four

FREE PUPPIES

chapter four! just an fyi, since i started this when they debuted and have been using their debut concepts looks, i'll also be using their ages when they debuted or at least around there. this chapter will mention everyone's ages and kind of the reader's. and another thing, i like making places up so this story technically doesn't take place in korea (aka lazy to constantly b researching every single detail about something, so making up places is easier lmao). but it does take place in this day and age (mostly). 


            There was a supermarket down the street that you figured you could go to. The market sold food and had a small section of clothing, which mainly consisted of really ugly shirts, and a bunch of other things. They sold packages of underwear and socks, so you figured that would be okay for now.

            During the walk, the boys were so amazed by the city that you lived in. It was like they never been to a city before. By the way they acted towards certain things, it seemed like they didn’t even know what modern technology was. They seemed to be terrified of all the motor vehicles and they kept on asking you what things were. They seemed to be fine at your apartment and didn’t question you about anything that you had that was electronic, but everything outside seemed unreal to them. You kept on having to explain what everything you passed was. It was kind of cute, actually. The six of them all resembled kids with all the innocent wonder in their eyes.

            And you decided to take that all back when they started running off on their own even though you had told them they had to stay with you before you left. Moments ago, they were cute kids. Now, they are troublesome brats.

            “Hey!” You yelled at them. Of course the only attention you gained from screaming was from strangers passing by and not the six you intended. The closest who didn’t run the farthest away was Ray, who seemed to be minding his own business staring at one of the street vender’s food that was on display. You grabbed the back of his collar to his shirt and started dragging him along with you.

            After a few feet, you let go of him. “Help me catch the others. Alright?” You glared at him, causing him to gulp and nod. “Good.”

            It took maybe fifteen minutes to track down and capture the other five boys with Ray’s help. You gently wacked each one of them on the top of their heads in an attempt to teach them better.

            “What. Did. I say. About. Running. Out of my sight?” You asked with each bonk through gritted teeth.

            “Not to,” one of them mumbled.

            “And what did you do?”

            “Ran out of your sight,” answered another one.

            You turned your back to them as you sighed, thinking about if you should punish them or not.

            “Nice lady turned into a witch.” You heard someone whisper to the others, making you turn back around to face them. You glared at them, asking who was the one who said that. They all pointed to Maru besides Maru who pointed at T.K who was standing next to him.

            “I didn’t say it!” Maru tried to defend himself, but it didn’t fool you. You grabbed his hand, deciding his punishment was to be treated like a child if was going to act like one. Which before, you thought they were all acting like cute children…but this time it’s different because he insulted you after ignoring one of your rules.

            “Maybe I would stay a nice lady if everyone listened to my rules,” you said with annoyance in your tone.

            You tugged him along and motioned for the other boys to follow suit.

 

            The seven of you finally reached the supermarket. Once inside, you picked up one of the shopping baskets with your free hand.

            “Alright, first we’ll get you all some underwear and socks. And then we can decide what we can have to eat when we get home. But you have to behave in here! No running off, okay?”

            They nodded in agreement and hopefully this time they would listen or they would be sharing Maru’s fate and would have to either hold hands with you or hold Maru’s hand, but you didn’t know how much you could trust them if you let Maru hold onto them. You didn’t know if he would let go and then you’d lose the second trouble maker.

            So far, so good; no one was running off and they all seemed to just look at each thing you walked passed as you were heading towards the clothing section. Maru was behaving as well, minding his own business, looking around in interest at some things. Since he was being good now, you thought he would be okay if you let of his hand. He looked at you when you did, and you waited a second to see if he would run off, but he didn’t.

            On the way, you went by the pet aisle and you almost paused, thinking if maybe you should stop and look to see what they have. You stopped, though, thinking that they’re only dogs at night so maybe they didn’t really need anything. But you weren’t so sure. Should you buy dog food for them at night for their dinner? Last night they ate it fine. Did they even like it? Did they only eat it because they had nothing else and you thought they were just puppies? You didn’t know what to do to. What do you do in this type of situation?

