2

Fall for You

Tao tossed his phone on the other side of the bed. It had been a week since Kris last called him. A week since they've shared a passionate kiss over the Banpo Bridge. He buried his face on the pillows and let out a muffled scream of frustration. He came to a sad realization that he's indeed missing Kris. So damn much. He realized that in that short span of time, he had fallen head over heels in love with him. And it was disconcerting for him because the older left him hanging in mid-air. Kris left after Tao had concluded his feelings. He thought the feeling was mutual but he clearly knew it wasn't. His phone lights up and vibrates and he scrambled to get up and reach for it, expecting it to be Kris.

'Yixing calling...'

To his utter disappointment it wasn't him. He sluggishly pressed the answer button.

"Neh?"

"Tao, I'll pick you up at 7 tonight, kay?"

"Yeah, sure." He lazily replied.

"Okay then, bye!"

The line ended. It was Zhang Yixing, some random guy he met at a bar a couple of nights ago. At first, they were just flirting with each other but it ended up with Tao ranting about his missing-in-action-date. He told Yixing that he only flirted with him to spite the guy he was casually dating and Yixing was just cool with it. After that night, they've gotten over the 'flirting zone' and are now heading to being 'friend zone'. Lay, as Yixing prefered to be called, invited him to a friend's birthday party and he agreed. Instead of mulling over his lost-potential-lover, he'd rather go out and forget about it, even for just a brief moment.

 

Lay draped an arm over Tao's shoulder as they went inside the function hall of a five-star restaurant. He didn't mind the other's action as he didn't see it malicious or sleazy. They talked as they maneuvered through the crowd. Lay introducing him to some people here and there. They mingled a little bit before deciding to eat. They were headed to the buffet table when a familiar figure caught his attention. Tall, striking blonde hair, thick brows. It was without a doubt, Kris Wu. His thick-brows are meeting on ends as he looked his way. With Lay's arm still draped over his shoulders, Tao clearly knew that Kris misunderstood his relationship with Lay.

"Gege!" The man beside him shouted, he followed Lay's gaze only to find him looking at Kris' direction. He let himself get dragged. "I thought you won't be able to come?" Lay asked as they reached Kris' spot.

"I finished work early." He turned to Tao. "Hello Mr. Huang." he coldly stated. HIs tone didn't sound welcoming at all. Tao was too stunned to greet back.

"You knew each other?" Lay spoke. "You haven't said anything about him, Tao."

'I did! Everything that I told you is about him.' He wanted to say but thought better. "I didn't know that you're brothers, you have different last names."

"Half-brother actually." Lay turned to Kris. "How did you meet him, is Tao your client?"

"Why don't you ask him?" Kris spat bitterly. "Now if you'll exucse me." he said and brushed past them.

Tao could only scoff at Kris' action.

 

"Yah Tao! Slowdown, the party won't run out of food." Lay joked as he watched Tao munch on the mountain of food on his plate. The younger just glared at him. After that meeting with his brother, Tao became very moody. Up til' now, his still wondering why. "OMO!" he gasped as he shot Tao a surprised look; as if struck by some revelation. "Kris-gege...he...that guy..you're dating?" He asked, incoherently. He was still gathering his thoughts.

Tao ignored him and just continued eating. But not after letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Now he thinks we're a thing." Lay exasperatedly said when he regained his htoughts. "Gege misundertood our friendship. He thinks that..."

"To hell what he thinks!" Tao hissed.

"Oh no, don't say that. I'm pretty sure gege has a good reason for what he did. Actually, for the past weeks, he seems distracted and I've been teasing him about it, I didn't know that it was you though. But seriously, you need to patch things up and fix whatever you two started."

"Why don't you tell it to that brother of yours, he's the one clearly at fault here. Plus there's nothing to fix because we haven't started anything." he sadly added.

"I don't believe you. You wouldn't be whining and mourning to me that night if there's nothing going on between you two. He pointed out. "And you said, he kissed you. That clearly says something."

"It's just a kiss, in Europe you could even kiss someone you've just met." Tao countered before taking in a spoonful of his dessert.

"Well that's Europe, we're in Asia, Tao. We're in South Korea, we're Chinese. In here, a kiss means something much more."

Tao swore he wanted to smack Lay's face for being so witty. He just shot him a life-threatening glare and when the older didn't budge, he retorted back to murdering the poor dessert. Why would he be the one to make the first move when Kris is the one who left? He wont run after him. He won't make a fool out of himself.

 

A/N: It's a good thing my class starts at 12 noon today... So before I head off to university, I decided to put up the second chapter. So.. how was it? Tell me what'cha think! And by the way.... THANKS A LOT TO MY SUBSCRIBERS!! i love you guys even if you're just nine! ME is very happppppyyyyyyy. :DDDDD

 

@Bliss_Destiny SeKai?? but I ship Kai with Kyungsoo T_T but anyways, I'm still not sure if I should make this a trilogy. still just a plan.. :DD thanks for subscribing by the way!

 

It's 11:01 am now and I need to go! Don't want to be late for Psychology class! Ciao!!!!!!! No head image for now, I need to hurry. XD T__T