3

Fall for You

“Gege open the door!” Lay called from outside as he continued to bang on the front door of his brother’s apartment. He was able to go pass the lobby because he knew the concierge. He and Tao immediately left the party and parted ways at the train station. He had a feeling that Tao wanted to be alone so he just let him be.

Kris sighed. He’s sprawled lazily on the couch watching some late evening news when he heard a knock on his door. He reached for the remote control and increased the volume, determined to ignore the knocks –banging. He told himself to remind the lobby personnel to never let Lay in again without his consent. But he doubt that it will happen. His brother was too charming for his own good. He could talk his way out of anything; he should have been a lawyer. But the problem is, he’s too lazy to study. He’s rather party and chase pants.

And out of all the pants that he could chase, it had to be Tao’s!  Fate had a terrible way of screwing him over when he could’ve done better without it. He told himself from the start to have fun with Tao and enjoy his company but to make sure he keeps his emotions in the surface.

But he had gone deep. Too deep and he could no longer deny that he was falling too. He’s falling desperately in love. It had only been a month since they started giving each other attention and to him, that timeframe is too short. When they kissed, it was so passionate that the feelings and emotions he thought he forgot resurfaced, exploded. That’s why he distanced himself, to assess their situation.

“Ge, open this door!” he heard lay from behind the door. Even you neighbors from blocks away could hear your TV so I know you’re there!”

Kris didn’t move. “Why are you so stubborn?” he whispered angrily. He wanted to ignore his brother because he might vent his anger on him. He could not forget that way Lay hugged his Tao so affectionately and Tao, acting oh-so-close to him. He even whispered something in his ear. He didn’t know that these two knew each other.

“If you don’t open this door, I’m gonna break it.” He heard Lay said. With his brother’s tone, he believes that he’ll really do it. He half-heartedly got up from the couch. He didn’t like the idea having his front door poorly shred into pieces.

“What do you want?” Irritated, he asked as he opened the door.

Lay forced himself inside and into the living room. “Thanks for inviting me in.”

“Oh you’re welcome.” He replied sarcastically before banging the door close. “Feel free to make yourself at home.” He added when his brother went straight to the kitchen and approached the fridge to grab a drink. He pulled out a can of soda.

“Believe me, I am.” Lay replied then winked.

“What do you want?” He said, his long string of patience nearing to snap any moment.

Lay took his time drinking the soda before answering. He was thankful that the island counter is between them, he was certain that Kris is nearing to punching someone, someone that is apparently him. But he has no regrets though, because he’s purposely teasing him. He placed the can on the counter and let out a satisfied burp. “That was good.”

Kris stomped a feet which is unlikely him. “Just get out Lay.” To his surprise, Lay laughed at him. AT HIM.

I knew it!” He exclaimed.

He threw him a life-threatening glare.

“I just knew it.” He repeated. “You’re in love.”

“Now that you’ve made your Hypothesis, get out.”

“Tao and I aren’t together.” He explained. “We just met the other day and we had fun so I asked him out again. I didn’t know then that the man he’s talking about was you–“

“I’m not asking for you explanation.” He cut him off. “I don’t care about the details of your love life.”

“Oh I know.” He said. “I’m telling you anyway, because it has a lot to do with YOUR love life, which I might add should’ve been more blissful a long time ago. And Gege, for your information, my love life happens to be a ghost at the moment; non-existent.” And he told Kris everything Tao told him.

“My assessment is that, Tao really likes you.” Lay said. “Now, I don’t know the details of your fight but I think–“

“I don’t care what you think.” He didn’t need any more information. He was still digesting what he had been told.

“But I’m giving it anyway.” He smirked. “Because I’m stubborn.”

“At least you’ve admitted it yourself.” He retorted. “Now if you could, please use your stubbornness to good use. Like maybe be stubborn and spirited enough to finally finish college.”

Lay shrugged. “let’s get back to the topic please. I can tell you love Tao that’s why you’re bothered.”

“I’m not bothered.” He denied.

From the kitchen, Lay strode to the living room and slumped on the couch. “Fine, if you don’t like him…well then, I’ll–“

He wasn’t able to finish his statement as a throw pillow hit him square on the face.

Kris knew what Lay meant. The thought of his brother, or anyone, courting Tao sent unpleasant shivers down his spine. he didn't like the idea. Not even a single bit. Not even at all.

"You know, you always say my problem is that I don't look before I leap." Lay spoke which pulled him back out of his thoughts. "You say I just jump into my decsions head-on." Kris stared at his brother. He didn't think his younger borhter actually remembered his sermons. He didn't think that Lay actually listens to him. "But you know what your problem is, gege?" He asked, more like stated. "Your problem is you look,look,look... and look. You don't leap."

"That's not true!" He defended. "I do!"

"Yes you do. After thinking it over for a million times then by the time that you're ready, the moment already passed by."

He glanced at the man in front of him. "Who are you and what have you done to my brother?" it wasn't Lay-ly to talk like that.

"ge..I'm serious here."

Kris sighed. "I know. It wasn also why I got scared of what Tao and I have. We started to get too serious. And you know what happened the last time I got serious."

Lay got up from the couch and approached him before draping an arm over his shoulder. "Stop chasing the past, move on."

"You're right." He said. But even if he said that, he still doesn't know what he'll do to make things right between him and Tao.

 

A/N: Annyeong!!!! here is the third chapter :DDD Tis' some brotherly love huh? Well anyways...thank you, to all of you who subscribed and read my fic. Even to those who didn't subscribed but still read it. You make me so happy. keke.