You were about to turn away, but certain products caught your eyes. There hanging by hooks on the pegboard were different types of collars and leashes. You almost started laughing as you pictured them in their human form in collars with leashes. Then again, maybe they needed them if they were going to run off and being on a leash would be the ultimate punishment…

            “Hey,” one of the boys said to you and pulled at your sleeve, which snapped you out of your thoughts. You turned to see Rome.

            “Should I buy you all leashes?” You joked, making them pale slightly at just the thought. You laughed at their reactions and told them you were kidding. Though, back to what you were thinking about earlier for a punishment…Maybe you weren’t.

            Anyways, you decided to not to and lead them to the clothes section, finally. You said they could pick out their own things. They did just that and put everything into the basket you were carrying. The boys looked at other the shirts and pants the store had. They couldn’t get anything else at the moment because you already spent all that money on their current clothes and their second outfits, but on your next pay day they could go to the mall with you and pick out another pair of clothes. They deemed that as fair.

            “Now, let’s decide what we should buy for food,” you said and directed to the grocery aisles. On the journey to those aisles, you passed the pet aisle again and decided maybe you should buy at least a bag of puppy chow just in case. They groaned when you brought it up. Obviously they didn’t want to be treated as dogs, even though they did turn into them when they sun went down.

            You got a bag of some brand you heard was good and a reasonable price and put it in the basket.

            “Okay, NOW, let’s get people food!”

            When you got to the grocery aisles, they tried to grab a bunch of things, that was mainly junk food, but you told them to pick out a few things. As they did that, you grabbed what you thought they would like for a meal.

 

            That was finally done and you were about to go into the checkout, but then something crossed your mind. All these boys have now are just clothes and food. They don’t have anything else like toothbrushes, or hairbrushes, or anything along those lines.

            “Follow me,” you instructed and almost dashed off.

            “We’ve been doing that!” Kangjun complained but you didn’t even bother to even look at him.

            You stopped in the oral hygiene aisle and told them to pick out a cheap toothbrush. Rome was the first one to pick one out and the other five boys continued to look. Some fighting over a certain one that had a color they liked. Rome dropped his into the basket that was already over flowing with all the things you were buying.

            “Is it heavy?” Rome asked, referring to the basket.

            “Nah, it’s fine,” you answered and continued to watch the other brats who needed to hurry up at pick out their toothbrushes before you picked them out for them.  They did and all put their new tooth brushes in the basket. Next, you had them pick out their own hairbrush that was in the next aisle over. And once again, Rome was the first one to pick his and attempted to put it in the basket, but it slipped to the floor because of the basket overflowing.

            “Here,” Rome took the basket from your grasp after he picked up his brush and he handed you his brush to carry.

            “Oh, thanks.”

            “You’re welcome.”

            Your attention then went back to the others, who were once again fighting over hair brushes. Annoyed, you went over and picked random ones and handed them to the brats. Next, you had them pick out bottles of body wash/shampoo/conditioner they all could share and their own things of deodorant.

            “Okay, I think that’s the most important stuff. Let’s go,” you said and headed back towards the checkout, the six boys right behind you.

            Checking out wasn’t bad. The boys all helped putting everything you were buying onto the counter for the cashier to ring up. You watched the total price go up and up. There was that crying from your wallet again… The cashier told you the price and you swiped your card through the card reader. You were handed the receipt and the boys grabbed all the bags, leaving nothing for you to carry, which was nice.

            The walk back home was less eventful than the walk to the store. You were glad for that. You didn’t need those leashes for now...

            “Thanks for buying us all this today,” Siwoo brought up suddenly. You looked at him from your spot next to him. “You spent a lot just for these things and must have spent a lot of our clothes.”

            “Well, I can’t have you all walking around or wearing my clothes. Nor can I let you guys go without eating or have basic hygiene. But you’re welcome.”

            The others heard Siwoo thanking you and you were soon bombarded with thank you’s and how grateful they were for you doing all that you are for them.

            “You’re all welcome.”

