Will You Be Mine?

If You Love Something

When the members from the band had come home from their separated schedules and had had something to eat, SungMin was looking for KyuHyun, whom hadn’t turned up to dinner. He had already checked their shared room, the bathroom, a few of the others rooms, even though he knew it weren’t okay to just look inside their room without permission. But KyuHyun was nowhere to be found. He had also checked RyeoWook’s and YeSung’s room, and if he had been in there, he could always have said that he looked for RyeoWook. But he wasn’t in there. He was absolutely nowhere in this place. SungMin sighed, and looked around in the kitchen and the living room in hope to see YeSung instead, that would mean that they weren’t together, but the fear strike him and he knew at that moment. They had gone out together.

 

RyeoWook approached him from behind and walked around him, to face him. SungMin didn’t move an inch, and his eyes were wide open. RyeoWook quickly waved a hand in front of his face, and SungMin flinched from the sudden interruption of his thoughts. A single tear trailed down his cheek, and he quickly removed it. RyeoWook sighed and looked down to the floor, before taking in a deep breath through the mouth, and looked at SungMin.

 

“You really need to get your grip. SungMin, get him out of your world.” RyeoWook said, and it almost seemed like he pleaded for him to get him away from his head. He actually also did that, but he didn’t want it to sound as pathetic as it did. SungMin didn’t seem to notice anyway. He was still too far out of his mind to understand anything.

 

“I need him Wook… I really do.” SungMin mumbled and looked down at his feet. What was he suppose to do? He loved him with every beat of his heart, and he just wanted him to love him back. RyeoWook sighed heavily inside of him. This was going to be a little more difficult than expected, and how was YeSung doing with his job…?

 

“Minnie, you can’t make someone love you, when they don’t, and especially not when they love another.” RyeoWook said. The words hit him harder than anything. His own words had just turned against him. *You can’t make someone love you, when they don’t* He thought over. What the hell was he doing? He was trying to turn SungMin into loving him, but in a totally wrong way! How could he not have seen this until now? He shouldn’t be forcing KyuHyun away from his mind like that, he should be comforting him and hugging him instead. This seemed hopeless. He should back off, and let SungMin live his own life, love whom he wanted to love, and be with the person who wanted to love him back.

 

“I know Wookie! I’m just so confused and I just want to give him a hug, but it feel so impossible!” SungMin cried out, and a few tears fell from his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry Minnie. I’m so sorry.” RyeoWook said, not really paying attention to what SungMin had just said. Instead he told him that he was sorry for being an idiot and has treated him in that way, but of course SungMin wouldn’t understand that. SungMin also thought that he said that he was sorry for him, and that he couldn’t be with him. He fell into his arms and cried a little. RyeoWook’s eyes grew wider, and it took him a little to understand the situation, before he carefully put his arms on SungMin’s back. The front door opened and KyuHyun stepped inside with YeSung following him. They both stopped in their tracks when they saw the “pretty” sight of RyeoWook with SungMin in his arms. KyuHyun looked confused at the couple and he seemed to lose his skin color and became pale instantly. YeSung smiled a little from behind KyuHyun and made a Thumps-Up to RyeoWook, but RyeoWook just starred at the two. It felt like one of those scenes in a drama, where you hold your breath and expect the worst, before the chapter ends and you have to watch the next one to find out what happens.

 

“Minnie? Are you okay?” KyuHyun asked with a low voice, and stepped a little closer, slowly like he was getting closer to a bomb. SungMin pulled out of RyeoWook’s arms and looked at KyuHyun with reddish eyes and a few tears still running down his cheeks.

 

“Kyu… I… I… Lo…” SungMin’s words just seemed to blur when he fell hard on the floor, and past out. YeSung rolled his eyes, and knew that he couldn’t just walk away from them, even though that would feel like a good idea right now.

 

“YeSung, would you help a bit and bring a glass of water?” KyuHyun asked and was already on the floor, with SungMin’s head on his lap. YeSung didn’t need to hear that twice, and hurried into the kitchen. Feeling a little free from the stress of all this. If this didn’t work out, he would hit RyeoWook. Or maybe not. But either way, it would be RyeoWook who failed, he had done his part of the job perfectly. KyuHyun was actually a pretty nice person to be around, occasionally he could be a little over the top, but at some point he could always get by with it.

