It's Time

Pit Stop

 

            Have you ever sat there for a second and thought, I could totally do this? Whatever ‘this’ was? Well that’s what I was thinking at the moment, and it made me feel extremely confident in myself.

            Until I was sitting down at the booth in the restaurant where Kevin was working. I sat there for a second thinking, ‘He’s not going to talk to me.’ I was totally second guessing myself, and I almost got up and walked away, but I glanced up and made eye contact with Kevin as he walked over to my table and knew there was no escaping.

            I saw him frown before grabbing a notepad and walking to the table.

            “What is it, EunKyung?” he asked in a flat tone.

            “We need to talk, Kev, this is important.” I said, gesturing for him to sit down. “It’s going to take a while.”

            “I’m working.”

            “So am I.”

            He sighed and slid into the booth, giving me a warning look.

            “If I get fired—“

            “The bar’s hiring, don’t worry. Just listen to me, okay?” He leaned back and raised an eyebrow. Which was his signal for me to talk, and talk fast.

            “ZE:A should have never broken up.” I started. “If anything, what happened should have made you guys stronger!”

            Kevin shook his head. “Quit while you can, I’ve said this before, I’m done.”

            “No you’re not.” I said, matter-of-factly. “You’re angry. There’s a difference.”

            That caught his attention.

            “Do you want to be angry forever? Or do you want to get even?” I asked, leaning forward and searching his face for some sort of reaction. He looked away.

            “If you’re not here to order something, I think you should leave.” He said after a moment, getting up. “Don’t come back if all you’re going to bring up is something that won’t change.” Then he walked away. I sat there, confused, for a while before getting up.

            ‘On to the next one.’ I thought.

            Was I expecting any of the guys to agree with me the first time I talked to them? No. Was I surprised when Taehun, Hyunshik, Kwanghee, and Heechul all agreed instantly? Very.

            “Wait,” Heechul said as we all sat around the empty bar during my shift a couple hours later. “Have you talked to Junyoung yet?”

            “No.” Taehun said, smirking as he read the expression on my face. I hit him with a rag and turned to Heechul.

            “Are you going to?” Heechul asked. I shrugged.

            “He is the leader.” I mumbled. Heechul nodded.

            “He’s also pissed at the world.”

            I puffed out my cheeks in thought and looked towards the door. “Maybe I could talk to him over the phone.”

            “He wouldn’t answer, he never does.” Kwanghee said, spinning slightly on the bar stool.

            “Does he still live in the dorm?” I asked, turning to Kwanghee.

            He nodded. “He kept the dorm, but I’ve heard he’s hardly home.”

            “Where is he?”

            Can I just say this is not where I would expect to find Junyoung? A library. That’s where ZE:A’s fearless leader had ended up. Working in a library. I wandered through the aisles, searching for the guy and only finding lots of elderly people.

            Finally, I stopped at the entrance of one aisle and stood there staring for a second. Junyoung was in the middle, putting books back in their place, with a bored expression.

            “Wow.” I said, making him jump slightly. He turned to me in surprise and stood there staring back at me for a second.

            “EunKyung?”

            “The one and only.” I smiled and walked closer to him. “Hi.”

            “What are you doing here?” he asked, still in shock.

            “Am I not allowed to visit you?”

            “Well, you are, but don’t you have work?” he replied. I shrugged, not too concerned about that at the moment.

            “I needed to talk to you about something very important.” He studied my face the same way Kevin had then sighed and turned back to his work.

            “If it’s what I know it is, the answer is no.” he said. He began pushing the cart full of books to another aisle with me right behind him.

            “Why not?” I demanded. “Don’t you want to show Block B that they can’t take you down that easily? Don’t you want to prove them wrong?”

            Some woman shushed me. I made a face at her behind Junyoung’s back then stepped around him and grabbed the other side of the cart, forcing him to stop walking and look at me.

            “Tell me you don’t care and I’ll leave.” I said, lowering my voice only slightly. “But if you’re as angry as I am, I know you want to fight back.”

            “Of course I’m angry.”

            “Then what’s holding you back?”

            Junyoung shook his head. “I can’t.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because I just can’t.”

            “That’s not a good enough reason.”

            “I can’t lose anyone else!” Junyoung snapped, making both me and the other woman jump in surprise. She huffed and gathered her stuff, leaving the area and going far away from us. I looked at Junyoung and shook my head.

            “You’re not going to lose anyone if you join—“

            “Dongjun’s dead because of us.” He said, glaring at me. He shook his head. “None of it was Block B’s fault.”

            “They hit his car!”

            “He only got in because of us in the first place.”

            I stood there speechless. What was Junyoung saying? We should just leave Block B alone?

            “What if  they do this again?” I whispered. “What if we can stop Block B and save another team from losing something important because of them?”

            Junyoung pulled the cart out of my hands. “The answer’s no.” he said and walked around me, leaving me to stand alone.

            My phone rang as I walked back to my apartment after that. It was Hyunshik.

            “So the hyungs are at your house. I called Siwan and I’m meeting up with him before we go over to your house. I’ll explain everything to him the same way you explained it to us.” He said.

            “Ok.” I said and hung up. Honestly, I wasn’t in the mood to have to break the news to all of the guys tonight, but I knew it would be better to do it sooner than later. That way their hopes couldn’t get crushed.

            We all sat around my living room, waiting for Hyunshik and Siwan for a few minutes. That’s when we heard a knock on the door.

            I was expecting Siwan and Hyunshik to be at the door when I opened it, but what I got was Junyoung and Kevin.

            “Hi.” I said, slightly shocked.

            “So we talked.” Kevin said, stepping around me and entering the apartment. “I guess, we’ll join you guys in taking down Block B.” We all stood there, staring at each other as it sunk in what we were doing.

            ZE:A was really getting back together.

            All in unison, the guys all jumped up, yelling in their excitement and pulling each other in big hugs. That lasted until there was another knock on the door.

            This time it was Siwan Hyunshik. A very beat up and battered Siwan and Hyunshik.

            “What happened?” I asked as soon as I opened the door.

            Hyunshik, who seemed less beat up compared to Siwan, looked at me. All he said was, “Block B.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

so.......i wasn't going to write anything today because i feel horrible, but i had extra time after i finished my homework faster than i expected so i thought i could just write one chapter. i'll probably write more tomorrow though...i dunno. it depends on how busy i am.