 

            Finally home, they helped you put away the food and their toiletries. You told them they could take turns taking showers and everything since they haven’t in a while. And as they did that, you would cook some food. T.K offered to help you with the cooking while he waited for his turn to shower. The boys had played rock, paper, scissors to see the order of the showers (which you had to show them how it worked) and T.K had lost and ended up being the last to shower. You accepted his offer to help since you would be cooking for seven people and it would be a lot of work.

            Maru was the first to shower since he won the game, and the other four stayed in the kitchen, watching you and T.K make food. When Maru was done, Kangjun went in second and they continued to cycle through everyone.

            “So, how old is everyone?” You asked, wondering their ages. They all seemed pretty young, and you’ve been considering them as kids, but they could be just as old as you are. But you were wrong.

            “I’m 15!” Maru spoke up first. Holy crap! He’s so young! By his age, you were kind of nervous to find out the ages of the others. Were they just as young?

            “17,” T.K answered as he grabbed a handful of the chopped veggies and dropped them into the pot that was on the stove like you told him to. Seventeen wasn’t as bad as fifteen, but that was still so much younger than you were. You turned to the other three in terror as they were about to reveal their ages.

            “I’m 19,” Siwoo said next. Still younger than you!

            “We’re both 18,” Kangjun said pointing to himself and then towards Ray. It seems like you were right into thinking they were all kids, because basically they all were. The only age you don’t know of yet is Rome’s and you were almost praying he was at least your age. But it turns out he was 22, Kangjun brought up; still younger than you.

            “You’re all younger than me,” you sighed and went back to making food with T.K. You weren’t that much older, though. 30 is still quite a few years away, but still. Was it even okay for you to live with such young boys? Basically, you were their guardian, but you didn’t know.

            The food was half way done and most of the boys have already showered. T.K was just waiting for Siwoo to come out so he could go in and then you’d lose your cooking partner. He did enter the kitchen just a few minutes later, telling T.K he could shower. T.K left and you checked everything you were cooking to see how much longer they needed. Not much longer. Everything should be done by the time T.K comes back from the shower.

            The other boys had gotten bored, just sitting at the table so they left into the living room. They had asked you what the television was and you explained it to them the best you could. You turned it on for them and showed them how to use it. After finding out their ages, you had asked them a little bit of what their world was like and they told you that they didn’t have all these “weird” things your world has. They didn’t really have anything that ran by electricity or anything modern. Their world was basically like the olden days. They used horses for transportation rather than cars, buses, trains, or even bicycles! Fire was used to cook food, warm the house, as lights, and even to warm up bath water. But their world wasn’t exactly different, because they still had the same style of clothing pretty much and didn’t wear clothes like they did in the old times, and they had the same daily items (like toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc). You thought some of it was odd because in your world, all those years ago before electricity was even discovered, some of these things weren’t even invented yet, but they existed in their world. Maybe with magic and whatnot existing in that world made some of it possible? It didn’t really make sense to you.

            “Alright, kids,” you exclaimed from the kitchen, “food is ready!” Cue a hoard of starving boys racing into the kitchen. You handed them each a plate full of food and a drink. T.K had gotten out of the shower by now, and since the meal was basically done, you told him to just go sit with the others.

            Once they all had their share, you made yourself a plate and joined them out on the floor in the living room. On the t.v, they had some weird cartoon on that humanized sea creatures and was about some talking sponge. It was stupid to you, but they seemed to like it, so you let them watch it.

            “How is it?” You asked, wanting to know if they are enjoying what you made them.

            “It’s really good,” Rome managed to say with his mouth full of food. Bits of chewed food fell from his lips and onto his clothes. He looked down to see it all on his shirt and pants.

            “Don’t talk with your mouth open,” you ordered. “Hold on, I’ll get some napkins.” You did just that. You handed one to Rome and one to everyone else.  

            Everyone agreed with Rome, and complimented you and T.K for making a delicious meal.

They all ate it quickly, and you figured they must have been starving. You picked up all their dishes and put them into the sink, starting to do the dishes. Soon, Ray came in and asked if you wanted help. You accepted, happy that the boys so far have been trying to help you in one way or another. ‘They better.’