 

“Minnie… Minnie? Hey… Wake up.” KyuHyun said in a low voice, and caressed his hair, while removing the tears he had on his sticky cheeks. RyeoWook couldn’t do anything, and he didn’t want to watch this. It should be him with SungMin, and not KyuHyun. When SungMin would wake up and see KyuHyun, he would never leave his love for him, and then RyeoWook could never have him. RyeoWook slowly got up from the position he had made him on the floor beside KyuHyun and SungMin.

 

“I’m getting the water.” RyeoWook said and walked slowly out of the room. YeSung still stood in the kitchen and looked into the air.

 

“I think we should end this. It’s not getting any better, and SungMin refuse to see anything else than KyuHyun. And he constantly cries over him. Maybe this has just made everything worse.” RyeoWook said to YeSung, who just nodded.

 

“Yeah, I guess you are right. I won’t have any problem with cutting this off, but remember when we do that, you can’t have him…” YeSung said and now looked at him with intense eyes. RyeoWook sighed and sat on a chair.

 

“I know. But I should let him love him, and not interfere.” RyeoWook answered. YeSung nodded again.

 

“Good, then it’s off. Remember you owe me one.” YeSung said, and walked out of the kitchen, not interested in hearing his answer. RyeoWook didn’t say anything. He suddenly remembered that he should get that glass of water. So he got up to get it.

 

Just when RyeoWook had left for the water, KyuHyun looked down at SungMin again. *Sweet* He thought. He had always liked SungMin when he was asleep, and had always caught himself with looking at him at night, when he knew he slept, and then he the lamp on his night table.

 

SungMin made a noise and his eyes slowly started to open. He blinked a lot of times, before he looked up at KyuHyun.

 

“Are you alright?” KyuHyun asked a little worried. At some point it felt weird, but SungMin smiled at him.

 

“Yes, I’m fine now.” SungMin answered and looked into KyuHyun’s eyes. KyuHyun couldn’t stop the smile that formed on his lips and nodded a little.

 

“I’m happy to hear that.” KyuHyun said and continued to caress his hair. SungMin closed his eyes and enjoyed the contact he had with KyuHyun. It didn’t happen often, so he always enjoyed it while it was.

 

“You was about to say something when you past out. It sounded important.” KyuHyun asked a little worried. SungMin’s eyes shot wide open and looked up at him, just about to get up, but KyuHyun almost forced him to lie down again.

 

“I can’t remember.” SungMin lied and he looked away from KyuHyun, which made him expose himself with what he had just said was a lie.

 

“You are a terrible liar Minnie. I kind of like that about you.” KyuHyun said and laughed a little. SungMin looked up at KyuHyun, it felt like the best words he had heard in a long time. Even though it was a flaw, he still liked that. SungMin felt that he could jump around in happiness.

 

“I’m sorry for making you worry.” SungMin just said and looked down. KyuHyun smiled and his hand once more caressed his hair.

 

“Even when you don’t make anything happen, I still worry about you. I care about you.” KyuHyun said with a soft voice, letting his hand brush his cheek, and the other one was still in his hair.

 

“I care about you too, Kyu. A lot.” SungMin mumbled and his eyes were still looking down. KyuHyun moved his face softly a little upwards with his finger under his chin. SungMin looked into his eyes, and felt warmth in his body. KyuHyun was still smiling, a warm and soft smile.

 

“I need to tell you, that I…” SungMin was just about to say those words that he had been longing to say for so long, but when he was just about to, RyeoWook showed up. SungMin closed his mouth and closed his eyes for a second, in regret that he had even started the thing he would say. Now KyuHyun would want to know when RyeoWook wasn’t there anymore, and he wasn’t really sure that he could say it at that point.

 

“I see you are awake.” RyeoWook said and smiled slightly.

