Prologue

More Than Meets the Eye

 

“Kiss me baby take me day by day~”

The crowd roared with approval as Jiyeon ended the last note. The T-ara members bowed deeply to the audience before walking off the stage, the fans still screaming and cheering behind them.

The moment Jiyeon got off the stage, she ran into the arms of her waiting boyfriend. Myungsoo hugged her tightly, “Daebak as usual, Jiyeonnie.”

Jiyeon pouted, shoving him a little, “You! You said you’ll be here before we start our stage! Where were you?”

Myungsoo sighed dramatically, “I couldn’t help it, the other girl wanted me to stay a little longer…”

Jiyeon’s eyes widened and she smacked Myungsoo in mock outrage, “What other girl?!”

Myungsoo grinned at his little joke, and the other T-ara members laughed, but Jiyeon folded her arms and turned away from him, “You’re so mean! I’m going to ignore you!”

Myungsoo blinked, startled, “Eh? You’re really mad? Aw come on, don’t be pissed off, I didn’t mean to upset you…” he hugged her from behind, and Jiyeon couldn’t keep the smile off her face.

Boram shot them a look, “You two…you’re completely insensitive about other people who’re still single! And Kim Myungsoo, I thought you’re supposed to be a cool and mysterious playboy, how can you fold so easily in front of Jiyeon?”

Eunjung laughed, “Let’s face it, Myungsoo may have a badass playboy image, but inside, he’s just a big soft tofu!”

Jiyeon grinned as she threw her arms around Myungsoo, “Well, he’s my tofu!” She waved to her members, “We’re going out for dinner together, see you guys!”

The other T-ara members waved back to them as they left the room. Hyomin waited till they were out of earshot before sighing, “Those two…they’ve been together for four years and they haven’t even kissed each other on the cheeks or anything, let alone the lips! They’re moving so slowly, it’ll be fifty years later before they get married!”

Qri rolled her eyes, “The two of them are just too shy, they’ll grow up after a while. I mean, seriously, do you want to have them making out at our house all the time?”

Eunjung shuddered, “That would be disturbing. Imagine walking in on them while they’re making out and seeing them-” The ramblings of Eunjung’s vivid imagination were quickly drowned out of the yells of protest from the other T-ara members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The coins drummed onto the floor, rolling to a dismal halt. The credit cards followed, clattering noisily to the floor, before the wallet was tossed, casually, nonchalantly.

The girl fell to her knees before him, her hands clasped together, begging pitifully, “Please don’t…I love you, please don’t do this to me.”

The man looked bored as he kicked a few coins to the girl, “I’ve already spent a few thousand dollars on you, so don’t waste my time anymore. Leave.”

The girl grabbed desperately onto his pant leg, “You can’t do this! I won’t leave you!”

The man kicked out viciously, “Don’t dirty my clothes with your filthy hands!” He leaned back into his chair, folding his arms as he smirked coldly, “You got together with me because I was rich, you think I don’t know that? So don’t spout all this sentimental crap to me now.”

“I know, I know, I was wrong! But now I really love you, ever since we-” the man suddenly grabbed the girl’s hair and she cried out in pain. He shook her roughly, “That’s the point, my dear. Women in love are nothing but clingy, annoying people. It was fun playing with you, when you were your own person, with your own intentions, your own purposes. But now? You utterly bore me. I’ve already spent long enough on you, so go and stop wasting my time. Take the money on the floor, if you want, since that’s what you came for in the first place.”

The girl sobbed furiously, uncontrollably.

All of a sudden, there was a sharp rap on the door, and a tall, incredibly handsome man with model-like features entered, “JB, you called?”

JB indicated the weeping girl lazily, “Throw her out, Kris. She’s starting to annoy me.”

Kris grimaced. Then, arranging his features into an expression devoid of emotion, he grabbed the girl by the arms and began to tug her out of the room. As he left, another young man entered the room. He was of average height, with sharp, handsome features and a youthful looking face marred by an expression of disgust, “Seriously, JB, can you keep your affairs more discreet? Every time I come here, I see either Kris or Tao dragging your women away. You should really start paying the two of them for hard labour.”