            You washed the dishes and then handed them to Ray who would dry them for you and put them in the cabinet that was up above the sink area.

            “So,” you started, wanting to start a conversation with him. He hasn’t spoken much so far and you want to try to make a connection with him. You haven’t really with the others yet either other than the earlier things, but you could start really bonding with them. Starting with Ray. “How do you like this world?”

            “It’s different,” he replies with. “In a good way, I like it. But I miss my world, too.”

            “It must be hard to be forced into another world with your friends and be turned into puppies. I know I’d be super mad, but you boys don’t seem to be too upset.” You handed him a plate. He took it and dried it with the rag.

            “I was at first, when we were stuck in the box. But then you brought us to your home and for some reason I could just feel that things would be okay if we were with you.” Ray put the plate into the cabinet and took the next dish you were handing to him.

            “Aww, is that why your puppy self was all cuddly in my lap?” You teased.

            “That, um…” You could see his face slightly glowing with red and could tell he was embarrassed by what you said. Ray kept stuttering and he looked away from you. You laughed at his cute actions and didn’t pressure him to reply to your teasing.

            The dishes were finally washed, dried, and put away after what felt like an hour. You never had to wash that many dishes at one time before so it dragged on, even with Ray there to talk to (and to tease). You looked at the clock and saw it was past six and the sun was setting. The boys were still watching television and Ray had joined them after he helped you. Soon they would be changing into their puppy forms and you were kind of nervous to see what it was like.

            You sat down to the side of them and stared at them, waiting.

            “What’s wrong?” Maru asked when he saw how intently you were staring at the six of them.  

            “You’ll be turning into puppies soon. I want to watch.” You moved your gaze from them to the window, seeing how far down the sun went. It was just barely at the horizon. This was probably going to take a bit.

            It felt like forever for the sun to go down since you were waiting for it to. You watched some movie that was playing with them until you saw the sun was almost gone and then your attention was back to them.

            You were waiting for some bright light or something to blind you and then they would transform into their puppy selves. But it never happened. Instead, they were there and in a blink of an eye, they were puppies. There was faint smoke around them and you could have sworn you heard some weird pop noise. Honestly, you were kind of disappointed. You kind of hoped it would have been some cool type of transformation that you’d see in movies or something. But nope.

            “Lame,” you muttered.

            You laid down on your side, your elbow on the floor with your hand supporting up your head. The six puppies all hopped to you and started snuggling their furry bodies into you. Kangjun was nuzzling his head into your arm so you would pet him, which you did.

            You noted that their human selves pretty much act different from their puppy selves. As a puppy, they do things puppies would do, even though they’re originally human. You honestly thought it was cute. But you knew they still had their human thoughts and were probably aware of what was going on from what Ray was talking about earlier.

            While you scratched behind’s Kangjun’s ear, you wondered whether or not you should call them by their human names when they are in their dog form or call them by the names you gave them when you thought they were only puppies. Your names were a lot more fun than their human names, you concluded, so you’ll be calling them by your ridiculous names.

            “Look how much Rex likes to be scratched,” you cooed to Kangjun, causing him to stop enjoying your touches and to stare up at you as if saying, ‘you’re going to use those names still?’ “Of course I am. They’re cute names.”

Now you could understand dog facial expressions. Nice.

            “Okay, puppies,” you start, sitting up, causing them to move themselves. “Let’s find a nice movie to watch and then go to bed.” 


this could be the longest chapter of a fic i'ce ever written that wasn't a one-shot tbh. wow a+ to me.
also, just the other day, it passed the day that makes this fic officially 3 years old lmao! 4 chapters in 3 years...nice.

hopefully there's no mistakes. i proof read it, but it's 4am so you can't trust your mind for lmao. anyways, hope you enojyed! Edit: I never gave them jackets. It's January in this fic. They are freezing boys now. I'll edit it in later when I'm on the computer. On mobile now. Edit 2: I added it into chapter 3, so that's a little bit longer now.