chapter one

Mindless

chapter one


A deafening silence filled the room. The only sound that could be heard—flipping of paper—rang in Wang Shuchun’s ears. Silence was something she was used to, and she honestly expected her boss to speak up soon, but the man before her did not. Zhang Yixing simply continued to flip through Shuchun’s assignment book. Finally closing it, Yixing smiled at the nervous Shuchun.

“You’ve done great so far,” Yixing stated.

Shuchun smiled. “Thank you, sir,”

Yixing raised an eyebrow at the way she addressed him. “Lay,” he corrected.

“Thank you, Lay,” she replied, rolling her eyes.

Yixing handed her a sheet of paper, and Shuchun took it, scanning her eyes across it.

“Huang Zitao is your next target,” Yixing declared, hurt present in his eyes. Shuchun stared. Why would Yixing appear so hurt? “He was a request by the White Tiger mafia,” Quietly, Yixing added; “He’s not someone I personally would ever want dead”

Shuchun sighed. Taking this time to complain, she threw the paper to the floor. “I always do their crap!”

“And you aren’t even part of the mafia,” Yixing finished. “I know, I know. You’ve told me a million times,”

Shuchun frowned. “So, what do I do?”

“Just do your normal job,” Yixing replied. “You are an assassin, aren’t you? What else do you do?”

Shuchun glared at the cute looking male. “I go and do everything you are supposed to; because my boss is so lazy,”

Yixing faked being offended. “Are you complaining?”

“No, I’m not; but why me?” Shuchun asked, nodding at the assignment paper.

“Huang Zitao is dangerous, and we trust you to be our only assassin to not fall in love with him,” Yixing immediately responds. It takes Shuchun a moment to register that he’s simply reading off the paper the White Tigers sent him. “But at the same time, I am only your boss. I am not responsible for your jobs, Wang Shuchun. You were requested, and if you want the money, you will need to do this,”

I would prefer you drop this mission, Yixing thought.

Yixing’s eyes softened. “I don’t need you to get hurt, Shuchun. You’re in charge of yourself, alright?”

Shuchun smiled at her caring boss, and stood up, enveloping him in a hug. He acted though sometimes, but her unicorn of a boss was a total softie. Yixing shed a couple tears as he wishes her luck and safety on her new mission. Shuchun simply whispered soothing words about being alright. He acted like her father, and she was the obedient daughter.

Yixing’s phone rang, and he spun around, quickly letting go of Shuchun. Shuchun rolled her eyes again, recognizing the custom ring tome that only one person on Yixing’s phone had. Batting his eyelashes, Shuchun gagged, and he picked up.

“Hello, Xingie bear?” the other voice questions.

“Yes, Fannie honey; it’s me, your Xingie bear. I missed you,” Yixing sweetly cooed. Shuchun excused herself to let Yixing speak to his boyfriend in private.

Shuchun sat down on her bed, and sighed. She looked at the profile sheet, and then at her assignment. She was to become a shooter girl at Zitao’s favorite club, and get him to trust her; then make her assassination from there.

Shuchun laughed as she glanced at Zitao’s picture. His photo wasn’t attractive by her standards, but other people might think otherwise. Shuchun didn’t see how she would fall in love with this guy, unless he was seriously breathtaking in real life. Both ways, Shuchun gave up on love after her first love broke her heart. She never put an effort into mending it, as it would simply be broken again. Suddenly, she couldn’t help but reminisce three years ago.


At 16 years of age, Shuchun had not known anything about love. Her best friend, Luhan, became her mentor. She fell hopelessly in love with him, because he taught her; she thought he loved her; because he treated her well, she thought he enjoyed being with her. But in all honesty, when she saw him that one day, Shuchun’s heart broke into a million pieces, never to be fixed.

He, Luhan, was in the arms of another man, and they were intimately making out. Luhan had never told her that he was gay, so she was thoroughly shocked. Thought she couldn’t deny that Kim Minseok, and Luhan looked good together, she began to hate every man. Just because she believed Luhan had deceived her. She was foolish.

Their argument that day was something to be feared. Her best friend heard things she never would have said; but she was mindless at the moment. She lost her only friend, and he swore never to talk to her again. They both walked away, pained somewhere deep in their hearts. While Luhan returned to Minseok’s arms, Shuchun had nowhere to go. After a really long time, Zhang Yixing took her in; she learned to accept Yixing as himself, as he too, was homoual. He treated her as his precious little daughter that he never had; and she learned to become a skilled assassin. Assassination was her choice in her path of life, and even her now fatherly figure couldn’t stop her. He just watched to make sure she was safe.

She had murdered over a dozen people during her three year career, bringing to current time, where she was 19 years of age. The girl was now on her 20th target; Huang Zitao.


Tossing her long hair over her shoulder, she went to the indicated club, and asked for a job. Luckily for Shuchun, they were in need of the exact position she required. She honestly believed that the White Tigers cleared out the spot for her. There was no way that she would easily get the job the instant she revealed her fake identity as Li Tangying.

Shuchun raised an eyebrow at the man who gave her the uniform. He looked oddly familiar, but she couldn’t remember who he was; perhaps just a White Tiger member. Being told that she could start today, she smiled to herself. Her plan would start early, and Huang Zitao would be dead within a few nights; though that reason about why he should be killed was never properly explain.


author's comments


I'm having a lot of fun writing this... yeah, and there was a warning about in the foreword, so; please don't be all... yeah... because you don't like . It's brief. Anyways, give me some comments~ what do you think? Do you like Shuchun's character (I might will start referring to her as Tangying as the story progresses)?

Thank you for checking this out~

 And remember, subbies... I'm Tao's watching you...

Bye~