 

“That’s good.” He continued. He handed over the glass of water to KyuHyun and looked down at SungMin.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked and SungMin nodded very little.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” SungMin answered. *Can you please go? I need to tell him.* SungMin thought and actually got slightly annoyed. He knew that RyeoWook cared about him, but he had been stopping him every time, and he just really needed to get this over with.

 

“Uhm, good to hear.” RyeoWook said and smiled a little more. He could very well feel the atmosphere was a little unsafe, so he bowed his head slightly.

 

“I need to go.” RyeoWook said, bowed his head again, and walked away, feeling like hitting his into the wall while he was on his way. SungMin looked after him, and closed his eyes for a second. Then he looked at KyuHyun again, who just stared back at him. KyuHyun put the glass of water on the floor, and helped SungMin to sit a little bit up, while still holding him. He gave him the glass, and SungMin took a little sip of it.

 

“You know… I… Uhm… I like you Minnie.” KyuHyun said slowly and quickly looked down for two seconds, and then at him again. SungMin was just about to drop the glass of water, and spit of what he had in his mouth. Instead he swallowed hard and sat the glass down on the floor.

 

“I… I don’t know what to say.” SungMin answered which perhaps was the stupidest thing he had ever said in his life. KyuHyun looked away and felt a little pain in his chest.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry, I shouldn’t say something like that.” KyuHyun excused and looked down on the ground, avoiding any kind of eye contact.

 

“No, I just thought…” SungMin mumbled. Every single thing that he could remember with KyuHyun and YeSung had just seemed so right. He had been sure that they were a couple, or in love. But this had made a whole new turn of things.

 

“I just thought that you and YeSung… You know… Was sort of together?” SungMin said and looked a little confused at him.

 

“Me and YeSung?” KyuHyun asked and couldn’t help but smile a little because it sounded hilarious. The little turn of things had given him a bit of strength to look at SungMin again.

 

“No, we are not together. He just kept talking to me, and I thought… You know… He’s kind of lonely, so I thought I would be nice and speak with him, he seemed to be needing a friend. He is a good friend and so, but… Not like you. He is not you.” KyuHyun finally ended his saying. Their eyes locked together, and SungMin’s eyes sparkled like stars. KyuHyun moved a hand to his cheek and caressed the soft skin with his thumb. They both silently begged for not to be interrupted now, which would both be awkward, but also an end of things right there.

 

“I love you Kyu. I just haven’t had the strength to tell you.” SungMin whispered. KyuHyun smiled a little, and moved closer. Their faces were inches apart, and they could feel each other’s breath against their skin.

 

“I love you too Minnie.” KyuHyun whispered back and slowly moved his head towards his, and their lips touched. The warm, bobbling feeling spread in their stomachs and both of their hearts was on a beating race. No one of them won.

 

RyeoWook sat on the corner. He had heard everything and he was silently sobbing. Tears were still running from his eyes, and his head was turned upwards with rest on the wall. He closed his eyes, and opened them again a few seconds later. He should have known. Of course KyuHyun didn’t like YeSung. There had happened nothing between them, and YeSung didn’t feel any different, which he would have done if anything had happened. If KyuHyun had kissed him or done any motion to do so, YeSung would have ended it. The two loved each other. He should be happy right? He wasn’t. His heart had shattered to pieces, and it was never meant to mend again. Why had he been so stupid? Acting all wrong and thrown away his chance. He slowly got up on shaking legs, and stumbled towards his and YeSung’s shared room. He fell down on the bed, and closed his eyes. Feeling lucky that YeSung wasn’t in there.

 

“We would never be a thing. Never be together. He was never mine.” RyeoWook said to himself. His pillow was already half soaked from his tears.

 

 

KyuHyun slowly ended the kiss and pulled away a few inches. They both smiled to each other and KyuHyun brushed a little of SungMin’s hair away from his eye, and caressed his cheek with a finger.

 

“Will you be mine?” SungMin slowly asked. KyuHyun smiled a little more.

 

“Always.” He answered and gave him one more kiss.

 

 

“If you love something – Set it free.

If it comes back to you, it’s yours.

If it doesn’t, it never was.”