JB chuckled, “That coming from Xi Luhan, the King of Playboys himself?”

Luhan rolled his eyes as he threw himself into the chair, “You know I don’t agree with that nickname. And, even if I were the King of Playboys, at least I’m a discreet king.”

JB snorted.

“But seriously, don’t you get tired of breaking women’s hearts? At this rate, you might as well make it your permanent occupation.” Luhan remarked as he poured himself a glass of champagne.

“Women are superficial. They don’t have hearts, so why worry about breaking them?” JB answered coolly.

“Are you including your sister in that description?” Luhan raised an eyebrow. JB scoffed, “Of course not. Yoona and Krystal are the sole exceptions in a world where women are nothing but superficial es.”

Luhan shook her head in disagreement, sipping the champagne, “Frankly I think Yoona is a bigger than any of your other girls.”

“You just don’t like her because she’s the only one who dares to challenge you.” JB retorted. Luhan snorted, “Not likely. I wouldn’t waste the time and effort to dislike her, anyway. Anyway, Kai and Baekhyun are targeting a new company.”

JB raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

“Well, you know how Krystal really wants to become an idol? Yeah, she went to this entertainment company for an audition. Baek and Minho went with her, although they stayed outside. Apparently, the CEO was stupid enough to make a move on Krystal.” Luhan related.

JB was already shaking his head before Luhan finished, “What an idiot. Baek and Minho are insanely protective of Krystal. They won’t even let us near her! And some old man tries to make a pass at her? He just signed a death warrant.”

Luhan shrugged, “Yeah well, like you said, Baek and Minho have some insane sister complex. Anyway, their dad owns KBS, as you know, and they’ve asked him to call in all the favours to block this company. Essentially, they’re screwed.”

JB frowned, “Did Mr Byun agree to it?”

“Yeah. Like, come on. Krystal is like the precious baby of the family, all of them are so protective of her. So of course  Mr Byun agreed to it.”

“But surely even that’s not enough to bankrupt an entertainment company?”

Luhan was nodding before JB finished, “Yes, here’s the crazy part, and this is where you come in. Baek and Minho did their homework, and apparently, this CEO borrowed a great deal of money from your uncle to start his company. They were friends in high school or something.”

“By my uncle, you’re referring to…?” JB’s voice trailed off as he looked at Luhan questioningly.

The one who drowned while scuba-diving, yes. So it turns out that this old ert’s company hasn’t actually made much of a profit since he started it. It seems he actually used to pay off directors and composers just to get castings and good songs for his artists, but well, it wasn’t all that successful. They’ve only had one really successful band lately, but their management is so crap that the profit really isn’t much.” Luhan finished with a small smirk.

JB nodded, understanding at once, “You want me to ask him to repay the debt.” He looked thoughtful for a moment, then nodded again, a smile spreading across his face, “Easily done. But tell Baek and Minho they owe me one.”

Luhan stood up with a grin, clapping his best friend on the shoulder, “You know they won’t care if they owe you a hundred as long as they can protect their little sister.”

Luhan had almost left the room when JB suddenly called out a last question, “What’s the name of the company anyway?”

“Core Contents Media.”

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, so here's the prologue of my new story! There's not much romance in this, it's more of an introduction. Only Luhan, JB, Jiyeon and Myungsoo are properly introduced in this chapter. Luhan/JB/Kai are best friends since they were kids, although I'll be elaborating on that more later, while Myungsoo/Jiyeon are the cute adorable couple at the moment.

JB/Jiyeon meet each other properly for the first time in the next chapter, and Kai/Krystal are also introduced. 

Anyway, JB seems more like the cold evil bastard who does everything for himself, and Luhan is his best friend who's not as evil, but doesn't really have a conscience either. They seem like those rich 少爷(meaning young master) who go around making life hell for others. And they really are; they always get their way and will do anything to get it. But there's more to them then that :)

Jiyeon's just the idol who's having the time of her life in a famous group, with a famous boyfriend. But life goes swiftly downhill for her in the next chapter. So anticipate it!

And remember, comment and subscribe if you haven't yet!