4

Fall for You

 

Tao immediately threw himself on the bed once he arrived in his apartment. With his legs dangling on the edge, he grabbed a pillow, covered his face with it, and let out a muffled scream of frustration. (A/N: I can’t believe I’m passing my weird habits to Tao) He was so drained from the events earlier. Actually, he was emotionally drained ever since Kris left him hanging. So, by impulse, he booked a flight to Qingdao –earlier this afternoon before he left with Lay –wanting to have a break from Seoul. He received a call from the travel agency, confirming his flight. Tomorrow, early in the morning, he’ll be flying back to Qingdao. He had already called his office, telling them that he’ll be taking 2 weeks off.

He tiredly got up from the bed to start packing. He can’t help but think of Kris as he fixes his things. It didn’t occur to him that this will happen after seeing him again. It became very clear to him that everything that happened between the two of them is nothing to Kris. He sighed. It was good that he’ll be coming back to Qingdao. It was something to look forward to. He hopes that by the end of his short vacation, after he had gone back to Seoul, this thing between them would be nothing but a memory.

Fast forward….

It had been a week since Tao arrived in Qingdao. His family was ecstatic upon seeing him. It had been a very long time since he left home and when he got back, he realized how much he missed them. Earlier this afternoon, he took them to shopping. His mother and father wanted to stay linger around for more while he and his cousin went home early.

He was sprawled on his old bed, resting when he heard a knock, seconds after, his cousin peeked in.

“Tao?”

He straightened himself up. “yes Luhan-gege?”

“You have a visitor, I already let him in, and he’s in the veranda.”

“Must’ve been a classmate of mine. Please tell him I’ll meet him in a minute.” Luhan nodded and ushered out of the room. Tao got up from the bed and fixed himself, making sure he looks presentable before deciding to meet his visitor.

Who he saw at the veranda almost swept him off his feet. Tall, striking blonde hair, broad shoulders. He gasped in shock, making the man turn to face him.

“Hey” Kris greeted, smiling at the younger as if nothing unusual happened between the two of them two weeks ago. Unknown to him, Tao’s heart was doing somersaults inside his chest but he retained his cold façade.

“What are you doing here?” he asked ruthlessly that he almost winced at his own tone. He sounded so harsh.

Kris took a step closer to him, still with that damn attractive smile plastered on his face. “Can’t you see? I’m trying to apologize.” He said. His expression far from being apologetic.

“Well, let me tell you, you have a piss-poor job of doing it.” He retorted as he crossed his arms over his chest, as if it would prevent the hammering in his chest.

Kris sighed as his face turned into a solemn one. “Look, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for leaving you like that. I was stupid for–“

“Yeah, you are.”

“I know that’s why I’m saying sorry. Forgive me Tao please.” Kris said sincerely. The both remained silent.

When Tao was sure that Kris wouldn’t say anything further he snapped at him. “What Kris?! That’s it?! You say sorry and you expect me to forgive that easily?! Kris! Even 5 year-olds demand explanation from their mom on why she’s late for their play! Dammit!”

“I needed time to think things over. I needed to assess my feelings, to know that whatever I have for you is real.”

“It’s real Kris. It’s very real that’s why it hurts.”

Kris took a step closer to Tao and reached for his hand. He gripped it tightly as if his life depended on it –well, it practically does –and looked at Tao. “I know, I’m sorry Tao. I’m really sorry. Give me another chance, please. I love you.”

And that was it. All Tao needed was to hear those three precious words from Kris. He dropped his cold façade and looked at Kris lovingly; longingly.

“I love you too” He breathed.

Kris claimed his lips. They shared a sweet and gentle kiss; it was full of love. And at that moment, Kris was very sure. It was the feeling of being lonely and brooding the first minute and the feeling of being deliriously happy the next. It’s definitely the feeling of the one who has fallen in love. When they  broke the contact, he reached for Tao’s hand and placed it over his chest; over his rapidly beating heart. “Do you fell that?” he asked. “That’s yours forever.”

Tao pulled his hand back only to use it to lightly slap Kris on the shoulder. “Eeew Kris, too cheesy, it doesn’t suit you.” He laughed.

“Only to you, babe.” He said and claimed those plump lips again.

A/n: And here it was!! The last chapter! :DD Told'ya it's going to be very short. Tell me what you think! neh? :DDD

Again..  Thank you.. to all those who subscribed and left comments. You made me very happy! :DDDDDDD

I'm starting another fic and it's HunHan! :DDDD Will you also read it? :DD I'll be waiting!