, The Dragon Clan
Classification: Class A Assassin


Tao’s eyes widened in sheer shock; she was an A Class Assassin; the highest classification of all assassins. He was almost scared to find out what she was doing here, in his house. His feelings of trust were slowly depleting, but he loved her, so the sliver held on. His hands shook slightly, and he pressed the 'current mission' button on her interactive card.


Hired by: Li Zhehai
Employer's Mafia Classification: Class C
Target: Huang Zitao
Mission Description: Eliminate the enemy
Job Classification: Assassination
Acceptance Date: 25/02/2018
Status: Ongoing


“You…” Tao started.

“I want to escape China with you,” Shuchun blurted. “To somewhere we can forget about everything, because I honestly love you,”

“Ta—no, Shuchun…”

“But we can’t. I can’t. You can’t. They’ll find us, and the consequences will be worse than they would ever be if we stayed here” Shuchun stared at Tao trough glassy eyes, gauging his reaction.

“Huang Zitao, how would you feel if you were murdered by the enemy who loved you?”


author's comments


Oooh, is going downn~~~ xD

Yup! So our cocky boy is Jonginnie~ who expected that? =3

Next chapter, we have the return of our favourite deer~ and this fic is coming to a close really soon.

In 3 chapters max. Most likely 2 though.

Leave me a comment? =3